main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL wut?

"Spurns conversation that I find useless" is now the definition of "not nosy"?

OK.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That WAS the question. Thank you. I did not mean to stir up trouble, and I am sorry for derailing this thread. I didn't realize people get so sensitive over a movie series.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Removed

V-2 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Removed

MOD EDIT - I see alot of off topic posts. Alot of bating on both sides. Some insults. Then yet some trolling. If anybody needs a review of what the definition of trolling is please PM me. Lets get this thread back on topic. Folks who don't heed this will be sent to the corner.

5. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    People watch TCW because they can. Why are there movie critics? Because they warn people if a movie/TV show is good or bad. Some people watch these shows just to see how bad they have are. Especially when they argue with people about why the EU is better than TCW. I'm on the side of the people who like the EU and hate/dislike TCW.

6. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Oh my.

Protesting an immature way of communicating an opinion has no relevance to one's agreement or disagreement with that opinion.

I agree with the opinion. Somebody (I can't even keep up with who) doesn't agree. But one thing several of us agree on: it was neither backed up with intelligent thought, nor helpful to the overarching conversation.

What's the computer equivalent of a bottle full of sleeping pills? Because when the singularity hits and internet rules become life rules, I'ma need to get me some of those, stat.

V-2 likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    PraenomenCognomen

I happen to find your line of questioning interesting, so I'm going to bite; I'm here to see other people's opinions on Star Wars. Whether they agree with me or not, I'm here to discuss Star Wars. I also happen to like a few people here, and enjoy chatting to them in general.

That said, I do think the "Why are you here?" question is almost always aimed at someone who is posting a "negative" comment. The response should almost always be, "I'm allowed to be passionate about something, whether I like it or not, right?". So I agree with Anakinfan there. That question is never going to lead down a good path.

Where I disagree is that GG's post wasn't trolling. That video could quite clearly be considered bating, even if I find it amusing. The fact here is though that it isn't confined to "negative" comments.

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Does that make you a hater?

What's a hater? If it's not someone who hates a thing, I don't know what it is. I also don't know why it's harassment, if someone professes themselves to be one...

Anyway, I'm quite sure I'll never understand. I'll take my answer off the air.

9. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Hater of what? Hating things is not a bad thing. People have different opinions. Like if you hate school or work. That makes you a hater, doesn't it?

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Everything is true.....from a certain point of view

Huyang, Seerow, Darkslayer and 3 others like this.
  11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Nah, Obi-Wan clearly obfuscated the truth from Luke.

His response is the equivalent of, "You didn't ask if Darth Vader was your father, did you Luke?". Obi-Wan did it for a reason, however, so I forgive him. :)

12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I think we need to lighten the mood of this thread.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Everyone here has their likes and dislikes, no one said it was about that. I have goaded people to go beyond their superlative one-liners when they've been negative and when they've been positive. I fail to see how one asking why someone posts here is somehow inherently equivalent to wanting everything on LACWAC to be positive all the time. I want negatives and positives to both be topics of discussion, but I don't want superlative one-liners that contribute nothing to the back-and-forth from either extreme. Any false conflation suggesting otherwise about myself or others is operating based on logic that is greatly, greatly flawed.

Seerow, V-2, Darkslayer and 3 others like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I love this thread.

15. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome to the TCW off season.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Which is now forever. God help us all.

17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009

18. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    [SPOILERS from the TCW Episode "The Wrong Jedi" within.]

From what I can see, no one has posted in this comment string for about half a year now but I must add my 2 Republican credits here, for what little they are worth.

I just recently FINALLY caught up with watching Filoni's Season 5 of Clone Wars & I gotta say, this last story arc broke my heart. Yeah, I AM sad about Ahsoka's fate in this episode BUT, what REALLY has me sad is that Barriss went over to the Dark Side.

I've always been pro-Rebellion & pro-Jedi. And, over the years, the Dark Side has gained more & more fans and more & more characters. I guess it's to be expected. But what really ticks me off is that the Dark Side had to take one of "our" own. Or, depending on your point of view, one of "our" own had to switch over to the Dark Side.

For years, we had known Barriss to be one of the good gals. One of the Jedi. And now, we have lost her. She committed murder by bombing the temple.

Just sick & very tired of losing characters. To be honest, I would rather a Jedi die a Jedi than turn to the Dark Side.
    If a friend dies, we lose them but our memory of them remains untainted.

Not so when they turn to the Dark Side.

With the crimes Barriss committed, I can't see the Jedi Order ever justifyingly allowing her to return.

To Filoni, his team & Uncle George, I gotta say, I am NOT happy about this. Really not.

19. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    There are a million threads about psycho Barriss Offee, so there probably wasn't need to necro this particular thread.

The turn is understandable to me. (She wasn't a powerful Jedi that particularly contributed. She was stuck as a padawan, possessed by brain worms, disillusioned by the war. Dark side turn seemed like a logical step.) I might have been more shocked out if a more experienced Jedi like Shaak-Ti or Kit Fisto turned.

However, I always thought it was unbelievable that Anakin was the only Jedi that ever turned to the dark side aside from Dooku. (And the only one that was ever actually shown on the good side was Anakin). That's why I think the dark side had barely gained any characters. While the EU probably did it a bunch (The only example I can think of is Darth Cadieus, but there are probably a million examples) I put TCW and movies on a much higher level of canon than most of the EU. This also is why I didn't mind the overwriting of any Barriss Offee EU 'backstory'.

V-2 and cwustudent like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There is some decent Psycho!Barriss discussion going on here. It's right before the post in which SithStarSlayer takes his first apprentice. :D

What was done with Barriss is pretty controversial but so is most everything else about that arc.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  21. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Reading through these threads again, I find it hilarious that, aside from the obvious debates on whether it really WAS Barriss ( prior to this episode) much of the discussion had to do with how big Barriss' boobs were in the previous ep. Fandom priorities.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Boobs are important.

V-2 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Kmart thinks so.

24. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Yep.

It's just one of the few things they could really do that qualifies as traditionally good storytelling; this show never went very far to show you the setup for anything anybody did, preferring to let you fill in the gaps in your mind (despite the fact that some people refuse to do that)... but the writers actually had that opportunity in this case. After Brain Invaders, Barriss was the obvious choice.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    There's a difference between the audience being required to fill in gaps in their minds and the story completely shedding reason and logic.

>We need a reason to get rid of Ahsoka from the Jedi Order because RotS is approaching
    >Bomb the Jedi temple!
    >Oh, and Barriss, who hasn't had dialogue for three and a half seasons, is the bomber
    >Oh, and she has gained the ability to remotely Force choke people
    >And she thinks the Jedi and Republic are corrupt....but, she thinks red lightsabers are suit her and is willing to kill innocents.

Yeah, okay.

Esg, Darth_Zandalor, FARK2005 and 3 others like this.