main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd be worried about that too if I didn't have faith in Arndt and Abrams. I think they'll make it work.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Arndt and Abrams give me faith. I just hope their inner fanboys dont get in the way too much that they feel obligated to "Throw this in here cause the fans and I get this!". Focus on making a good movie...THEN you can throw in your easter eggs.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm really excited to see what Arndt can do. I am excited for JJ too, don't get me wrong, but I think Arndt's writing will make or break the film.

4. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah the script is all that matters. I just hope whatever he does is good and NOT like the last time a writer worked off Lucas' notes *which gave us the infamous nuking the fridge scene*

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I find that scene hilarious [face_laugh]

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Arndt did a brilliant job on Toy Story 3, so his adaptation of Lucas' treatment for Episode 7 has me very curious but also pretty optimistic.

Regarding the fridge nuking scene... if I had to choose between being inside a fridge and not being inside anything in that scenario, I'd probably choose the fridge too... can't hurt. :p

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ryus and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh man, that zipped lips thing is great. Let him unzip his lips Disney!

9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Poor Christina Applegate. [face_laugh]

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh, that's awesome.[face_laugh] I love the zipped lips thing; cracked me up.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I found this and I think it summarizes why we can't *and most likely wont* be seeing a digitally deaged OT cast

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    When I saw the header, I ALMOST didn't even click the link - more proof why fans should NOT write the ST...

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh dear God - I can't believe the host even agrees that it's a good idea. I need to go post that video in the "what would make me so mad I'd walk out of Ep VII" thread.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Just read on the official site that Billy Dee is attending Star Wars weekends. I don't know but it seems to me like they're setting up the big whoop-de-do. Perhaps making the announcement at Star Wars weekends and then getting the cast together at Celebration Europe.

15. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Arnold had no point? The point was he was a huge action star likethe rest ofthe cast. He was not in the film much becasue he was a Governor of a state at the time of filming. His cameo was exactly what it was intended to be......Not leaving out arguably the biggest action star in the films all-star action-star cast.

I dont think this reference fits in with anything having to do with Star Wars. OT characters are 100% essential to the ST, and PT characters may be as well if the story calls for it. I dont think we will see many, if any, characters that are not needed.

16. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    I know you're just being funny, Scoundrel, but that actually makes sense...I could see Lando running for SC or at least becoming a senator. Also, it would give them a logical reason for him to appear in the ST.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, this is exactly what I hope they do with his character. I smile because the idea fills me with happy. :)

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    All the proof we need can be found on these boards. Sometimes I sprain my hand from face-palming.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ooh, love the new avatar. It is tres chic. :)

Darth Claire likes this.
  20. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Hope so hope so ..

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    This may have been brought up already, but is there a chance this announcement may be made on May the Fourth?

22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Why would that be significant if it were?

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    May the Fourth be with you. It is Star Wars Day.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's been brought up before, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of announcement.

25. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Are we still on about this? I'll be back when the movie is in theaters... I'm not getting excited over nothing or having my hopes smashed. When exactly are they coming to spill the beans? I might post here and there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.