main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    It's easier to follow your plan than come up with my own. :p Also I get another Togruta on my team and that makes my GM happy soooo *thumbs up*

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    That's why I provide the Mock Draft. It helps out the players who don't really know who they want to draft.

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Yep, all that has been said here is true: Mock Draft is helpful, you can switch perspectives occasionally if needed for a situation like this, and the ELL Draft is roughly midway through the offseason--especially since it's a loooooooooooooooooooooooong offeseason in ELL. :)

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Since we only have ten weeks of actual season, that's 42 weeks (at least in Earth time) of offseason. 8-}

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Actually according to the Galactic Standard Calendar... there are 73 weeks and 3 days in a year!

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You missed (in Earth time) of my post. ;)

But yes, our season is exceptionally short.

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    But it means more champions! :D

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    No I saw that part...

But seeing as 3 weeks and three days of the year are holidays and add to the regular season our two weeks of preseason our playtime actually covers 17% of the year.

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I always assumed that the preseason games could be scheduled and played months in advance of the season.

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    They can. I only give the dates on them for the convenience of you guys knowing when I'm rolling scores.

And YAY! Pam's back! I always liked her. If Cundertol hadn't had his woman in Valerii and known better than to go poaching in S'rily territory, he would have made a play for her as his hire for the Miners job. And former Miner Ortmeyer as a Force head coach? He's had a spectacular career after retiring for the field. Kudos to the man.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hooray, Trieste likes my characters! :D

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well technically Ortmeyer was my character before he was your character. ;)

By the way, doing some work on the Wiki these last couple of days has been really interesting. I created pages for all of the Elite League awards and realized a few things:
    • Meredith Chambers has won 3 MVPs? Jeez. Can anyone say first ballot hall of famer? I hate to say it, but she's going to go down with Strensky as an all time great.
    • Only one team has ever won the Commissioner's Trophy twice (Vandelhelm)
    • I totally forgot that Tover Micjaa won back-to-back Langanns.
    • Bakura has won the Ingbrand four times. No team has ever won it more than once.
    • Aebett Zargana is the only Skywalker Conference GM to win the Grames Award
    Fascinating stuff! At least to me anyways. :D

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Did you also know that last season was the first year that a monarch was not nominated for an award since they joined the ELL?

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I missed that--mainly because I haven't gone through the nominations (that would be the next project--but then I'd have to go hunting through the game thread and hope that the old seasons aren't truncated). However, that's a pretty good record for the Monarchs, though sad that they broke it.

15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That'll teach them not to miss the playoffs

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, you have a whole bevy of draft picks to use to get them there. ;)

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I could always use one more ;)

Perhaps a third rounder :p

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Wow, first time we've ever had a missed draft pick.

19. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Well he still has time because I won't be posting my pick until later tonight

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    When I reviewed the rules in our library thread, as I had originally written them, it was actually a lost pick because the rules stated that it was lost. However, actual drafts allow a team that takes too long to make their pick at any point thereafter. Accordingly, it seemed to be reasonable to allow our players to do the same.

CPL_Macja and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Sounds fair.

[​IMG]

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Actually, it still mentions that second and third-rounders are forfeited. Are we going on the assumption that all picks can be rolled over, or are these later-round picks, since they are "worth less" compared to first-round picks, subject to loss?

23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I think I should get the Jets pick because they defaulted :p

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I had not noticed that, so excellent point. Because the second and third rounders are done silent auction style, if someone never sent me a PM with their picks by the end of the second and third round, then they would wind up forfeiting them because the draft would end and they'd be skipped over entirely. It would make for a trickier than usual second and third round. I know lots of people, especially in later rounds, wait to hear who's drafted ahead of them before they make a pick so they are not constantly revising their draft picks with me (I know it gets frustrating when you are the last or second to last pick in particular because just about everyone you request is taken). Since he's the example today, if JM1511 were to never make his very high draft picks in each round, that would cause big problems for everyone. I would need people to work with me a little more over PM if that happened.

Does that all make sense?

25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    A possible solution would be to divide the second/third rounds into blocks of pick and have each block due on a specific day. Let's say we have six days to complete rounds 2 and 3 this year; second round picks 1 to 3 would be due on day one, picks 4 to 7 due on day two, 8 to 11 due on day three, and repeat for the third round and days four through six. Out of fairness, if a player missed his pick, you could announce picks only on their due date rather than as soon as they come in to allow a reasonable amount of time for the missing player to make their pick without losing too much position. Opinions?