main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm just afraid that we'll basically run out of days in our offseason if we segment our picks like that.

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    That's not a bad idea. I am definitely interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

And because I know he likes it when there's a general call for action, Jedi Gunny. And since she sometimes misses things, Rebecca_Daniels too.

--EDIT--
    Actually, a fair point given the 11 person first round. We have 21 days offseason, so the first round will take up half of that.

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And remember, the "six days" I used in my proposal is just an example. It could just as easily be four days or five days or whatever number Trieste feels is reasonable.

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I held off as long as I could, but the Monarchs pick is in.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I don't really understand how the 2nd/3rd rounds work as it is but I'm up for anything.

I've had a really bad week so still not sure when my finals post will be up... I'm frustrating myself not finishing it but I'm feeling awful right now so I think it's best to wait.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    :( Sorry to hear you're not doing well.

The second and third rounds are performed in a silent auction and entirely through PMs to me. Rather than repeating the format of the first round where everyone has a certain day to draft, you tell me who you want to take with your picks and I post them as they become available. Since you have the first pick of the second rounder, that essentially means that you get whoever you want once the first round is completed. I will announce that immediately so everyone knows who is still available and who is not. I might be making some changes to that format since we've got one MIA drafter at the moment because of his high draft pick, which would severely gum up the works of our usual process. I'm still thinking that over.

CPL_Macja Setarcos's last comment on the shuttle had me sniggering. ;)

Bardan_Jusik "Vandelhelm still cooling their jets" was a fantastic pun. :p

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I was wondering if anyone would get it

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I find it highly interesting that two of the top three picks were Togruta. That's quite astounding for one non-Human race to be drafted so highly! Also, I have to say that Rydonni Prime surprised me with their pick of Xux given where she stood in the HSN draft rankings. However, since she was the only Center Half Back in the Draft, I'm guessing that was the primary motivation for the pick. Seems like it was a "best available at a position we need" pick rather than a skill pick. However, glad to know that a Bak10 player got some love on Draft Day!

To think, the Helmsman winner is still on the board at the fourth pick of the Draft, even with being ranked first overall for offense by HSN! Shocking!

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    My mock draft was still right in that regard. :p

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Apparently limmie is alive and well on Shilli. :p I think it helped given the Lightning's team philosophy though. I am happy that two of the players I submitted went in the top three though. ;)

[​IMG]

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    At least we can say that the Draft is never predictable.

Which is good for the game, because then we can never count out someone being available at our draft position.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's why we love it!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, I took the position that the mock draft said I would take. But why take the player it said when the Helmsman winner is still available? :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Because you love my Mock Draft so much that you'll follow it regardless? :p

And yes, Mioree should definitely help the Storm, especially if he gets moved to another position.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Move a Helmsman winner to a different position? That would be a radical tactic.

jcgoble3 I grinned at Aebatt's dig. If she keeps up like that Cundertol's going to ask her out to dinner some day. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Cundertol might not like her response, especially after that Grames acceptance speech. :p

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Since Ayn Dormingale will be getting a view from the owner's box at Bakura Gardens, it's no secret she's going to be interacting with the Noble House of Trieste quite a bit. They're a bit of a large family and while I can keep them straight in my head, I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't. ;) If you think it would be helpful for me to make a family tree of the Noble House, please like this post and I'll see about putting one together for you all. :)

jcgoble3 and CPL_Macja like this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    A family tree would be great. For that purpose, I just imported the family tree template used on Wookieepedia (originally from Wikipedia) to our wiki; you can look at how to use it here. Have fun!

CPL_Macja likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's going to take some reading on my part to figure out how it works...especially given the number of people who would be included in the tree! Does it support the ability to add thumbnail pictures as well?

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    It's not designed for pictures, but there's nothing stopping you from including very small images with the text label for each box. Just be aware that it might look a little off.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    CorTech may play like crap these days, but they can certainly churn out good first-rounders. :D

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    We are drawing near to the close of the first round of the draft, so it's time that we talk about how we proceed with the draft. To make sure everyone's aware of the conversation, I've tagged you all.

I've promised I'll explain the second and third rounds when we get there and now we're there. :)
    • You will have a certain time period to make your picks.
    • You PM me your picks.
    • I post the picks in order as I am able.
    • If someone has used an earlier pick that I have not yet posted to take your player, I will tell you.
    Right now I would like to give each round three days and do them separately. If Bardan and JM_1977 make their picks in the first round quickly, that means we'll wrap the draft up around next Monday giving everyone a full week of pure offseason. I think three days will be sufficient time for everyone to get in. If you have a lower pick would like to wait towards the end of the three days, that is acceptable.

In a change from years past, I will provide anyone who asks with the players that have been selected ahead of their pick, regardless of whether I have announced them or not. This might take away some draft drama, but it is intended to help low picks understand what's left on the board.

Like in the first round, any picks that have not been made will carry over to the next round, but any announced picks trump carryover picks.

Please please please feel free to ask me questions if you have any. :)

Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny JediMaster1511 JM_1977 Liam_Vehn Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Teegirloo

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    im calling it now Jusik will turn gargovas baby into a mando super soldier that crushes Limmie competition :p

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It'll only take about 15 years. :p

And yes, Trieste, I think giving those of us with lower picks a chance to see who has already been drafted with earlier picks makes it easier for us to make our selection and not have to come up with three or four backup picks. :p