main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Aha! I recall back in the AOTC spoiler days we got some new Sith concept art that looked like the forerunner to Kit Fisto. When the first AOTC production photos leaked and we saw Kit Fisto for the first time in front of the blue screen, a lot of us conjectured he was the Sith Lord. Is that what Filoni's referring to?

2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Seems that from there, Dave goes into what we've heard from IGN.

We're getting more TCW, then move on to whats next (Episode VII, spin-off movies, next animated series)

Aaaand they're moving into season 5 discussion. So as of now we just know of Order 66 and Clovis, but nowhere was it implied that these are the only two. Dave seems to imply that some characters will not be resolved, and it doesn't appear that there will be a "conclusion" to the series in the form of a real ending.

Yup! That sounds like what they're talking about.

3. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Good news for the Clovis arc !

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I do want to see Anakin beating the **** out of Clovis the Clovis arc.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's the only reason I want to see the Clovis arc. :p

TrandoJedi likes this.
  6. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Sounds like Maul wont be resolved on the show, at least how Dave is talking. Jimmy Mac refers to the Zillo Beast and how Maul has disappeared into the shadows the same way.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Sidious tortures and examines him to attempt to discover how he survived Naboo. Eventually, he kills him.

Frankly, it makes more sense IU than him converting him into an assassin, when Maul has so much dangerous information that could topple Sidious' ultimate plan.

TreborSabreon and TrandoJedi like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    With the rumor going around about an Obi-Wan/Maul standalone movie, this doesn't surprise me.

9. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    And to be honest, I don't think its a bad thing that TCW leaves some things open. Hell, the Star Wars movies did the same thing. The one thing I never wanted TCW to do was to wrap up every single thing to the point of killing off all the original characters. I like the idea of Bane and Hondo and Ahsoka and Talzin still being out there, unresolved. That, I think, is the best legacy that TCW can leave on the franchise. Leave characters like those available for future projects.

I'd even go so far to say that I've accepted Maul's last appearance on the show. I like the idea of Maul being pulled into the dark, scary, secret places that Palpatine has established. Sort of like Boba Fett falling into the Sarlacc pit. It wasn't an ultimate resolution for the character, but at the same time it was a situation that few have escaped from.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    can somebody post a link to the RFR thing that you are talking about ?

Huyang likes this.
  11. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
  12. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I listened to it as well and we are for sure getting Clovis and Order 66, but I think that won't be all. So I'm guessing we will also get Yoda and Boba Fett arcs and maybe one more but no more than those 5.

13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    They could show nothing but the bounty hunters arc and I'd be satisfied. :D

14. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Darth Maul died in 32 BBY on Naboo.
    Eeth Koth died in 22 BBY on Geonosis.
    Even Piell died in 19 BBY on Coruscant.
    That fits well with the movies, doesn't it?

15. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    No, it doesn't. "Sith Lords are our specialty?" Maul is what makes that line make sense.

Eeth Koth and Even Piell aren't seen in Episode III, so their deaths fit with the movies no matter what.

16. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Asajj Ventress makes that line make absolute sense. They should have mentioned Maul in the movies if he had come back. (And don't say that Ventress isn't a Sith, because Darth Maul's evil doppelgänger is not a Sith because of Dooku.)

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Asajj isn't a Sith.

She's a Dark Acolyte. :p

Well, actually she's a bounty hunter now.

18. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    No, she is not a Bounty Hunter. I was saying that Ventress was a Dark Acolyte.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    She is. Just because you, personally, don't like something doesn't change the fact that Ventress is currently a bounty hunter in official canon.

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Asajj is many things, but can be summarized with the word awesome... thanks to TCW. Another character with a great arc that benefited from the twists and turns you can get from serialized TV.

Asajj and Ahsoka can always be brought back for more adventures, it doesnt have to be under TCW banner now that they're both independent parties.

21. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    The Clone Wars ruined Asajj Ventress. She was conceived, and wonderfully portrayed in the Clone Wars Multimedia Project 2002-2005.

22. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Stupid picture not posting.

23. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Yeah, no.

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Where is that confounded "dislike" button... ;)

I strongly disagree, if you can open your heart to the version of Asajj on TCW she really was entertaining, dynamic, and wonderfully portrayed. For folks who grew attached to the original Clone Wars EU though, I can understand having trouble opening up to the changes here.

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    How about you do something constructive for once? Instead of just stating that you hate this show and it's been done better before in every post you make, give suggestions on how it could have been done better.