main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Characters from The Clone Wars that could appear in the sequel trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Apr 6, 2013.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Since The Clone Was has been cancelled with an unknown amount of episodes left that will be shown, there's still quite a few characters that haven't had their fates concluded, which means there's potential for them to appear in the sequel trilogy. And who knows, maybe Disney wanted to cancel The Clone Wars so they could use some of the characters. It's probably unlikely that any of them will appear, but it's still possible. Of course age would rule out some of the following characters, but some species might age quite slowly.

So what do you think? Do you think we'll see, or do you want to see any of the following characters in the sequel trilogy? If so, how could they be used?

Here's a list of the characters who's fates haven't been concluded:

Darth Maul
    Ahsoka Tano
    Asajj Ventress
    Captain Rex
    Cad Bane
    Hondo Ohnaka
    Mother Talzin
    Aurra Sing
    Embo
    Sugi
    Bo-Katan
    Clone Commando Gregor
    Admiral Trench
    The Younglings

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Out of those, I can only really see 3 possibilities;

Ahsoka Tano - an old Jedi in hiding discovered by Luke or the new hero
    I don't really like this as Luke is already the "old" Jedi in EPVII, but it's possible she's discovered after/if Luke is killed
    Asajj Ventress - an old darkside user in hiding discovered by Luke or the new hero
    Again, don't really like it, but it could be done. I think she would have to join the protagonists in some way
    Cad Bane - an old bounty hunter (although do we know how Duros age?)
    I'd rather a new character but he is cool and I'd be down with seeing a live version

The rest I'm not interested in seeing away from TCW TV show.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Aurra Sing predates TCW, as does Ventress- both appeared in material prior to the show.

Sing has appeared in material set 40 years after Star Wars- and not been killed off in that material, either. So, even if they think the EU matters, there's no barrier to including her.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Talzin could be the villain of the ST.

5. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    I
    _ _ _ _

I like the idea of Ahsoka being an old Jedi discovered by Luke. She could be something of a mystic, an old Jedi with shades of Yoda/Obi-Wan eccentricity. She could also fill-in a lot of blanks for Luke vis a vis his father's life, Padme, the old Jedi Order etc.

Mother Talzin. Well, I maintain that the Nightsisters could work well in the ST.
    Captain Rex. Aged Clone Wars vet in a nursing home *lol* - not much potential there, methinks.

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn't mind vet Rex receiving a visit from Luke.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    How about chewbacca? That is all. :)

8. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Assuming EP7 is 30/40 years after ROTJ (going by Big Three ages) that makes it a hell of a long time since the Clone Wars. What have these characters been doing since then? What purpose would they serve? The Clone Wars were already myths and legends by A New Hope. I think it'd be pretty cool for Ahsoka to be an elder mentor to Luke and Leia but it seems to me to be asking too much of the average audience member to accept just for a bit of fanservice.

Darth Claire likes this.
  9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Bringing Darth Maul back in the movies would confuse a ton of people. Besides, I doubt Sidious would have much use for him after Vader.

It's safe to say most of the clones are dead. Because of Captain Rex's importance, I just assumed he was going to be killed off in a later episode, before Revenge of the Sith.

Mother Talzin has a supernatural factor surrounding her. This is one I think is very plausible. Also, some of the alien species may survive up to that point, but for humans, I just don't see it.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The clones' growth acceleration would mean there's no way they could live that long.

As much as I would like to see Ventress, Bo-Katan or Mother Talzin, I think they'd be too old.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They already announced Rex's appearance:
    [​IMG]

12. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Let's see:
    Darth Maul- No
    Ahsoka Tano- Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Asajj Ventress- Yeah, no
    Captain Rex- What?
    Cad Bane- No
    Hondo Ohnaka- No
    Mother Talzin- Noooooooooooo!!!!!
    Aurra Sing- No
    Embo- Not even close
    Sugi- No
    Bo-Katan- No
    Clone Commando Gregor- (facepalm)
    Admiral Trench-No
    The Younglings-
    [​IMG]

13. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, Admiral Ackbar, Anakin (Force Ghost), Obi-Wan (Force Ghost), Yoda (Force Ghost), Qui-Gon (Force Ghost)...

spicer and CaptainRegor like this.
  14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Any of those characters* in one of the 'spin offs' - for the ST, no.

*I meant from the Clone Wars era.

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think this pretty much sums it up, no? Tano is roughly 15-20 years older than Luke and Leia, so, I mean, is there a need for an 80 year old Ahsoka Tano in what is largely predicted to be a tale of 'passing the torch' to a new generation? Why? I mean, to what end? A fundamental question to ask of any character is what role would he or she fill in the story? As StoneRiver has been pointed out, Luke will already play the role of the aging and wise Jedi Master.

Ahsoka's a character who has grown on me over the five years of the vehicle she played a starring role in, but let's face it, she's been given more than her fair shake already. The Clone Wars series was her story. I could see possibly telling more of her story in a 'Dark Times' era production (although not in a leading role - there are just so many other, more impoprtant, storylines to focus on during this era), but by the time of the ST? The only thing I think that wouldn't have me rolling my eyes to the heavens would be a role akin to the (non-Mace and Yoda) Masters on the High Jedi Council in Episode I. Even this might be a bit much for me, still.

This is not to pick on Ahsoka, either. In my opinion, the same applies to nearly any character who were in their prime during the Clone Wars, in general. It's simply been too many years since the end of the Clone War. In a sense, this is a shame, as there are many great characters from this era who I would love to see more of, but the best news of all is that we can celebrate the fact that we will soon be treated to a whole new generation of Star Wars greats.

That said, given her exceedingly long lifespan, there is one character from the era who could still be considered viable in this time period: Aurra Sing.

Oh, and finally (and I've said it before), good God, please let us see Maul's head on a pike before he somehow manages to pop up in these new films. I mean, just talk about a laughably bad notion (which still stays with me as a terrifying - if remote - possibility).

edit: I forgot to mention that, given her mysterious, Force-like (Force-fueled?) powers, I suppose Talzin wouldn't be entirely out of the ralm of possibility. That said, she doesn't exactly scream "name recognition," and it would probably just be easier to create a new, powerful female villain, right?

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The main crew is adding a third droid companion. His name is WAC-47.

klooney likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

eht13 and TreborSabreon like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hondo Ohnaka!

InterestingLurker likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I should add that the non-EU lifespan for any species (including humans within Star Wars) besides Yoda's is unknown, and even his lifespan could have a non-species explanation.

20. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Before Maul appeared in the CW, he returned in a Star Wars Infinities comic only to die. The comic was set only a couple of years before ANH. The design of the robotic legs, chest tattoos and horns were identical in CW and in the comic. In my view, the appearance (both meanings) of Maul in CW does promote the comic to semi-canon status.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    How would that work, they don't even know each other

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You're certainly gracious. "They don't even know each other" is diplomatic compared to pointing out that Rex would look like the Crypt Keeper by the time Luke would visit him 65 years after the battle of Yavin.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying (and I think that's a neat connection, too), but there is the issue of Maul's legs in the comic reverting back to their original (pre-Death Watch upgrade) robotic form. I mean, if Maul has a better pair of legs after the Mandalor affair, why go backwards? If we're not given a canon depiction of Maul's final demise occurring at some point prior to his Tatooine adventure, than this is the only sticking point, for me. Silly, maybe, but it does stick out to me.

That said, now that Maul's resurrection is complete, if Old Wounds ends up being considered canon, too, that's okay with me. Owen gets himself an important moment in protecting his family and Maul won't ever even sniff the ST. Sounds like win/win to me. ;)

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Who cares?! Such thoughts need not apply.

The important thing is, fans know and like them both, therefore they should be put together!

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Rex knew Luke's father.