main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    that contradict each other

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    So much of the idea that "Disney is focusing on the sequel era" has been propagated by worried fans, based on a single sentence or two in Disney's various press releases. I won't deny that the vibe is there, but press releases are tricky to interpret.

But in truth, they said they're focusing their resources on the sequel trilogy. That doesn't indicate a content focus; it simply means staff and money... which, on a film, has very little crossover with the early development team of a new show. It's cheap to develop TV in the beginning, and it uses personnel who aren't involved with the film. Now, it would draw focus if they were going to release that show before VII comes out... but that's unlikely, if it's anywhere near the scale of TCW. Anyway, if they're developing the show now, how do you expect them to tie it in with a film which doesn't even have a completed script yet? The fact is, it has never been explicitly stated that all creative energies would be focused on the sequel era... simply that LFL resources would be focused there.

Of course, I think the content drought is a bad idea, but I also think it's just a means to an end for Lucasfilm; they probably realize that they don't have the quality control to try and produce stuff in the immediate wake of their restructuring. We might very well get some crap, if they tried to keep churning out content under a management team which hasn't yet settled in.

3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Another point: Disney knows everybody's gonna see the sequel trilogy. It's the spinoffs they're not sure about. So, if they're trying to firm up the numbers for anything... it's the spinoffs.

BOOM. :cool:

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. VMeran

VMeran Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Actually it should say "Los Tiempos Oscuros son muy fantásticos". :p

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    if some of these spin off movie rumors come true then we will see other SW eras than the ST. I've heard rumors Yoda, Boba Fett, Maul, Obi-wan, and Great Grandma Lars are getting movies. A movie about Yoda on Degobah would be boring as hell so I think something about him would take place before the OT. Boba Fett seems like he would have been most interesting in the dark times when he was still up and coming. Maul I'd hope isn't around for the ST and if Obi-wan is there its Darktimes again.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Can Filoni not direct the new series? Please.

7. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    If this series is set in The Dark Times, I am sure Filoni will find a way to make Plo Koon survive, and shoehorn him in there.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Fixed.

But you're probably right about Plo.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  9. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Plot twist: Turns out Koon survived the crash and repaired his body with cybernetics.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Cool?

TreborSabreon and CT-867-5309 like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I actually assumed that Ahsoka runs into Darth Plagueis' lab and discovers the secret to stopping death, then Anakin/Vader finds her and tries to get the secret out of her, killing her in the process.

12. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    thats kinda what i meant

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Really? Thats a interesting idea. I could see it. It would humorous to see Ashoka discover the secret over anyone else.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Fixed.

But yeah, I could see it. [face_plain]

15. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yes headesk-worthy indeed. Nothing against Ashoka, but if that were to certainly happen looks like the Jedi where wrong about who The Chosen One was...[face_plain]

16. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Plageuis lab was destroyed and he only just escaped

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Slagged it into glass, dropped a nuke on it or something akin to it iirc.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well said. That's why I like him so much. I had no idea who he was before the show (I don't think anyone did!), but his passion has really grown on me over the past 6 years.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Nice reference [face_laugh]

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Pretty sure he already tried, only to be shot down by George [face_laugh]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    But this is Star Wars. The lab will be resurrected from the dead.

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    And the lab, in turn, will be used to resurrect the dead. The circle will be complete.

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    My head hurts from reading this.

24. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
  25. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    While it's a rumor, I think it sounds more plausible (and somewhat more interesting) than a Dark Times series as it was said the new series would take place in a time period "previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming".

TreborSabreon likes this.