main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi to All from Scotland

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Qwall, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Qwall

Qwall Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    Just joined after looking for some time. I have always enjoyed Star Wars since its first showing back in the 70's. Infact I love scifi full stop but SW is top of the tree!!!!!!!!!

So again a big Hi to all from my part of Scotland.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Qwall: Failte Nua Duine. Welcome, fellow Celt. We are glad you opted to stop creepin' on our activity and decided to join in. Get involved, have a good time, and if you run into any issues, this is your tech support thread. Here if you need anything.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Quwall! :)

So long have you been a SW fan already? That's a long time! Is this your first SW forum or had you been active at another one before?

In case you like to meet other SW fans from your area, take a look at your local FanForce (FF). It seems to be a slow board, but nevertheless it's worth to post an "hi" there, so people know that there's another one from your corner of the world. Maybe it's also good to visit http://boards.theforce.net/forums/uk-regional-forum.10027/]FF[/url] UK Regional Board. It's the general one for the whole UK. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! Where in Scotland are you from, if you don't mind my asking? I visited Edinburgh and the Highlands once and loved it [face_love]

If you're a scifi fan, you should pop into Community: Amph and check out or book, comic, and movie threads!

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last year, I went hiking in Scotland. I walked the Great Glen Way.

6. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    :) Welcome aboard Qwall, it's great to have you up here on top of the tree!!

7. Qwall

Qwall Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    Thanks for your welcomes,it's great. I live up in the Orkney's - off the NE coast, lovely set of isles. I belong to a couple of other fantasy/scifi forums but this is the first SW!:D

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Never been to Scottland myself yet, so I don't know where Orkney is, but islands are always nice (although I prefer them with lots of sunshine and warm weather ;) ). :)

9. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Hello and welcome!

You should check our the Star Wars film boards. :)
    Are you an EU fan as well?

Anyway, glad to have you with us, and good luck!

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to the Boards.

Hope you enjoy your time with us.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hello and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here :)

12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Halò! Okey, I'm not from Scotland, but I love that country a lot.

Welcome to JCF, Qwall! I hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

13. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    A big hello to you all from Aberdeen, a long time Star Wars fan having seen A New Hope when I was 7 in the US on the day after it was originally released and the other two OT movies the day they were released in the UK. I'm rather indifferent to the prequels, they're not the way I personally would have wrote them (I wrote outlines to Eps 1, 2 and 3 when I was about 18 and they were a lot more exciting than the ones that were made!) but they have good bits and (mostly) bad bits.

14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Halò! Welcome to JCF! :)

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!

PT is really "problemtic": either you love it or you hate it or you can never decide. :p

But I hope that you can decide to find this forum attractiv. ;)

See you around! :)

16. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    A big thank you to Skiara and Jedi Master Kenobiwan for the welcome to the forum, It'll be good to share and discuss all aspects of my love of the Star Wars universe with like minded people and hopefully make some new freinds along the way.

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The longer you stay the more friends you'll find. You will see! Just don't miss to check your local FanForce - then you might even get a chance to meet online friends in RL, which is much fun - I can tell you. ;) :)