main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Has Ruined the Villians

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Embo- Not affiliated with the real villians, the CIS.
    Bossk- Should never have beem in the Clone Wars, since he was in Episode V.
    General Kalani- Not in the movies? I don't care.
    Admiral Trench- Better commander than General Grievous, the main villian. That isn't good.

2. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I doubt you have read any of these "stupid novels."

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I know it's kind of an arbitrary distinction on my part, but I didn't mind Tamson being a shark-man, but I hated Trench for being tarantula-man. I did not like his design and his clicking noises, which were only moderately less annoying than Boss Nass'... well... whatever the hell that drooling shake he did was supposed to be.

I still think they needed to commit to either more organic generals or go strictly with the droid route. I can't remember which source suggested that the TF favored droids because of their obsession with control (I thought Lucas said that somewhere), but if that's true, then tactical droids make more sense. Characters like Tuuk and Durd also make some sense at least in that, while they are not droids, they are still under the thumb of the TF. If the Banking Clan, Commerce Guild, Techno Union, etc. had their own representative commanders, that would be OK too. But in the case of Loathsom, Tamson and Trench, they don't really fit that scheme.

So conversely, if the commerce guilds are OK with having commanders not directly under their thumb in the form of droids or members of their organizations - and these commanders like Tamson and Trench prove to be more competent than their droid counterparts - then why use tactical droids at all?

Grievous was the villain I thought that was destroyed the most by TCW. Dooku I wouldn't say was ruined, but I was still very much disappointed that we never got anything more nuanced development for him and instead he was just the villain that sat in his hideout, rubbing his hands together deviously.

4. 13thsithlord

13thsithlord Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    tcw has ruined the villians ?

yes.yes it has, it ruined others things too... but sticking with this thread.
    totally agree that dooku and anakin shouldnt meet also gg and the big two also shouldnt meet.

they should have made the clone wars more about other jedi and minimised the obi and anakin input.

dooku should have been more in the background and gg needed to be more dangerous

i hate the changes to ventress - dark horse got carried away with the obession comics but other than that were brilliant.

durge - did suck all along but scaled back he had great visual presence

oppress - a clone maul but had potential

maul - he died on naboo and bringing him back was pointless and crass ~(bit like jason todd~)

boba fett - not sure i like what they did with him either...

as you tell im not a big of tcw

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  5. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I agree with your post. I think people need to stop taking George Lucas' word seriously anymore. He frequently changes his mind to make more money. That is whyI have proposed that 2008-2014 Star Wars material be deemed non-canon.

6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Ventress is handled well, but she's no longer a villain later.

7. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I know the reason why the villians suck too. It's a children's show, so the villians are never allowed to win. But this discards established canon, and makes the Clone Wars mentioned in ANH seem like the Ewoks cartoon.

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The Ewoks cartoon was actually a decent show.

Also, the Clone Wars isn't a kid's show.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  9. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I love it, it is much better than TCW.

10. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Better than the micro-series, yes.

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    CW is the best SW cartoon series.

12. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    No matter how much you don't want to admit it, TCW is indeed a kid's show.

07jonesj likes this.
  13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I would argue with you on that, but knowing you, you'd probably repeat the same tried arguments over and over again until I get tired, so I won't even bother. ;)

14. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    IGN also put it above TCW.

16. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I have a pretty low opinion of IGN so I don't really care for what they think.

17. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    It is on Cartoon Network!

18. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I don't see the show's channel as an indicator of its maturity. In addition, CN has had many shows for all ages in the past. If you want a real kid's show, look at the Ewoks cartoon.

Seerow likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The Ewoks cartoon was not a kid's show, it had graphic violence and dealt with some very mature themes that kids couldn't possibly get. Kids could still enjoy it, but the content was meant for adults.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Did the Ewoks eat people in the cartoon?

21. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    That scene also bothered me. Up until that point, he was actually a serious threat, and on par with what the movie showed.

Personally, I like when the show expands upon characters who didn't get a lot of screen time in the movies. The Separatists definately should've been included in this, though.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He has great fear of his master, what really bothered me is his affection of his brother.

He was trained to be a Sith since he was an infant by Sidious, he never met Savage until the end of season 4, why would he have such strong affection when Savage was killed?

23. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    That just seemed like an excuse to get him angry and utilize his rage in battle. To me, that still fits under his Sith persona.

24. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    To be fair, you could say the same thing about Vader & Luke.

QuangoFett likes this.
  25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Vader was not trained to be Sith since his childhood, he knew love very well, and his downfall was partly caused by his love.

Maul is totally different, he was raised by Palpatine as a Sith assassin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.