main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, eh, interesting circumstance there but okay. And it wasn't reality manipulation, it was a mental illusion.

Don't worry, I understand my stubbornness.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I was expecting a tirade insulting my mother and my hair.

Wrestlemania must have you in a good mood, Yak.

3. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Nah, just trying to have fun with this instead of stressing over it.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm glad you feel that way. But I'm still going to need those chicken nuggets. Got to feed LaTrell Sprewell's kids.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  5. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    As well as Mark Henry's.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yak, what do you think about Carrie Kelley possibly taking over as Robin? I know of your DC distaste, but I guess this is a big deal.

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Who the heck is Carrie Kelley?

8. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The new Robin, apparently. She was in the recent The Dark Knight Returns movies. I take it you're not familiar.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Nope. Not in the least. The new Robin in comics? In some movie?

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    She was introduced in those films, and is now likely taking the place of Damian Wayne. Don't believe it's been 100% confirmed, but is heavily assumed.

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow. I've seen all 3 and still have no idea who you mean.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    There were 2. Dark Knight Returns, animated, based on Frank Miller graphic novel.

Not Christian Bale.

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
  15. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Anyone watch Prometheus? It is on HBO and I am recording it, just not sure if I am going to watch it though.

Also, hoping Louisville loses. If they do I come in second in my bracket and get my $5 back, if they win I get nada.

EDIT: Oh, also picked up Thanos Rising #1 today. Will probably read it tonight, hopefully it is as good as it sounded.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm watching Prometheus on HBO right now- first time I've seen it.

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Any good?

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Its intense so far, about an hour to go. Its a little weird too, but I have never seen any of the Alien films, and this takes place in that universe, I believe. I'd recommend if you're up for a thought-provoking thriller.

Alien, Ghostbusters, Back To The Future- all supposedly great franchises that I've never gotten to watch. I'm probably missing out.

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Do yourself a favor and watch BTTF at your earliest possible time. One of about two perfect trilogies ever made.

Juliet316 and Mikaboshi like this.
  20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    You've never seen Ghostbusters or Back to the Future? After the original Ghostbusters don't bother, but you must watch all 3 Back to the Future films. You must do this now.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Cool, thanks. Prometheus just ended, solid 8/10, cool ending too.

While we're at it, I also haven't seen any of the HP, Mad Max, Terminator, or Matrix films. Those up there with BTTF or worth waiting on?

And to keep some semblance of on topic, I just read that all 18k first edition copies of B&R 19 have sold out in less than 24 hrs, that will be Carrie's reveal as Robin. That's impressive.

22. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    What the hell.

Harry Potter is worth watching, good set of movies all around.
    Mad Max, not bad. A bit dated, but really fun.
    Terminator, liked the second one better than the first but you wouldn't be let down if you watched all 3. Good fun.
    Matrix, the first one was amazing....3rd as well. 2nd was a bit meh, but it was still good.

You really need to take a weekend or two and knock those out, you wouldn't regret it.

Thanks for the Prometheus review, looks like I will be staying up for a movie.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Go watch the Terminator films and the first Matrix film. NOW!

heels1785 and Mikaboshi like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Sounds like a plan. Let me know what you think- Fassbender is awesome as the android David, prolly best acting in the film.

Off to watch some movies, it looks like. Hope to get some new matches up for everyone tomorrow, appreciate the patience.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  25. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Will do. Looking forward to check it out now.