main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Excited more for prequels or sequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 1, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Stay on here as long as me and you will hone lighting reflexes in response to crazy posting.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, you admit your purpose is to bait people. Good to have this on record.

3. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
  4. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    I'm holding out hope that what has been ruined can be saved.

No baiting involved, I do not hide my disdain for how wrong the PT went, and I also am not shy about pointing out its flaws especially to people who are too blind to consider they even exist.

Also note this thread is NOT in the Prequel area, so [face_shame_on_you]

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  6. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    :cool: *as blind as Ray Charles*

7. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    In terms of story, I wouldn't mind either prequels or sequels so long as the sequels were set well outside the Han/Leia/Luke era. That story is over and done, and I have no interest in "The Adventures of Geriatric Former Rebels".

I'd prefer prequels. I think the Old Republic game era would make for an outstanding trilogy (or more). Both the Jedi AND the Sith at the height of their powers.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    As much as I love the OT (and I love it dearly) if it wasn't for the PT then I probably wouldn't be as interested in Star Wars as I am today. The PT just filled in the OT and made it so much more richer than it was before. I eagerly anticipated each prequel film and loved every second of it. I loved the wait between each one, the spoilers, the build-up, and finally the moment where I got to sit in the theater and watch everything I had been following for three years come together on screen. There was nothing like it. I can't say if the ST will match it because it is just too early for me but I will say I'm looking forward to the ride again! :D

9. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I think my excitement was higher for the PT, at least for TPM and AotC. By RotS, I had learned my lesson. The PT was just not good. With the ST, I'm hopeful more than anything else. On paper, the franchise has good people in charge of it now. Whether that results in a quality product remains to be seen, but the potential is there.

10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This is me as well... I was at that perfect age where I became interested in movies right in between the OT and PT. and the release of the Phantom Menace was what really started me as the Star Wars fan I am today...although I didn't really think to follow the forums and Everything until after AOTC came out, The anticipation for three years for ROTS was definitely an enjoyable experience I agree!

I think that it may be different this time around though, because we won't have to wait for three years for the next Star Wars movie to come out-if it's going to be anything like they say it will, we will get a Star Wars movie every year!

How wonderful will that be!!??

11. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I'm excited about the fact that we will NOT know any of the future outcomes of any of the characters until Episode IX. Will any of the Big 3 live on? What of the main cast?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Defiantly the Sequel Trilogy. The thoughts of the prequels/standalones don't excite me as much.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Defiantly? Don't you mean definitely? Ha ha lol

14. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    She stands defiant! Fists on hips

15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I wasn't around for the prequels so I can't say I was excited for them. I'm really excited for the sequels but the amount of worries and "Oh god it could end up this way" I have is freaking off the charts

16. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    You'll give yourself a nervous breakdown at this rate! Lo,

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    With the prequels we knew how they would end. Anakin would become Darth Vader, The Jedi and Old Republic would be wiped out, Padme and the Separatists would die, Luke and Leia would be born but we didn't know how everything happened. Finding that out was fun but I want to see what happens to the Empire, the Big 3, the rest of the rebels, the Jedi and the rest of the galaxy. Anything goes.

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    My body is saving its nervous breakdown for the first new castings, photos and eventual reviews. Since I start to freak out with worry that what I anticipate will suck. I dont handle disappointment well :)

19. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    You'll be seriously ill in hospital on release day then! Your gonna miss all the fun!!!

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    We'll all be insane on opening day so I'll fit in ;)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Ill be acting all cool, calm and collected walking into the cinema, getting my drink and munches. Yeah it's just another film. And then running as if my life depended on it to the screen room it's showing on! :)

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    ^^ [face_laugh] Yeah, I'm not even gonna try to pretend not to be excited!

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, there is no way I'll be able to hold in my excitement on opening day! The second I buy my ticket I'll be running at full speed into the theater to find the best seat I can get and sitting on the edge of it until the credits are over! :D

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I have the exact same completely irrational and immature expectation for the sequels as held by a majority for the prequels. It had better be my vision from when I was 7 years old. It shouldn't even have actors. It should be filmed in stop motion animation using my personal collection of Kenner figures just like I mapped it all out. And it needs to be filmed on the log in the back yard of my childhood home where all of my insightful, well-concieved adventures took place. And, all of the villains need to be repurposed figures of background characters. Bespin Snaggletooth with a lightsabre should be the primary villain or they have failed me.

Jcuk and Jedi_Matt like this.
  25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I was more excited for the prequels. But only because it was such a wait between SW films. We didn't have to wait as long this time out.