main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm fine with imagining Ahsoka survived the war and the purge then dies a lonely death exiled and in hiding on some backwater planet feeling endless regret for leaving and some personal responsibility for Anakin's fall and the pain he causes.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I don't see how she wouldn't confront him. She may operate under the same thought that Luke had, that Anakin could be saved.
    Which of course would inevitably lead to a confrontation. She really cares about Anakin, looks up to him.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As I said...just no.

Let her never find out that Vader is Anakin. But I don't want her to take away from what Luke did, or for that matter, what Obi-Wan did, in taking responsible for Anakin's fall.

Let Luke and Obi-Wan have their roles, without being usurped by The Ultimate Snips.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think it would matter much if Ahsoka found out Vader was Anakin. She obviously isn't going to turn him back unless its in some alternate reality. Ahsoka would just die in the process without any real effect on either Luke or Vader's future roles.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My issue with that would be her learning that Vader is Anakin before Obi-Wan learned that Anakin survived.

But I could sort of see Vader trying to recruit her. "Remember those Jedi that didn't trust you? They're gone."

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think it would take more than an encounter for Ahsoka to simply feel Vader is Anakin. He might even tell her before killing her. Ahsoka is to much of a goody for him to brother with turning. A meet would just be fatal of Ahsoka. There would be no harm to Obi-wan's role in the future. No one of any relevance would probably ever know of Ahsoka's fate but Vader and us. I don't think we have to worry about hearing of Ahsoka for a long time. If Filoni said word of god she survives it doesn't sound like any media is set to to handle that. Personally I think Ahsoka is a character been set aside for considering some futute spinoff movie.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I wish the show would have made Ahsoka a little darker, as opposed to, as you said, too much of a goody for Vader to consider turning. The cocky Ahsoka who got put on library duty for disobeying orders was a better character.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Turning Ahsoka is a piece of cake. The last episodes showed her basically having a mental breakdown. It would be easy enough to make her use the force while in a state of intense anger. Then throw a couple of hapless stormtroopers in her path and suddenly she is Sith.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You know what, I actually want him to succeed. They can first try to convert each other (fun!) and then when an especially good opportunity pops up he succeeds and the audience is like Wait, what? I didn't see that coming! Then she is his little Dark Jedi (like Ventress) for a couple episodes and he treats her both like a Sith master but also a little bit fatherly before she sees the error of her ways and dies while rescuing some friends of hers or rebels or whatever.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, that's it, I want you to write the Dark Times series.

That storyline would be really awesome, but I can't see Filoni allowing it since it would involve Ahsoka not being perfect.

11. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I smell hate. Managerial Hate, Sith-wanna-be hate, good-guy hate, Ahsoka-hate. Hate is strong with you guys, but wHATEver. Ahsoka lives on, is destined to stay a main character, and there is nothing all the hate in the universe can do to change that. Keep hating, haters.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I smell "hater"-hate. I smell "people who hate what I like" hate.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, the toddler-worldview is strong with this one.

14. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    As much as I love my Ahsoka becomes a stripper theory, I agree. This idea sounds good. I do really like the idea of suited Vader confronting Ahsoka.

Though, I don't need her to learn the truth perse. At least not until the very end, when she's run through with a lightsaber and dying.

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Imo there is too much dramatic potential involved to have her not find out about it. She would appeal to his humanity, and - devastatingly - find out that there is non left (or so she thinks). We, the audience then could be treated to subtle hints that he does care about her. But limit it to hints. I don't want to see any typical fanfiction plot where Vader turns softy all of the sudden. Keep it mysterious!

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  16. SithLord_1270

Nov 5, 2008
    Exactly

17. SithLord_1270

Nov 5, 2008
    Hmmm...interesting. But no, I'd rather see her try to turn him only to end up on the business end of his lightsaber. :)

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Vader usually tries to avoid killing those he cares about. He only choked Padmé because he lost control. Also note that on Mustafar Obi-Wan draws his weapon first.

Someone like Ahsoka he'd rather corrupt than kill. Sure, he can kill her if necessary, but he'll only do it if he has no other option...

19. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    This is what I believe as well, he would rather try to justify to himself, that turning to the dark side was the best choice he made, by turning Ahsoka as well. He also has the same Sith motivations to train his own apprentice and kill Sidious so he can rule. When Padme refused his offer to rule together, it would only be natural for him to make the same offer again to Ahsoka, just as he later does to Luke. Only in such an attempt to turn her to the dark side would Ahsoka finally give up hope that he is the Anakin she remembers and cares for. Then she is either let go, intentionally, yet subtly by Vader or escapes, to end up in hiding much like Yoda and Obi-wan.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Not sure if Ahsoka is suited for Sith Lord and in that time period Vader is inexperienced when it comes to the dark side. He's not ready to challenge Palpatine. First he has to absorb all the dark side knowledge he can offer him.
    Ahsoka could become a dark jedi like Ventress, making her a real Sith apprentice would be a bit much.

21. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I wasn't suggesting Vader would be successful by any means, I was suggesting that she would never turn to the dark side. So he would be forced to let her go, or kill her. She would be forced to fight him to the death or escape and go into hiding.

[​IMG]

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why wouldn't she?

She left the order because she was treated badly by those she considers family. She witnessed the members of that family killed. Her own master turned to the dark side. The republic has been replaced by the empire. Everything and everyone she believed in was killed or destroyed. She must be in a state of great vulnerability.

And Vader in OT is shown as a superb manipulator capable of goading almost pure good Luke Skywalker into a homicidal rage in ROTJ and breaking his resolve in TESB.

23. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    It's her very core beliefs that lead her into questioning the role of the Jedi Order in the Clone Wars. It was her very core beliefs that lead her to walk away, not out of anger, or vulnerability, but out of strength in her beliefs. Her convictions about what is right and wrong, i.e. her ethics, are not only based on Jedi precepts, her dedication to her ethics is also innate to all Togruta, as it has been said that "their fidelity to their beliefs is legendary". Finally, Ahsoka represents a character that, much like Anakin, is not motivated by pure reason alone, yet by a combination of emotion and thought not seen in many of the other Jedi. It would go against her character as much as it would have gone against Luke's character for him to turn to the dark side. I don't think it would ever happen. Although regretful, she walked away in strength, not anger.

[​IMG]

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Beliefs can be twisted, shaken, corrupted, you name it, and the Sith are experts for that kind of thing. I mean, just look at Dooku. He also did what he thought was right and still fell to the dark side.

Having her fall and redeem herself is also imo a much better story than just have her remain righteous till the end and then be killed in heroic sacrifice like all these other stupid Jedi Vader kills during the purge. Ahsoka should get something better than the clichéd "last heroic stand" tale.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with Darth_Pevra here. There is no reason that Ahsoka would "never" turn. Hell, even Luke, the biggest goody-two-shoes in Star Wars, came close to turning.

And while I won't argue that we weren't supposed to take from The Wrong Jedi the sense that Ahsoka left because she had suddenly become too good for the Jedi, I found that angle unbelievably annoying. As I see it, she saw herself as too perfect to forgive the Jedi for their mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.