main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Number Kriffing One, Baby: Prisoner of the Floating World

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Allana could have more than one kid.

Also, her father/mother could be like Cade, unfortunate circumstances forcing them into a life of exile. (Perhaps another family took control of the Hapan throne).

Or perhaps they just wanted to escape from it all, and try to live a normal life.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So when should we expect C-3PO to come back?

3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Just picked it up. Can't wait to read it!

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Sorry for double post, but just finished reading...

Thought it was great. Can't wait to see whats in store for these characters. Curious about what the "Sith plot" will be, this time around.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  5. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I enjoyed the book, but it didn't quite seem to hook me the way I had hoped it would. It's not in danger of a drop, but it's not in my top 5 books I'm reading at the moment.

6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Got this 24 hours ago. Still have not read it but will read it very soon! Probably today.

7. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    You will enjoy it....cant wait for #2

8. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Is anybody going to post spoilers? (Or have they been posted already?)
    It is extremely difficult for me to get comics.

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Three generations is a long time. Fortunes can be lost, stolen, gained, or forsaken very quickly.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Look earlier in the thread. Though not much was revealed, that we didn't learn from previews. Just stuff on the Floating World, and confirmation that the "Imperial Knight" that lands on the planet is indeed a Sith impostor.

thesevegetables likes this.
  11. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I've read the first issue twice, really enjoyed it. I'm defiantly interested in seeing Allana meeting Empress Fel!

12. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I thought it was a meh issue.

I really did not like the Sith Apprentice stabbing his master through the chest JUST so he could proclaim himself master. I mean really...was that necessary? Why do writers insist on continuing to portray Sith as brain damaged morons?

Anyhow, when is Darth Talon going to come back?

BoromirsFan likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Because they are?

14. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    No need to be defiant about it. I'm sure many of us would like to see that meeting, ;)

WMIRTUTSF likes this.
  15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I am not sure it would be that exciting. I mean figure she would be like Cade and really not give a d***

16. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Yeah, most Sith are Sith-in-name-only. The vast majority within Sith Empires as portrayed in KOTOR/TOR/Legacy are little more than armed thugs given a cool title and name. They're little better than most Dark Jedi or Dark Side Adepts Dooku and Sidious were fond of using.

17. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm hoping your being heavily sarcastic

18. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I agree with him though. Darth Scaborus? I don't care if I spelled his name wrong. All those TOR sith? disgraceful generic Sith with only a few shining stars.

the KOTOR sith of Malak, Revan, Sion, Traya and Nihilus were each distinctive and memorable. They are also visually dynamic and opposites to each other.

At first I thought Legacy was sacrilege with their whole sith maul copies. Their underlings are crap, but Talon, Nihl, Krayt and different looking and are interesting characters. Wrylock and Maladi are generic looking but they too have moments that justify their existence. Legacy proved most people wrong in this aspect.

I won't say much about TOR because there isn't much to be said. Everyone knows ;D

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I disagree

20. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Kind of OT but...

Did Cade and Marasiah know they were distant cousins?

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You seem to have a fixation on these familial relationships, lol. :p

22. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    After being a huge fan of John and Jan's run on Legacy I was somewhat disappointed by this issue. BUT the second issue is really good.

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I just saw that the numbers for March 2013 sales were up. Legacy Vol.2 did 21,600 copies. Not as high as I was hoping. Definitely alot less than the debut of the original Legacy. Brian Wood's Star Wars, on the other hand, did double the sales in March.

Thoughts?

--Adm. Nick

24. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    The Big 3 sell and retailers know it. Now if John and Jan would have been doing Legacy again I think that would have out sold Star Wars. But that as more to do with the team doing it.

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I finally got around to picking this up and I enjoyed it! I missed the whole original Legacy series despite some summaries I read on Wookieepedia back around 2008 (I plan on picking up those hardcover collections!). I feel at a disadvantage due to not reading the previous series but it was still enjoyable.