main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I haven't seen practically any of those so-called classic movies lol.

2. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    I beg to differ. Prometheus is one of this modern thrillers that ask 10x the questions they answer. Too much is open ended, motives aren't apparent, character development is basically none existent, and they use too many plot devices with no back story or reasons. The other alien films are much better.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I haven't seen any of the Alien films, so you may be right, I approached it purely as a standalone film.

On a side note, aren't they making a Prometheus 2? May answer some questions.

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I believe they are making a sequel.

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Prometheus is ok if you are looking for something entertaining and sci-fi. It totally lacks the suspense and creepy/ scary feel from Alien or Aliens, plus if you are a fan of the original and were expecting some kind of explanation or things to make sense then... it's pretty bad. I mean things just didn't jive in that flick at all, first watch through i was seeing editing and logic errors later research proved I wasn't alone.

So about those comics book characters and their draft of sorts... heels kicked us off, the other two wanna just come in agree to keep it par for the course?

Hokage_Kalar likes this.
  6. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Agree

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Damn, I was hoping for some of the suspense that Alien gave us. Oh well, still going to have to give it a try. Didn't get around to it last night.

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah you won't find it there. I mean there is some, little bits, but nothing like the old movies (then again nothing nowadays gives me that feeling anymore) But yeah it felt like a let down to me personally. You keep waiting and waiting and then waiting more and you think it's there then it ends and you're like ok I'm sleepy. Definitely watch it, I don't mean to tell you not to I am interested to hear your opinion, just wasn't what I was hoping for.

I don't even remember what the matches were this number that was called. :(

9. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i agree with heels on everything but the strange vs. sentry match. i thought that doctor strange would win.

10. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Sorry, was on my mobile all weekend, and I wasn't about to type up judgments on that. Anyways, maxle just made my job a tad easier, but I agreed with the others anyway.

Well... I'm going with Sentry. Yeah, this may ruffle some more feathers, but I'm sticking by my earlier assessment of Strange. And that's even with me going back over a bunch of his scans, which actually did make me almost reconsider him against that trump. Almost, but I stand by it, if only just. Inty's hyperbole comment was pretty spot on, IMO. And don't get me wrong, I don't think for a second that Strange is somehow helpless without prep, but I also refreshed myself on some MM and WW scans as well, and yeah... ton of disrespect being thrown their way by some. It's not as though they each don't have some absolutely obscene feats of their own, most of which weren't even brought up in the arguments.

But this isn't about them. I was originally leaning Strange on this one (again, if only just) based mostly on me thinking that he was good enough to possibly subdue Sentry mentally. But I hadn't seen the scans that heels posted. That swayed me just enough. Not saying that there aren't other ways that Strange could potentially take out Sentry, and yeah, it's damn near 50/50, but I have to lean Sentry with both of them being unprepped.

Commence the flinging of poo.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Matches nueva!

Number...6! Riverdale!

Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure (0) Vs. Mad Men (1)
    Ill Will Hunting (0) Vs. Blowhard Busters (1)
    There Will Be Order (1) Vs. The Yak's Inferno (0)
    Mikaboshi's Heartbreak (0) Vs. The Green Marvels (1)

Doomsday vs. Apocalypse trumped with Mr. Sinister
    Hourman (prep) vs. Quasar
    Atrocitus trumped with QzTr vs. Juggernaut
    Black Bolt vs. Hal Jordan trumped with Nova

Not the best matchups, but one or two arguable ones. Go!

12. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    which are the arguable ones?

13. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Even with stopping time, I don't think hourman can beat Quasar, nor do I think Quasar would be affected since he can also limit time manipulation powers, energy absorption, reality manipulation, teleportation, and time travel. And with a name like Hourman, I'd assume he'd guess this guy is probably a time hopper...

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Interesting 1st match there... I don't know enough about the 2nd. Black Bolt loses. Atrocitus isn't doing anything to Juggernaut so it depends on what Qztyehieure can do. Basically if he has telepathy or can drain magic for a good period of time lol.

I think that 1st match might earn a theatre.

whiteeagle and heels1785 like this.
  15. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Well, would the ring tell atrocitus to remove the helmet? If so QZTR definitely has enough TP to stop Jug. But once again, they have to take the helmet off. Would they ever figure that out? That's only way I'd see the trump winning.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Man am I glad I trumped Rich. Just Black Bolt vs. Nova would be close even with Nova being at his peak. But add in Hal and I do believe Black Bolt's done. I'll go scan hunting shortly.

17. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Don't think that is necessary, the trump should win easily.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't know what the ring would tell him honestly. The green ring would, and I would guess the yellow, but they all operate differently.
    If Qz tried TP and was like "it's not working" I could easily see Juggs just going on about how the helmet protects him from it. Unless he felt that had a good chance of getting it off. Iono.

19. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Juggs does boast about his helmet like an idiot, but I doubt he would tell them. They'd have to figure it out. And atro isn't just going to pummel juggs and accidentally knock it off. It's either the ring tells him or they lose imho. But doesn't atrocitus have some sort of clairvoyance or shamanistic powers?

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah he does, but usually that requires a spell or sacrifice or something. But they would last a very long time. At least Atro would, I have no idea about Qz. All depends on the helmet to me.

21. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Agreed.
    You don't have to, your trump should safely win that fight. I would argue if it was just one or the other, but against both he probably wouldn't win.

I can look at scans for Black Bolt later, but doubt I would find anything that would lead me to believe that he could win here.

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well feel free to judge if you want my friends but if I can get back from family day and my doctors appointment I plan on posting some QzTr stuff up for sure. I have been working on stuff for him and since this is a real match and not 19 forfeits I can actually post some respect for my guys!

23. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Anybody going to check out this Batman: Zero Year stuff?

24. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Only if Qztr and Atro were prepped, they'd be a dangerous combo. From what I've read, QZTR is a beast... Still all that being said, between the two of them, they'd have to realize quickly that physical damage isn't working, telepathy isn't working, I'd have to think Atrocitus would use something to find his weakness. Because the Juggernaut is cocky about his "invicibility" and quickly let them know that they don't phase him at least.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Why in the hell is Sinister not prepped? Seriously? With what you get with prep, there's no point in playing Sinister if you're not going to prep him.

With prep? Him and fat lips make this a hell of a fight and, I think, take it from Doomsday.

Without it, I don't see it happening for the trump.

Doomsday is like a billion tables capable of moving on their own. That more than takes out Fat Lips. From there, Sinister is just a matter of time.

No, but seriously. Doomsday's got this. He's taken down much more massive trumps than this. Like a Plastic Man + Kyle Rayner + Orion + Wonder Woman + Martian Manhunter trump.