main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    http://www.daveseeley.com/p249694314/h55D38418#h55d38418 cover protos, sketches and work in progress art step by step ;)

featuring Barris in underwear even... in pic 25 of 90..

[​IMG]

Blithe, Ulicus and Rogue_Follower like this.
  2. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Tsk-tsk. It's Adipa Galliaba. Man, you guys know nothing about Tholothian naming customs! :p

3. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

and somebody needs to pick up Stass Allies tholotian hat!!! only the host got shot down from that BARC speeder bike!

if she makes it to Coruscant hitchhiking on a clone hat under the helmet..... we have 5 former Councilors against Fett... 6 if Eeth Koth counts since still alive!

edit... and Shaak Ti makes 7 before she flees to Felucia o_O

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like this one a lot. Keeps Palpy pulling strings to force the Jedi council down a dark path and their only option is to dig through the arcane Jedi history and Jocasta Nu is pulling all nighters in the archives, sweating over ancient tomes until she digs out this whole "Revan" business which they use as a last resort. Then after Order 66, Palpy can say "Look at what the Jedi did! Boo!"

Who would be Colonel Trautman in this scenario, Mace or Yoda? Or just Richard Crena serving on the Jedi council. That would be a blast. "Sir, you can't park your landspeeder here, because you see-" "Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my clone war!" "Johnny, over it is!" and so forth.

5. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Adipa Galliaba and Stace Alliendu to the rescue! The Jedi Council's back, and this time, with extra tentacles. If only Kit could join in. :cool:

(Koth could come in with a set of robot legs.)

[face_laugh] "Johnny, over it is!"

Colonel Trautman's Yoda. Can't you just picture Dagobah-Yoda turning on his veteran officer persona and taking over a messy op? And there's only one blindly self-righteous prick to rule them all in the Star Wars universe, and that is Mace "The Shatterpoint is Staring Me in the Face and I Can't See Jack" Windu. He's the Dennehy character all the way.

BigAl6ft6 and CeiranHarmony like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    There's definitely a Rambo: First Blood-esque story scenario buried away in this mindwipe retcon somewhere. Barris is Rambo. Yoda is the Colonel. Mace is the sheriff. Jocasta Nu provides exposition, Palpatine chuckles. Darth Revan portrait hangs menacingly in the background.

7. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    On my "Revan" theory, if Barriss if mindwiped, her whole criminal career may have to be kept secret from Luminara--possibly to avoid unnecessary emotional distraction while she pursues her military duties (which wouldn't be a problem as she didn't appear in the evil Barriss episodes).

In Star Wars Republic: 81--The Hidden Enemy Part 1, Luminara gushes to Quinlan Vos, "I hearrd from my former padawan Barriss Offee! ...All this time, [we] have never worked together. Now here we are... It seems the Force has a sense of humor! Will you join Gumbaeki and me?"

Quinlan then appears uncomfortable, saying, "Thank you but no, Luminara--I... need to send a message", complete with "..." in Vos' word balloons. It would be a funny retcon if Quinlan's hesitation was the fact that he knew all about Barriss' criminal acts and mindwipe, and didn't feel comfortable hiding it from Luminara while she was gushing over Barriss' military assignment.

Either that, or Luminara knows about the mindwipe and is gushing how easily Barriss was "cured", with Quinlan being uncomfortable with Luminara's ease on the whole thing...

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    That's really cool. The artistic design sequence, I mean---not Barriss in underwear.

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So there hasn't been talk on this issue for nearly a week!

Are we waiting for the bonus content, or should we maybe come to a consensus soon on this? I actually feel that after we tackle this issue, we've tackled the worst problems of the show fairly gracefully, but still.

10. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I would be interested to see this thread take on smaller issues, or thematic issues (say, Tahiri's character arc).

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    After Barriss is resolved, my plan was to open it up and let people propose other outstanding canon issues for discussion. I'm going to put Barriss to a vote shortly; it's just been a busy week and I haven't had a minute to distill the conversation down yet.

Iron_lord, BigAl6ft6 and HEDGESMFG like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Why not open it to all continuity issues? Starkiller, etc?

13. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    So, we're going to vote on which continuity issues we are going to vote on?

We really are stretching this "democracy" thing to its limits. I love it. :cool:

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    <cue thunderous applause>

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    You realize we're slowly setting up this thread to be usurped by a Sith Lord grab for galactic unlimited power?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Okay, let's get this one over with--then the Sith Lords can have it. Given the number of ideas, and the lessons I learned from Adi, let's start simply and see where we go from there.

A) Barriss acted of sound mind and believed in what she did
    B) Barriss was influenced/sick/undercover/whatever

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    A! A! A! And for good measure:
    [​IMG]

18. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
  19. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    A. There is still room for dynamic character development, and if stretched her experiences on Drongar can even pave the way to Bariss being a terrorist. It's an annoying alternative character interpretation, but the whole point of the thread is making do with such issues. Evasive Action- particularly the presence of Aayla and Zonder- can be reinterpreted as probation officers of some sort, although that can also be used with B. Nevertheless, A.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    B. Psycho Jedi, qu'est-ce que c'est.

Esg likes this.
  21. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    B B B

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A forever.

23. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
  24. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    CooperTFN, I assume the lessons you learned from Her Squidness is that you should be painfully vague to the point where what we're voting for could basically be anything? :p

This democratic buffoonery shall not stand. I will not betray my principles to support each and every bedeviled scalawag's delusion that they have a right to believe whatever they want!

I vote for the Revan idea, specifically, and invite all my brothers to join me in fighting democratic scalawaggery in the Commission for the Dismantling of Freedom and Democracy in Lit (CDFDL).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Eat a Snickers... :p