main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ahsoka Stand Alone film???

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    See, I came here and contributed a perfectly valid post, offering my reasons for why I think the character of Ahsoka Tano should'nt be considered for a new series (which, like it, or not, was suggested only a couple of pages back, by more than one poster), and then, in order to keep the discussion about a film, too, I gave my thoughts on a stand-alone film, in general, thinking that I would enjoy some discussion.

You, my new friend, then saw fit to attack me and question my motives in posting. Saying that my "long-winded spiel" was aimed only at discouraging discussion. You then made obnoxious, sarcastic use of very large, bolded letters in trying to put your 'point' across. And you think YOU feel "vehemently attacked?"

See if you can get this through your head: My post original post, which you found fit to attack, had nothing to do with yours. Nothing.. I read what you had written, but did not find it interesting enough to reply to directly, so I chose to tilt the direction just a hair and because you failed to see this, you assumed I was replying directly to your position, thus my sarcastic "comprehension" comments.

There never was any basis in reality for your original wounded assertions, yet you chose to question my motives and attack my position out of hand? Give me a break.

- You don't like "mean-spirited rhetoric," but this is precisely what you introduced to this discussion first.
    - You don't like to be called "gusher," because you feel it doesn't apply, but you called me a "hater" without any basis for doing so. And "haters?" "Gushers?" What are we, twelve years old? I would never opt to use such juvenile verbage.

Are you getting the picture? My last post was an attempt at reaching (not attacking) you by responding to your offesnsive in kind. But no, you can't see it, because you're too quick to cry "Foul!" after reading a post (which again, was never aimed at you in the first place) and then go on that offensive. You saw red, because of your stated "hatred of haters," and decided for yourself that anyone who doesn't share your view is a "hater."

Just because I feel Tano's character has been resolved, doesn't mean I don't enjoy her. I simply see no need for another five years of watching her star in a television series. Because you disagree with this position, does not make me a "hater." Either of the character, or the people who want more of her. I even went so far as to inject a little Star Wars humor by quoting Threepio, to make it clear that I've no personal issue with anybody else's opinion. You, sir or madame, came off as a bully and chose to divert a perfectly valid post I made into all of this. Not I.

Oh, and honestly, I don't have a mean-spirited bone in my body. Certainly not over anything Star Wars related, or a post on my screen from a faceless person. My suggestion, if you are sincere when you say you came here for honest Star Wars discourse, is to get to know some of the folks here and their style of posting before flying off the handle next time. We're a great bunch of folks, the best Star Wars community I've found.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While that response is commendable, please do not get frustrated if your 'reason' is dimissed outright by an unreasonable troll. We sometimes cannot outclass our nature. Class move, though. Bravo, sir.

3. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    You are very much correct. I did fly off the handle. After reading through this entire thread and seeing some of the hateful nonsense that some people were spewing, I thought that you were directly responding to my posts. I am not a troll, as some people have already accused me of now. :( So with deep regret about all of this, I apologize. You and I probably have more in common than I would have allowed myself to find out otherwise. Thank you for not posting some terrible stuff in response, such as this "Ahsoka snuff film" business just above this response. By the way, that would be an example of trolling, would it not?

For the record, I probably deserved some of your original response, but I don't think all of it. ;)

I am sorry, TreborSabreon. [face_blush]

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    No reason we can't just move past it and forget it. [face_peace]

And welcome to the boards. I really do thnk there is a great community of SW fans here.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    You 'liked' your own post??!! Your weird! (Only joking)

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Double post alert!! Forget the last one!! Shame shame shame my bad :)

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth_Quintonis: You will have infinitely more peace in your life when you come to accept (not simply be aware of this... but accept...) that others will not always hold the same opinion as us. It's how we respond that defines where we are at, socially. There is room for everybody here, so long as each person chooses to be a responsible member of our community. Yes, there are a lot of people who hate Ahsoka for a myriad of reasons - ranging from her being overly powerful to the point of it making her uninteresting to certain viewers... while some people simply hate her "SkyGuy" dialogue... to her being a role model for adolescent girls with a 'boob-hole'. And, that's actually ok. It's not ok when we tear into the person holding an opinion that is not in line with ours. Do I find her character to be pedantic and an absolute canker sore on the lip of an otherwise good show? Yes. However, that does not automatically translate into thinking her fans are mongoloids or ought to be sterilized for finding her appealing for whatever reason. I understand that there are factors at work such as the primarily younger age of TCW viewers in general or the need to have one positive female SW character in a universe loaded with girls who always need to be rescued. Personally, as a literature fan who is slightly older, I despise any character who is written as a Mary Sue. It's nothing against Ashoka. I loathe this writing style in every facet of fiction. If it had been Obiwan on TCW, I would hate Obiwan on the show. It happened to be Ahsoka. We are glad you're here. Just try to not miss the forest for the trees. It is perfectly fine that you have a differing opinion than the majority of us. But, attempt to calm down with the posts about how people whose opinions you do not share are "douchebags" and "@$$es", such as the rant in the "What would make you so mad..." thread. Attack characters all you want. I happen to adore some rather lame SW characters myself. But, just do what it takes to have a long posting career on here and try to not get banned or, worse, give yourself blood pressure problems. Unless, you would like to get into a flame war over which is better: Chocolate or Vanilla. See how miopic it seems when we remove Star Wars from these important little battles and insert nonsense like favorite flavor? I happen to side with Vanilla. Chocolate tastes exactly as it looks: Like crap. Check and mate.

8. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Hmmmm. I understand that there are many ways that I can have more peace in my life, I'm still working on it. I'll take it under advisement. My blood-pressure is actually really good, for a male in his mid-thirties, please don't worry about that. I don't have a preference between vanilla and chocolate ice cream, I actually don't like ice cream very much, but I see the analogy and the point that you're making. I also have a literary back-ground, believe it or not, yet I do not share your opinion about "Mary Sue" characters, as sometimes they are very necessary to tell a certain kind of story. I also do not think Ahsoka is purely a Mary Sue anyways. Perhaps we can debate that in time. As far as my "rant" about what would make me walk out, I was just being honest. You are correct that describing hypothetical people, in a hypothetical theater, in a thread about hypothetical situations, as "douchebags" would probably hurt their equally hypothetical feelings. Notice I didn't refer to anyone here, as a "douchebag"? There is a certain context that is appropriate, which was if someone decided to make obnoxious (and I'll add loud) comments complaining the whole way through the movie, I would complain to the management. Perhaps I might even tell the manager of the theater, that there was a "douchebag" disrupting the viewing pleasure of the rest of the audience. So, there was a context to what I said in that thread. I apologize if I ruffled your feathers as well, perhaps that's why you made that inflammatory Ahsoka "snuff film" remark?

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You really are just looking for fights on here, aren't you?

I didn't notice you until after I posted that. I made that comment because I would enjoy watching the character die a horrid death. I am a gore fan as well as a SW fan. Also, because I am allowed to post my opinion on a character without it being even remotely inflammatory.

10. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Y'know, Chorus - I genuinely thought you'd broken through the surface there and eased the young Quintonis' burning rage... I thought I'd witnessed a thing of beauty occur.

...How wrong I was.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I tried. Haters gonna hate.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    No, I am not looking for fights here. :rolleyes: I was answering your response in full. Which you seem to have totally ignored, including ignoring my apology, instead deciding to merely respond to the last question I posed to you. Now I'm the hater? That's pretty barmy stuff there, innit? It's equally barmy to suggest that I have some "burning rage", Venator. You are merely trying to provoke a further response from me, which is the very definition of trolling. I have nothing more to say to either of you on the matter. I'm sure that you will do your best to illicit a response from me though. You will not get one. Pip pip, cheerio and a good day to both of you.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I actually rather liked you. [face_plain]

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Annd that's a rap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.