main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    Just finished reading it. Tear my heart out and stomp on it why don't you? But in all seriousness, bravo, as always. =D= (And the next book starts...? :))

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, guys...it's too, too horrible what Ruth is doing to our Obi-Wan! :_| Dark clothing (what there IS of it) is just one part of it. We need to counter it with all sorts of light and fluffy Obi-Wan.

Of course, Obi-Wan managed to make Vader into a puddle in my last one...

serendipityaey likes this.
  3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ah, Val, there you are...My epilogue is a bit light and fluffy...as I was tellign Ruth...I'm about ready to send it to you :p

Ruth's chapter 26 literally had me sobbing, and the last two chapter had tears in my eyes....I've never had a FF author affect me that way before.

I'll stock up on the tissues for Lineage IX.

4. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, darn it - you mean I haven't done the 3-chapter-tear? Ruth, you think the Heart of a Jedi sequel has the potential (if I EVER get back to it)?

I shall have to be content with the "Golden Keyboard Spit" years ago.

ruth baulding likes this.
  5. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Zombie Killer? Well, it's got potential...

6. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    Aha! I've been knighted, the braid has come off!

ruth baulding and Eryndil like this.
  7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ha-ha...

Val, I am sure you've had me in tears...I don't think for three chapters though, but I"m pretty sure I shed a few tears reading EJC ..(ahem), and What The Heart Hides, etc. ...;)

It's just in Lineage VIII, the sheer emptiness, loss and brokenness of Obi-Wan, leaving him vulnerable and alone, just got to me. Especially when on top of it all, he was faced with the most difficult choice he could have been faced with. For about anyone else, that could have been the last straw...and I know Ruth has more torment in store for Poor Obi and us, but I also know that somehow she will have him coming up shining...it just won't be an easy road for him to get there. (And I so loved that little comfort scene with Siri) [face_love]

I can't wait until LIneage IX begins, but she tells me I may have to for awhile...:_|

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Won't be easy if you have school and RL in front of you...and you're thinking how to continued the next chapter even though you've got some great ideas right in front of your face. :p

9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth has the last very busy two months of school coming up (I understand bec. my husband works for our local school disctrict and his schedule is getting very busy also), and with some other RL issues to deal with, she said the next L. IX may have to wait until Summer Vacation begins....(sigh)..

Oh all right, if we have to...:D

Trying to get my stuff finished, and started respectively. :)

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Yes, it's a lot of pressure the last few monthes in school, got a lot of homework pluss some other things. I'll start writing again when I have time. In the mean while, I'll just continue to publish new chapters to those stories that are ready.

11. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    And I don't even have those reasons for not finishing mine. I just have an undisciplined mind! I have great admiration for everyone who manages to get their chapters written.

12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Time to clean up your mind and start all over, Eryndil. ;)

13. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah, maybe I should take a virtual feather duster to clear the cobwebs out of the corners of my mind :D

14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    [face_laugh]
    There you go. When you don't use things for a very long time, they'll get well-equipped and in the end, it wouldn't work any more. (That was a kind of metaphor if you didn't get that.) :p

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ruth, break, eh? [face_dancing] Uh, that's [face_thinking] erm, maybe...I can have her mind chugging in the background with some solutions for moi.

16. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I think your Heart sequel will be prime competition for Deb's tears. I've read just the draft....

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    It's been so long...what is the Heart sequel a sequel of?

Soooo - you two are in competition for my tears now, eh? o_O;)

18. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a form of affection. Like an all-out sparring match.
    You won't cry asmuch for the next book. It's unabashedly violent, and has what another reader has just dubbed "Yan-Wan" strutting its stuff. Plus the Whills <cue new age music>

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yan-Wan? Oh, meaning Yan Dooku and Obi-Wan, right?

I just sent a draft to Val...I was being a bit more optimist about it's readiness than what is probably warranted..It's sort of all over the place, but maybe Val can help me sort it all out into a cohesive, readable chapter. :) And maybe it's not as bad as I think.

Which is why I sent it to her...sometimes anothers viewpoint is what is needed to know if I'm on the right track or not. I'm sure you understand. :)

Gosh, Ruth, I know things are busy but if you could find a way to ...you know...post the start of Lineage IX????

Ok, I know, patience. I know....[face_whistling]

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Deb, heading out for a damp hike today so I'll look it over when I've actually time, like tonight.

Heart of the Jedi trilogy is the Jabiim, Siriwan duo. I've had somewhat over 100 pages drafted for a couple of years but I am so stuck on some action/adventure chapters...for the life of me, I can't even conceive of the set-up let alone execution of said scenes. Just like I've had a lot drafted for Tears prequel and a Perils of Pauline story and EJC...

21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Heart of the Jedi, oh yeah! Now I remember. You had a third part planned for that. :)

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OK, I'm back...got called away for a bit.

Anyway, Val, (thanks by the way on looking at that tonight),

But as I recall I did cry at some point during the first two stories...and that is one of the only stories I have read for a second time. At the thought of them, I might just read them again. (while waiting for Ruth) ;)

23. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Talking about those Jabiim stories, it's just occurred to me that the Rattatak scenes in 'What the Heart Hides' remind me of 'Wild Space'. It's something about the way that these terrible situations bring out Obi's character and strength, and I think you showed that really well, Val. Excellent stuff.

I've just bought the two Clone Wars Gambit books and have already finished 'Stealth'. I've seen some reviews that reckon there is too much touchy-feely talking about emotions, but I'm liking the focus on character. It's also reminded me that I really like Bail Organa, as portrayed by Karen Miller. Anyone know of a good Obi-Bail friendship fic?

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ Actually, yes, if you don't mind a bit of slash involved - not terribly graphic and only a minor point; definitely not PWP stuff.

Much as I love KM's books, there are lots of scenes I skim on re-reading (or skip) and some characterization that I don't look too favorably on. But I do love how she contrasts Anakin and Obi-Wan's opinions, and show both have valid concerns over the course to take.

BTW it's 3 books, not 2.

25. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Plot bunny, that.
    I have one as a messy draft somewhere, but fie! on real life for interfering with everything interesting.
    I enjoyed KM's focus on character interactions, and I would not call any of her characters touchy-feely. Literature as opposed to the screen is a fine place to expand more "invisible" tensions as she does.... and besides, Siege has plenty of things going BOOM.
    Which is also fun, but doesn't constitute a gripping story as such. We've probably read similar reviews.