main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mother Talzin (Season 6)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yesterday.

the-jedi-prince likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Unless we get more Talzin stuff in the EU (it's looking unlikely we're going to get more of her on TCW), I'm going to assume Sidious messed up her plans big time on Mandalore.

Leaves her character open for further appearance while not having a dangling plot thread.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think Filoni's plan for Talzin will be revealed, even if not in TCW. Speaking of which, should Talzin be resolved in the ST, in a spin-off movie, or in a tv show?

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Talzin is not just a dangling plot strand but a big gaping plothole without getting touched upon again. Sadly, I'm certain that's what we'll be left with since we've not gotten any answers at all about what exactly she's been up to. Is Mother really a competitor to Sidious or just an evil witch who wants to watch the Galaxy burn? Tune in next time... oh wait...

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Then interview Filoni

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Would you really settle for some off the cuff half assed word of got explanation on Talzin's motives and fate? =b

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Nope. Preach it.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Which kind of begs the question, what exactly was Mother Talzin's big plan all along? Some strange and convoluted Xanatos Gambit that seems easily foiled by Palpatine? From Season 3, it seems she was simply out to help Asajj Ventress fulfill her desire for vengeance against Count Dooku (perhaps a mutual goal, given Talzin's stated dislike for the Count and the fact that she kept a lock of his hair for her voodoo magic). But then she seems willing to lead the Jedi, Obi-Wan and Anakin, to Savage Opress, forcing Ventress to hasten her plot to assassinate Dooku before Savage was ready. Finally, after the second failed assassination attempt on Dooku, Talzin persuades Savage to search for his brother Maul. I'm thinking that she wants revenge on the Sith, particularly Dooku, and hatched this overly complicated plot involving Ventress, Savage, and eventually Maul to bring it to fruition. Seems like a fragile plan quite prone to failure. Clearly, she has no control over Maul's purpose, and probably wouldn't even know when/if Maul would seek out and destroy Tyranus.

Talzin strikes me as more lucid than your typical Chaotic Evil villain, but at the same time her ultimate goal and motivations seem to completely elude the viewer. I thought of Talzin originally as a sort of thorn on Sidious' side during the Clone Wars, something that could potentially unravel his whole plan for galactic domination (indeed, Maul's return did throw a wrench here because it took even Sidious by surprise), but I'm beginning to think she really isn't too much of a threat to the future Emperor. Sidious easily dispatching Savage and re-subjugating Maul on Mandalore suggest this. In any case, this is a plot thread that must be resolved, one way or another, either in an EU novel/graphic novella or in a future Dark Times television series.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I think she just wants her own brand of revenge, Talzin has no interest in the galaxy at large.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Refresh my memory. What was the last time we'd seen her. Was it Maul's restoration, or did she meet with Ventress in a later episode?

11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The last time we saw her was in Revenge

Huyang likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe Maul was Talzin's lover before joining Sidious

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, as an infant.o_O

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I meant EU aside. As far as the EU goes you can ignore that post.

15. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    the comment was written next to talzins entry in the book and has no date but i took it as being after the clone wars and order 66

Talzin talks alot of the fanged god and white goddess of Mortis and allya?

she is driven by the wishes of these spirits and dosnt follow the dark side or the light but the spirits wishes

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Interesting. Does the Book of Sith mention more on the Talzin entry, or even hint at her future during the end of and after the Clone Wars? If we assume that the Fanged God is the Son and the Winged Goddess is the Daughter, then what do their deaths on Mortis portend for the Nightsister rituals, and the future of the tribe itself? Could their demises have thrown Talzin's schemes out of whack, or furthermore, could the events of Massacre have any connection to the demises of the Ones of Mortis? With their "gods" fallen to oblivion, perhaps Talzin's Nightsister tribe then followed suit?

It's something to speculate on, and might grant further significance to the otherwise highly isolated Mortis arc in the grand scheme of the series. This of course leaves another question that must be answered regarding both Talzin and the events on Mortis in general. Hopefully these ideas will be revisited in some form in the future.

17. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    it dosnt answer any questions im afraid
    the book is now available as a book only and i picked up a copy off amazon for £8.99 inc postage
    its worth a read and darth plageuis and the wrath of darth maul too
    all 3 are tied into each other and all feature sidious and talzin/mortis
    no definate answers tho

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Will Talzin appear in Rebels?

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That's a good question.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I can't see Palpatine just letting Talzin be, unmolested - she is no ally of his, and she is an immensely powerful Force user. From his POV she's a threat. There's no telling when she might turn against him or decide to attack him. What if she makes a Sidious voodoo doll?

When Palps perceives someone as a genuine, serious threat, he moves quickly to crush them. See: Maul, Savage and Mandalore for reference.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    We don't know that.

Btw, should this thread be renamed to refer to Rebels instead of TCW Season 6?

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How do i change the name of my thread ?

Huyang likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    At last, someone says something. The mods should be able to help you with changing the name of your thread.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.