main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Landrieu translation: She's up for reelection in a conservative state with a Tea Party Gov and endorsing full gay marriage (as a representative of Louisiana I guess) would likely be seen as a kiss of death to her reelection bid.

2. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Did you guys hear of the report of the 2 gay men who have adopted 9 boys and molested all of them..

This is fuel for all the bible thumping hillbillys down south. How its a perversion and how hetro's don't molest children left and right...

The problem I have is because of political correctness no one in the adoption agency thought it was strange 2 men were adopting 9 boys and no girls. Sometimes common sense has to be used and the PC crowd just wont let it happen..

I feel bad for the kids and all the gay couples who aren't like this.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You got a link to this story?

4. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
  5. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    like I said this is just fuel for all the **** kicking hillbillys

6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I feel bad for somebody who looks at that situation and blames it on the "pc crowd" instead of some ****ed dudes who did something ****ed up.

kinda reminds me of this

7. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    Well it is because of the PC crowd.. You cant even ask "why would you wanna adopt 9 boys and no girls" because it would be offensive to the couple..

Once again children have suffered because questions cant be raised due to political correctness...

Im sorry you cant see that at all...

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    did you watch the video?

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The issue of not being able to ask why they want to adopt that many kids, has nothing to do with their being gay so I'm not sure what it has to do with this thread.

I seriously doubt a straight couple would be asked that question either.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    And I'm sure if they were asked that question they would have answered "to molest them".

11. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    no I posted the topic because I haven't watched or read anything...

Let me ask you something, do you think that being PC does get in the way of things??? Can you envision any situation in which this might be a problem??

Cant you see a red flag being drawn up when a gay couple wants to adopt 9 boys??? Id be questionable if hetro couple did this as well. Its just strange, extremely strange. Where are the people who are supposed to be protecting these kids, the adoption agencies and their employees.

12. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    youre correct it has nothing to do with it at all. I agree with you 100%... The issue is why no red flags were drawn by either a gay or hetro couple that wants 9 boys...

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Who knows, but if you want to discuss the effects of political correctness on society, it should probably be a new thread with a broader basis.

14. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    I do believe partly because of political correctness this issue wasn't looked at with more scrutiny...

Like I said, I feel bad for the kids and all the gay couples who are gonna get heat because of the anti gay crowd.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Harasz and Wirth adopted nine children — three sets of male siblings — beginning in 2000, and ran a home-based dog breeding business called The Puppy Guy.

Which probably means the children weren't adopted all at once. Which probably would have raised some flags, but perhaps not if they had been adopted seperately over the years.

16. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    Juliet, say im in charge of an adoption agency and I see a couple has records of them adopting a large number of only boys. Me personally id look into the matter and ask myself WHY????

I don't care if theyre gay, straight, white black, green, when it comes to kids you HAVE to take extra steps to help their safety.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    While it does seem a little weird, I don't think the normal reaction is "pedophile!"

And this really has nothing to do with this thread's topic.

18. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    That's because you live in a cave and haven't seen any real world applications that might raise an eye brow on how this could be a situation that might seem somewhat strange.

After all the alleged rape cases the church has seen lately youd think people would be taking more extreme measures to ensure the safety of children.

Maybe im more sensitive to this due to me having helped autistic children in my past. So I have a soft spot for kids and cant see enough steps taken to ensure their safety.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Are you seriously saying "I love kids more than you, and anyone who disagrees with me doesn't care about kids' safety and lives in a cave"????

Because that seems more than a little weird to me, to say the least...

Rogue_Ten, V-2 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

I said I have a soft spot for children, because I worked with handicapped children in the past I think I have a softer spot for them than the average Joe walking the streets.

I never went all Meryl Streep dramatic like you just did, come get your Oscar for best performance in a drama please.

I think when it comes to kids extra steps need to be taken to ensure children are not going into the hands of creepers.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    1. Go to another thread. Make your own.

2. You're still saying that you love children more, and implying that people who disagree with you don't love children as much as you. That the average person doesn't love children as much as you. Do you seriously not realize how offensive and stupid and self-centered that sounds?

3. For the other thread... what extra steps? When a couple is only adopting kids of the same gender, I still don't think the normal reaction is "pedophile!"

V-2 likes this.
  22. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    I clearly said I have a softer spot for children than your average Joe.... Like how some people have a softer spot for animals than others.

Why are you even arguing with me. Im for the upmost safety of kids not getting in the hands of bad people and youre trying to turn this into an argument.

To be honest I don't give a crap if youre offended, I would ensure the safety of those 9 boys rather than have you feel good about yourself.. So if that means I had to do some investigating into this family well than that's what I would do. The adoption agency dropped the ball big time here.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Because you say that people who disagree with you don't have a soft spot for children, and don't care for the safety of children.

Stop your "holier than thou" attitude.

See below, for yet another example.

Just because someone thinks you just made a lot of awful posts doesn't mean they don't care about the safety of children.

V-2 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  24. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

No, what it means is that you haven't put your best foot forward to make sure these children are safe. Considering that's the entire job of an adoption agency. To any person who doesn't have their heads firmly placed deep inside their butts would say "why would any couple only want 9 adopted boys." That in itself is strange and should've been further investigated. Considering its probably in such a rare minority of people who do things like this.

Now do me a favor please leave me alone I find you extremely irritating on every level imaginable.

25. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    He didn't say that people who disagree with him don't have a soft spot for children. And even if he had, nobody is disagreeing with him.

We all agree with his main point, which is that the adoption agency did a bad job.

I agree that he ought not to have thrown in the comment about "people living in a cave", but other than that what he has said has been reasonable, not awful.