main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Oh thanks. I totally forgot that that quotes stack on top of each other. :p

Back on topic.

I say we focus on pushing out some information out of Disney and Lucasfilm. They say the show is still going and there is more content, yet they layoff almost the entire group. Tell us what exactly we are getting. I'm not gonna fight if we are getting wrap up because that's what we really want. If it's just this Fives are and Clovis, THEN we got reason to campaign. Any ideas on how to reach out to Disney and pull some info out of them?

AkashKedavra_93 and Watto like this.
  2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    My issue with the spin-offs is that, while I do look forward to them, I have to wonder how they'll conform with the style of the films in the saga. I mean, will they attempt to match the style of episodes 1-6 or will they intentionally break rules since they aren't a part of the saga? I'm talking slow-mo shots, having a story play out in a non-linear fashion (flash backs and flash forwards), lose the wipes, changing up the music from orchestral, etc.

Tying this back in with TCW, I was more accepting of TCW breaking stylistic rules thanks to the mediums of both TV and animation. That was enough distancing from the films for me to be cool with the crazier music choices (the techno in Downfall of a Droid) and the ability for the cameras to fly about a scene. But I'm trying to imagine Ewan reprising Obi-Wan with a very different shooting style and it seems pretty weird in my mind. Imagine Darth Vader in a Watchmen or 300 movie, lol

3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Well, I dunno... I think the best reference point to allay that fear is the TOR cinematics.

And if you don't think those are friggin' awesome, I don't even...

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Anyway, this isn't related to the above; just the vibe around here in general... but...

I never knew so many people got so bothered when things about the show aren't to their liking. I guess I get it with the movies, but with TCW, I always just thought the stakes were a bit lower (as much as I still love it). The fact that people argue about which characters are better and such, without seeing them all as a part of the whole... I dunno. It bums me out that some can't just watch cool Star Wars things happen and have a good time and eat snacks and laugh stuff off and watch more cool Star Wars things happen and keep having a good time. If I keep reading posts from those who see things so drastically different from myself, I'll eventually just have to tear into somebody with a philosophical fervor like you've never seen. So, seeing as the STCW campaign brought me here, and it pretty much accomplished all that it could, I reckon I'll be goin' back into my own little world, away from the parts of fandom I don't see eye to eye with.

To anyone with whom I've had a stimulating, intellectual conversation: many thanks.

*puff of smoke...*

*HE GONE!*

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I sent Jimmy Mac a note about wishing we could get Filoni's take on the #SaveTheCloneWars campaign, how its being received, what should be done differently, what channels we could take to get our message out, etc. Too late for the interview but maybe at some point he can get that answered.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm guessing that people who don't have the passion to point out things they dislike, probably aren't posting on message boards. I like a lot of other franchises besides Star Wars but I don't bother with their message boards, I just read or watch them and go about my day.

So...catch 22 I guess?

I laughed until I cried at that Big Bang Theory episode when Sheldon and the comic book store guy argued for hours about the franchise roles of Batman and Robin while Penny fell asleep. I was reminded so much of this place.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You've taken your first step into a larger world, imo.

Opinions vary on what "cool Star Wars things" are and when they happen.

There are many episodes of TCW that do not have any cool things happening, imo.

Because if someone is different than you, if they don't see things the way you do, if they don't share your philosophy, you should tear into them. What an interesting philosophy.

I think I remember that message in Star Wars.

But by all means, tear into someone, in fact I volunteer. Just remember to amuse me while you tear into me.

As you wish. Perhaps it was one step forward, followed by one step back, depending on your point of view, of course.

Because you presumably like the show and post comments full of praise, you are welcome in LACWAC.

K'Kruhk, kubricklynch, eht13 and 4 others like this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Guys, I can't handle so many different opinions which are different to mine, so I'm leaving this forum.

But, seriously, @PraenomenCognomen - that people see SW in a different way to you is no reason to hide from them. I hope you'll stay; your (and everyone's) opinion is valued here.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been going back through this thread and amusing myself. So many opinions around here that are different than mine.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Stop liking what I hate.

10. bluelantern714

bluelantern714 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2013
    I gather from the recent comments that people on here have given up. I do think we've accomplished a lot, but there is this final opportunity ahead of us with the aforementioned smgo.tv. The site released a statement today about TCW. This was on the front page of #SaveTheCloneWars website from smgo.tv:

"Hi Folks
    We just wanted to check back in and send a message to our friends at #SaveTheCloneWars. First, thank you very much for continuing to show your support for such an awesome animated series – we absolutely hear you and agree that your show deserves a spot on smgo.tv – and because you've been sending us hundreds of requests, we were planning to put it up to the voting phase.
    But before we do, we have to point out that we already have two Disney shows, and we have reached out to Disney to present our platform. We want to give them a chance to meet with us before we add more shows. In the future, our goal is to move a show based solely on fan demand, but right now, we’ve found its better to take things a little slow.
    We understand this isn’t an ideal solution, and we really want to #SaveTheCloneWars too – so just bear with us for a few more days and keep excited, we’re working on it. :)
    Thanks for your patience all!"
    I think we have one last shot here, and hope the people here don't give in too soon. We could use your support if we reach the voting phase. The other Disney shows mentioned are Mark Hamill's new show Motorcity and TRON: Uprising.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My favorite episode of TCW ever is "The Deserter". I think two people voted for that episode when we did the poll for best episodes of Season 2. I still like it. I don't care what anybody thinks. Hell I got against the grain and loved "A Sunny Day in the Void". I'm pretty sure I got trolled a few times over enjoying the middle of the droid arc. I'm not cutting my wrist for that. Personally if someone is just doing something to get a rise out of me. I usually just ignore it. But if you really feel attacked report it or PM it to me. I'll gladly help just as I'll gladly have a discussion with anybody on the philosophy in Void because this is a discussion board. Rex is my favorite characters and I like these individual clones. Its fun to debate the individual thing. It'd be so boring if everyone thought that was cool like me. Its all good, its all fun.

Personally if I did't like TCW I wouldn't waste any time on it. Life's to short. But its not my place to tell people what to do with their time. when I get around to TCW. I grab some popcorn and a pop. Sit back and enjoy the first time around. I got this thing called a lame filter that'll get me through about anything and TCW really doesn't stress it much. The second time around I watch more critically. I like TCW's snapshot style and putting those puzzle peaces together.

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. All opinions be they positive or negative are welcome. Its not just a Star Wars thing for people to disagree about their fiction. People always debate on forums about which episodes are the best and which characters are the best or worst. Fans always gripe about plotholes and discuss how to fill them in. Lets keep in mind that people just love to complain to begin with alot of the time. I had arguments when I was a kid about Zack vs Adam (Black Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 1 and 2) and I still have those discussion with people on message boards.

07jonesj and VMeran like this.
  12. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    What stage are we on, Petitioners?

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Stop writing what I was going to write.

Actually, go ahead. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The lack of any kind of response from Disney/Lucasfilm on this subject of getting more episodes of the Clone Wars is either that they want to ignore it and hope it goes away, or they are still deciding how many episodes to finish... Possibly they are waiting for the right time to respond with more details. So which is it?

I'm willing to keep the protest going... But it is difficult to know what to do next with no response at all. Doesn't mean we should stop though. Hoping to get as many episodes as possible at this point. Even though we will not get closure it would be nice to see some of our Clone Wars favorites one last time, so we can have some form of goodbye.

15. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    They've already said two arcs. That gives you a pretty clear image of how many episodes are left (arcs are usually 3-6 episodes long)

Also, Seerow is obviously still on Denial...

16. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    *cough*no, they haven't said that. An unidentified source informed TF.N, which has been wrong before, that there may only be two arcs.*cough*

KED12345 and Darth_Harmon like this.
  17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Just maintain a running negativity on social media outlets on Disney's decisions regarding Star Wars. There's nothing a corporation hates more than a couterpoint to the message they want to put out to the masses that they are going to do great things with Star Wars.

Random Comments likes this.
  18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm not sure if being nasty with Disney will get us anywhere. That may not be what you mean with negativity, but I have seen some folks spam Disney with tweets littered with expletives and generally horrible verbal assaults. Most have not been like this, but a number of them have been. Hopefully there haven't been too many hand-written letters like this. The problem is it is easier for them to dismiss fan protests if they come off as crazy and assaulting. They can just blame it on a misguided small minority. A well put together polite but direct message by a combined fan base will get us further.

You are right though that the direct message must be that we are dissatisfied, that we are passionate about the show, and that we are willing to keep our presence out there until we get some results.

VMeran and Random Comments like this.
  19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Exactly, this two-arc rumor started with an early report from an LFL contact to BigShinyRobot assuring that the Bonus Content would actually come out, responding to reports that it would never actually become available despite the promise. That report went on to say that it would consist of at least two arcs. Never was it stated that it would only ever be two arcs, and its possible they are still deciding how many they will finish.

Then Eric Geller's ill-advised and many-times-revised TFN report came out consisting of some info from an unnamed source at Lucasfilm claiming that there would only be two arcs, and that a bounty hunter arc in progress would not be completed. He originally had a lot of other info in the report that he later removed due to the contradictory and inflammatory nature of some of the claims from his sources. Much of that info centered around the layoffs at Lucasfilm animation, and its possible that some of the info came from actual employees who were laid off. I'm sure that there is bound to be some negativity and cynicism coming from people in that situation, and I don't know how much stock you can put in their info since they have left the company. Filoni and crew could potentially finish up some of the other arcs if they are given the resources.

So that's where we are with this... we don't know how many we are getting. And the campaign is as important as ever to make sure we get as much material as we can. To be honest, this campaign could keep going even after some of that content is released since future content beyond that could depend on the demand and success of the first stuff they come out with.

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think you need to understand the difference between a source that hasn't got a good track record and an official announcement ;)

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd never suggest sending some profanity filled tirade. That type of stuff is just moronic and unproductive. I mean suggesting that Disney is more concerned about its profitability in its business sectors and marking its corporate territory even if it means putting an end to successful business operations.

Watto likes this.
  22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    If you send a letter or e-mail to Disney "suggesting that Disney is more concerned about its profitability in its business sectors and marking its corporate territory even if it means putting an end to successful business operations", their reaction will likely be, "And?".

Of course they are. And so what, they're running a business and they know a thing or two about being profitable. But part of that long term view that they're surely taking is that they think the best thing to do for that long term profitability is to start to focus attention on the era of the SW timeline leading up to the ST.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    By canceling everything and giving us nothing. Of course.

VMeran likes this.
  24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was just thinking, Lucasfilm animation employees including Filoni seem to have little control over the decisions of Disney/Lucasfilm on how the franchise proceeds. What's great about a movement like #SaveTheCloneWars is it can be strong through numbers. I know there are passionate and connected fans but there are also parents and kids who are not as connected to the internet and social media, or do not know the easy things they can do to speak up to make their voice heard that they love the show and want as much new content as possible. The more people that are talking about this the more Disney CANNOT ignore this. After all the cancellation of projects and layoffs of divisions, its easy to feel helpless, but we don't have to be. That's why we need to keep the campaign going and involve as many people as possible.

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, because at least five new SW films, and other very likely things like a new TV show definitely constitutes "nothing". :rolleyes:

And, um, yes, Disney CAN continue to ignore this.

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.