main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The general concensus seems to be that May the 4th would be a logical date for something to be announced.

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    mmm or maybe after Star Trek is released so JJ Abrams can start concentrating on EP7.......

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    How about on May 4th they'll announce a teaser stating after ST:ID gets released we'll get our next bit of big news, and the date of the announcement. ;)

4. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    That sounds good to me! :)

5. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

You realize "nuking the fridge" was Spielberg's idea which he admitted to, right? Spielberg was the one who liked to add gags to the Indiana Jones films... life raft jump from an airplane... Spielberg, mine car jump... Spielberg. Mutt's Tarzan swinging... Spielberg. He was also responsible for a ridiculous gag which eventually got cut from Raiders with the Arab swordsman cutting up a bunch of meat for a street vendor while in the process of fighting Jones during the deleted whip vs. sword scene.

Finally, Spielberg was also the architect behind the worst gag in the series which was far more of a groaner than nuking the fridge... Nazi fighter crashing into mountainside in flaming debris... incredibly the pilot survives only to do a double take as his flaming plane rides perfectly through the middle of the tunnel as it passes our heroes... absolutely silly and totally Spielberg.

Yancy

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  6. Echo22

Echo22 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2013
    I'm guessing Ford, Hamill and Fisher will be announced on May the Force (4th) or May 25 (the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi's original release). I can't imagine that Disney would wait any longer than that to announce something so obvious. If I'm Abrams I'm signing all of the above first thing before proceeding any further......My next call would be John Williams.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm betting you money that May 4th will pass like any other day.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah me too. I'd put my money on Star Wars weekends or Celebration Europe.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  9. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    The EW screenings of Return of the Jedi on May 4th would be a great place to announce it.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's my guess as well. I just can't see them doing it at Star Wars Weekends, especially since they've been around the block with them for several years now. They've become the norm, so to speak, nothing too entirely special any longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    If it is, I called it a few weeks ago! :p

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Just one of those things.

Kathleen Kennedy did say that, while there may be sporadic news here and there, 2014 would be Star Wars year, as far as scoops and the like, so we can't say we weren't warned.

That said, I don't imagine we'll be waiting too much longer for an announcement on the 'Big 3.' Sometime this year, anyway, I'd think. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say maybe the joint Star Wars/Disney venture that is Star Wars Weekends?

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The only thing that I believe would put a stopper in the May the 4th date is that Abrams is supposed to be hitting the PR trail for Star Trek by that time. It would step on the neck of the movie he's trying to promote.

14. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    More likely they'll wait until the screenplay has been finalized and decided upon, and they know for sure who will and won't be appearing in the picture, a process which is going on right now I'm sure.

15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Anthony Daniels interview
    My guess is that he'll return to do the voice but another actor will do the body work in the costume.

16. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    I think an announcement is coming very soon - considering that Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, and Anthony Daniels (maybe not him, he always goes to these things) are hitting conventions very soon, I think it's a good sign something may be announced then or before then, then again, according to my wife, I'm never right (She's always right...)

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Did anyone see David Letterman last night? Harrison was on promoting his new movie and one of the questions they asked him was whether he would be back for Episode VII. Again, he was fairly tight-lipped about it. He pretty much said he was in three out of the six films in the Saga and when asked why he appeared adamant to return to the role of Han Solo for years, he said it was because they never asked him to do anymore films. He then shut the line of questioning off by saying he'll leave it at that.

So, again, no outright denial and his answer was very open-ended.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He was on Good Morning America the other day and they were talking about how good he was in 42 and then they asked if he was going to return to Star Wars and he said he would only be mediocre in that. :p

Pro Scoundrel and HanSolo29 like this.
  19. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I have the sense that the big 3 are hoping for a much bigger payday than what Disney originally thought.

I read Harrison's tone last night as him hoping to squeeze cash out of Disney. It was classic Han negotiation tactics. He knows he's in a position of strength and he's going to make then pay big because of that.

This is why it's taking so long. Disney's thinking, "We could buy a whole ship for that" but Harrison knows they won't.

The big 3 are holding firm and asking for a massive payday from this. It will be the last thing of this magnitude that any of them does in their lives and they know it. They're thinking about their kids with this negotiation. I imagine they're asking for the huge back end deal they missed out on during the first round of success back when they were young and naive. Merchandising, I'm sure, is going to be a hot topic.

20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Another (extremely likely) reason that its taking 'so long' is because the movie most likely won't be filming until some time next year (assuming they even opt to meet the 2015 release date) and casting has barely entered anybody's minds but the fans'.

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I love how Anthony Daniels is as much a fan as any of us

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Daniels does everything C3PO, and it's quite obvious that him and R2D2 will be in Episode VII - he'll be back.

I honestly don't think filming will begin in 2014 seeing as every other Star Wars movie began filming a year and a half in advance - I think filming will commence at the latest end of year.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    So in that case, end 2013 (again, assuming that they are still aiming for 2015).

If they plan on shooting at the end of this year then it is still a bit early to expect any casting confirmations. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy (another Disney-produced film being made by a company that they purchased). That movie is going to start shooting in a few months and is coming out next August, and so far only two characters have been cast with a third merely rumored.

There is a chance that we could hear relatively soon a few of the actors returning to Star Wars, but it would be more for early publicity than anything else at this point. If we hear any confirmations relatively soon it will more than likely be returning characters.

24. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

Cool Big 3 Japanese Fan Episode VII Poster. Light Saber Leia? Here's the Big 3 signing autographs in 77:

[​IMG]

kubricklynch likes this.
  25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's not an Episode VII fan poster. It's actually the Japanese cover to The Unseen Queen, the second novel in The Dark Nest trilogy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.