main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Me, too. I'm hoping for at least a 20 episode sixth season. And going by Filoni's last video, there might be at least that much we can expect to see. I can't imagine all these things that he said would be tied up in less than that amount, anyway, right? Especially if they avoid making any more droid adventures.

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I don't see how 20 episodes is possible unfortunately, unless some miracle happens.

3. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I'm expecting to only get the Clovic arc and the Fives arc, but I'm hoping we also get the Boba Fett / Cad Bane arc.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Why not? They've been working on season six supposedly for a year now, and going by what Filoni said, it's possible that we may get that many. What is certain is that the show was cancelled on the CN and will finish up somewhere else, whether it be Disney XD or straight to video.

Ani501st likes this.
  5. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I agree. I also wanted to clarify, that I'm sure if there is a "Season 6" or just a direct to video "movie" that wraps up all the arcs, that they would release it as a stand alone first, before a TCW complete box-set. I just meant that I would hold out for the complete set. As far as the rights to release such a set, we'll see, it could take some time, but it's not without precedent, any Twin Peaks fan knows how long it took for the Twin Peaks Gold Box with the pilot episode to be released, thanks to distribution contracts and such. It will happen eventually. ;) In the mean time, I would be happy downloading whatever bonus/Season 6 stuff on iTunes while I wait for a box set.

Ani501st likes this.
  6. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    If we get more than the two arcs that we know, I would be happy to see Lux Bonteri in one more arc.

That's good to know, it's a good start but it's no in Dave's decision to release box set in blu-ray/DVD.

7. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I know, but I figure Dave must know the behind the scenes happenings of the blu-ray release and the contracts. For all we know, a home video release was in WB's season renewal contract, and it'll happen for sure, and at the moment they're finishing up the bonus docs or Dave is signing off on disc and package designs.

Fingers crossed they move Revival to the proper spot in the season 5 timeline.

Darkslayer and the-jedi-prince like this.
  8. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I think they will move Revival, if they gather the jedi temple archives as arcs like in season 4 Box set, they will have to move Revival with the rest of the arc.
    If it was in WB contract so now I'm relieved, I have just to be enough patient to be able to get the box set.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    But weren't Lucasfilm's contractual obligations with CN at an end following the completion of season 5 anyway? Unless you're saying something else?

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Do you have a source where its stated that contractual obligations with CN were up at the end of season 5? Far as I can recall I don't think we've gotten any real info one way or the other about what the contractual obligations were with Cartoon Network at the end of TCW's season 5. We've heard rumors Cartoon Network tried to negotiate for future seasons on their channel after season 5's increased rating but I don't think there is any info on if the contract was broken, up for renewal. or what. I think the main tidbits we have is Disney didn't know what they were doing and that broke relations with CN.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd have to dig, but I recall it being fairly commonly spoken about after the big sale in the fall that the contract was up for renewal at the end of the season, thus leaving the door open for season 6 airing on Disney XD. You don't remember that?

edit: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-clone-wars-leave-385661

Second paragraph.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah I remember this article, in retrospect its even more of an opinion piece by the author. There is no mention of who the Hollywood Reporter's source on Turner was so its not official info on the contract. I don't recall the contractual obligations being spoken about much other than the general assumption that one way or another the contract with CN would end and TCW would move to a Disney owned outlet or Netflix. I myself speculated back then that Disney would raise the rent and that would be the end of it. That speculation all proved false. Anyways up until the layoff the rebranding theory would have still been plausable. When Disney bought Jumbo Pictures and took over Doug from Nickelodeon for example, they rebranded it "Brand Spanking New! Doug" just because they wanted a new name to differentiate it from Nick's version.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010

Well, I mean, it is what it is. Other than an official quote from the parties involved (or, say, a look at the actual agreement), I'm not sure what else we could expect to know about these private affairs? You're right, the sources weren't named, but that doesn't mean the quote is untrue. Besides, the information is of such a benign nature, I just don't see any reason to make it up (or for me to doubt it). Unnamed or no, at least it's something. Anything else is just speculation, you know?

And who knows, if we were to really go digging, we might even find an official statement which confirms the year-to-year licensing agreement. Maybe from back in 2008, when the show was just getting up and running? For that matter, there may very well be reports from named-sources that were published last autumn, too (I just posted the first one I saw).

Of course, I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, just enjoying the company. :)

14. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    I think that we've sadly seen the last of The Clone Wars, Disney don't seem to give a ***t about the fans. It was a quality show, even the youngling and droid arcs were good in parts, but when it got going (the Umbara, Mandalore Civil War/Maul, Zygerrian Slaver arcs), it was superbly written, voice acted and animated. Disney could have had a huge moneyspinner there running up till Ep 7, but just binned it with no thought. If it ever returns, even as one off dvds, I for one will be very happy (as will my little boy) but I'm not going to hold my breath.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I really hate Disney right now.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I just wanted to tell everyone this. My local Target store usually has all of the Seasons 1 - 4 box sets of The Clone Wars and they usually restock them. I went in today, and they were all pulled. No explanation, just gone. I'm going to check Best Buy next and see if they have all been pulled from there as well. If that's the case, maybe they are being pulled from retail shelves until they will be redistributed later by Disney? What do you guys and gals think?

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think that's definitely odd... especially since I've seen a much bigger Clone Wars DVD presence at my local Targets strangely enough. All of the sets displayed prominently and seem to sell through quickly. I haven't checked this week though.

Also, there was a tweet from a fan yesterday who found in their local Walmart a big Display sign for the "TV series" section of DVD's which featured Captain Rex and Cad Bane very prominently.

18. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I'll have to check Walmart as well then ...

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Check it out, the Clone Wars is THE series that Walmart has chosen, with Rex, Maul, and Bane as poster boys:
    https://twitter.com/AhsokaTanoJedi/status/322487083006578689/photo/1

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Amazon still has TCW sets and individual episodes.

21. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    cool sign but where is the disney logo?

22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Around where I live, the local Walmarts only carry a strong TCW presence for a time after the autumn release (generally through X-Mas) and then before long, they're gone. I haven't seen any Seasons 1-3 product around in years, but I'd have to make a note of checking about Season 4. Maybe some areas are just different like that?

23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Did you ask anyone in the department if they knew why the move was made? Maybe they could fill you in. You'd probably just get some kind of a blank stare or a simple "no idea," but you never know. :)

24. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I really love Disney right now.

[​IMG]

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol nice joke, and even better picture! [face_laugh]

Garrett Atkins likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.