main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I really hope it's Plagueis. He is the only villain comparable to Palpatine in the saga IMO (if you go by the Plagueis book, which IS cannon).

Summer Dreamer and Darth kRud like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    He could easily have tricked Sidious. But he probably would have gone into hiding on a planet like Tython (similar to what Yoda did in the OT) to wait for his power to increase - George always said Sidious was the strongest Sith.

3. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I really think this will be the title for Episode 7. I can't see it being titled anything else.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I definitely think one of the villain's name will start with a P...

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, it felt odd, didn't it? Like he allowed it to happen or something. To let his guard down and fall asleep like that seemed a bit out of character for him. He was a being who cherished his life more than anything else.

The book was great. Hopefully one day they'll make this novel into a movie.

If Darth Plagueis is alive then, maybe Episode VII: An Old Threat?

Plus, it would mirror the "A New Hope" title.

Darth Archimage and Darkslayer like this.
  6. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    If they decide to use Plagueis, I doubt he will have simply been in hiding this whole time. More likely he would have been quite literally dead, but had some way of coming back. He was very scared of the Chosen One prophecy, so what better way to defeat it than by beating it to the punch, and dying in a way in which you KNOW you can return, and let your failed apprentice deal with it while you're gone?

Immortiss and LunarMoth like this.
  7. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    This is a good thought, I could see it :)

Are you suggesting that he brought himself back to life using his midichlorian manipulation though?

8. Corvax855

Jan 23, 2011
    If Plagueis returns, I'm pretty sure Midi-chlorian manipulation will have played a big part in how he cheated death. However, I'm not quite sure on the specifics. One of the things he was interested in accomplishing in the novel was bypassing the Midi-chlorians altogether and communicating directly to the Force, so maybe that would have something to do with it. He was also able to witness Tenebrous' Midi-chlorians wink out when he died, and instruct King Veruna's Midi-chlorian's to return to their source, whatever that means. That may have something to do with all this as well.

9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    OK ya, some of it is still a mystery, like the "return to their source" bit. I haven't read the book for awhile so I am a little rusty.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    The more I hear about Plagueis still being alive, the more I'm liking Dark Empire.

11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Is that the one where Palpatine comes back? If so UGH I absolutely hated that concept. For me that comic is non-cannon.

kubricklynch likes this.
  12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Essence transfer is no weirder than anything else we've seen with the Force.

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    But Palpatine was DEAD though, it completely undid Anakin's actions, at least IMO

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Well if we go by the notion that Vader and Palpatine were the last two sith, the EU contradicts that. The EU also contradicts that Luke is the last Jedi.

15. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    If he was so wise, how come he got murdered in his sleep? Total lack of wisdom.

There is a plot line there though, but maybe only because the PT was so shoddy.

EU spoils everything. It should be ignored. If you ignore the Darth Plagueis book, it is only inferred to in ROTS that Palpatine killed Plagueis.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I dunno man, in the book Plagueis got totally wasted after a party. He wasn't so much as "asleep" as "totally ****-faced".

How is that not fantastically awesome? In the WTF-hilarious sort of way...

17. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    He should have seen it coming and laid off the sauce.

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    That's true.

The thing I don't get is: Lucas was okay with the writers resurrecting him, but later went on to say he didn't like the idea. It doesn't make any sense that he would allow it, but then later scoff at the idea of how it was handled. I mean, any other way they would have brought his ass back would be just as ridiculous, no? So why allow it in the first place?

Despite all that, I myself liked the idea of a Sith seeking the secret to cheating death. It makes sense that these evil and selfish bastards would crave that. And in light of the Darth Plagueis story, it might be possible that this is how he discovered how to do it, too. Plus, it made cloning in the Star Wars universe even more interesting, especially when using clones as avatars. In fact, these ideas are being used in a lot of science fiction stories nowadays, and some scientists in our world believe this could be a possible way to cheat death in the far future, but Lucas is too blind to see that himself. I feel it's one of the best things written for the EU. That's saying a lot from me, because I don't care much for the EU, anyway.

With that being said, either GL is telling us that the Sith could never achieve this secret, and that they're doomed to meet their fate regardless of what they learn of the Force, or it is possible for them to discover the secret to eternal life, but essence transfer isn't how he envisioned it.

19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Since Plagueis has no nose I think we can all agree with this
    [​IMG]
    ;)

20. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Having more Sith is one thing, having the specific Sith that Anakin killed come back a few years later AND get Luke to go to the dark side is another.

21. Corvax855

Jan 23, 2011
    Plagueis being drunk wasn't the reason Sidious was able to kill him. There's definitely something else going on here, because Plagueis was fully aware of what was happening to him, but CHOSE not to do anything. There is a brief instant when Sidious sensed that Plagueis was drawing on his power to resist, but then...nothing. Sidious assumed he was tempting his fate/powers, but who knows?

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Sidious used the Force to cut off his air supply, which prevented him from using the Force to save himself.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Corvax855

Jan 23, 2011
    Sidious used Force Lightning on Plagueis' breathing apparatus, but it took several minutes for Plagueis to suffocate, which was ample time to mount a resistance. Even if you get choked in real life, you wouldn't pass out and die instantly. Again, even Sidious remarked to himself how it seemed like Plagueis was courting death by not reacting.

Immortiss and Darth kRud like this.
  24. Darthchrontis

Darthchrontis Jedi Padawan

Feb 25, 2013
    It annoys me the whole "EU spoils everything" no it doesnt get over it. The marvel and DC universe fans dont constantly bitch, and they have sorts of madness happening in their respective universes at any point. If it wasnt for the EU the universe Star Wars would have died a death years ago.

Star wars fans are the bitchiest fans of all.

Ive aslo said this a million times before, even if you discount the book. Is palpatine a sith lord? yes! Do sith lie? yes! Deciet and lies are what the sith are all about and patience. And im not even bothered about Plagueis either way in or out of the next movie. Though i think its going to be 'in' personally. And according to Clone Wars, palpatine was trying to create a sith army of force sensitives.

Every single thread, EVERY SINGLE THREAD ends up being fans bitching about all the movies(especially the PT), the extended universe or whatever. Why are Star Wars fans so whiny? Worse than Luke and Anakin put together.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If they do use Plagueis, I would not be suprised at all if they change his appearence so general audience people wont go "Oh...they're so ripping off Voldemort . I mean they're both pale, bald. noseless guys who have recently been ressurected from the dead after seemingly been killed. TOTAL RIP OFF. GRRRR". I doubt Disney wants to risk that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.