main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Which scenes in ROTS would you cut?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    The point is, you felt free to express your opinion on that thread. As you should. So for those of us that wish to discuss the PT in an honest manner, including it's flaws, do we not have that same right?

Darth Dnej and Darth kRud like this.
  2. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    You're telling me, that in the last 8-14 years, this is the first time you've had the opportunity to voice your displeasure with the PT? You're beating a dead horse. And you're attacking it for things that are either not there, not nearly as bad as they're made to be, or are things the OT have been highly criticised for back when they came out. Seirously, not one criticism of the PT is something that the OT wasn't accused of as well.

Darkslayer and kainee like this.
  3. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm saying that I am as free to discuss my opinions as you are. And I see no reason to justify that to you or anyone else. If I chose to discuss the PT, I will. And this is the appropriate place for that discussion.

4. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    But to what end? What do you look to accomplish, other than raise the ire of people that are actually fans of the films? Answer that truthfully.

5. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    To the same end as anyone else. Why are you here? Why is anyone?

TX-20 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  6. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I wish they would change everything, so that I could hear some original complaints.

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013

8. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Also, not every comment I make about the PT is negative. I have praised some aspects of it as well. Recent examples of that would be McDiarmid's performance as Palpatine and the Order 66 montage.

I have talked about how I generally have a positive outlook on ROTS in general despite it's flaws.

So, I'm not here to simply bash anything. I share my honest thoughts.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  9. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Honestly, I don't know why I continue to return to a board that is full of people that absolutely hate the subject matter meant to be discussed there. Why would I come here? To discuss something I like with people that are of like-mind. Why would people like you come here? In my experience; to prove to the fans of the movies why their opnion is wrong, and that the movies are totally terrible with nothing good to be gleamed from them.

10. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I have found many people here that share my sensibilities as well.

11. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Where did I say otherwise? Re-read the first sentance. Here:

Never said, nor implied, that you were the only one. The line "full of people" pretty much means the opposite.

kainee likes this.
  12. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    The point being, that this place is open to us all.

Also read what I said above. I have shared both positive and negative thoughts on the PT. This is a place for debate.

13. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    But the question is why? Why continue to visit a board to trash movies you grossly dislike/hate if not just to annoy the people that actually like them? What's the point at this point? The PT ended 8 years ago. Clearly not one thing you can say hasn't been already. And this topic alone is full of responses debunking many of the issues brought up. Not to mention the rest of the topics on this board. I can't stand it. I really can't. I'm done with this board. Respond however the hell you want. You win. The PT is absolutely terrible. The OT is the holy grail. It's never been criticised by anyone ever. Especially not for things the PT were later said to be guilty of. Not one worthwhile thing worth watching every happened in a single moment from the PT. Goodbye.

14. Feelicks

Feelicks Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2012
    Vader's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

15. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant.

16. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    he does like the prequals, he was talking about those that hate it with a passion that continue to post.

I have seen CTC to be fair in his critisms and like he has said has praised some stuff.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  17. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    I agree with this post wholeheartedly. I think it was a mistake not showing the rebelion birth scene and also I liked the feel of the yoda arriving on dagobah scene which was cut...

18. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I enjoy having honest conversations about the films, both in their positive and negative aspects. I appreciate that you recognize that about me, I'm not here to troll anyone. Some seem to think that to be the case. I have my opinions, and I stand by them. I see nothing wrong with that.

kainee, Darth Dnej and Jcuk like this.
  19. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm telling.

20. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Revenge of the Sith had to cover a large scope. As it stands, many important scenes had to be taken out in favor of more crucial ones. Taking any more major scenes out of the movie would only dimish its overall effect. Even Lucasfilm was split over the decision to cut the Dagobah scene.

kainee likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks. The Rebellion scenes gave character to Padme that the rest of the movie lacked imo. They also helped give Bail more character.

kainee and mes520 like this.
  22. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I would edit the beginning to make it flow better and move a bit quicker. Eliminate some of the comic relief.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  23. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Add Anakin and Palpatine discussing changes to the constitution, this is probably my fave of the released deleted scenes. Also add Anakin's and Obi-Wan's antics on the Invisible Hand, loved the hand signals they use to communicate in front of Grievous (dvd deleted scene) plus Anakin speaking R2's language and the imitation of the droids' "roger!" (bluray deleted scene).

If I had to take something out it would probably be the scene with Anakin's conversation with Padme just after Obi-Wan leaves for Utapau. Something about it takes me out of the movie a bit for a moment. Padme's "Lost? What do you mean?" seems silly, and I didn't like the delivery, both script and acting wise of the line "I'm not the jedi I should be." It's a minor complaint that only really stands out because I love the scene prior (Anakin and Obi-Wan's last meeting as friends).

kainee and mes520 like this.
  24. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    Couldn't have said it any better. If anything I also would have liked to see more about the Sith's plan with the Death Star, and the transformation from clones to storm troopers.

kainee likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hmm. More specifics on the Death Star are needed. Maybe have Tarkin speaking in that scene saying something along the lines of the DS being able to destroy planets and will be the size of a small moon or something and Palpatine saying good good. Palpatine mentioning an overhaul of the clones suits and Star Destroyers should have been mentioned in the Speech to the Senate.