main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion www.lacwac.com/letschatlacwac - LACWAC live group chat & viewing parties. Young Jedi coming soon.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Why own it? It's on youtube for free. I honestly believe you're not a real SW fan until you've watched the Holiday Special in its entirety.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure I saw it when it originally aired.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I've never seen it. Not sure if I want to.

-shrugs-

If it's on Youtube, I might check it out some day when I'm bored.

4. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I think I agree with todd, it should be a requirement... Viewing it in a party would be pretty funny, and would make the holiday special somewhat bearable.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I was thinking maybe the viewing party thing had gotten played out. Seemed like these got more people when they were a monthly thing. I can only do them late alot of the time. Perhaps someone else should take over and decide what times would work best.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I found 10 p.m. easier than the 7 p.m. chat we did just because my kids are still awake at 7 p.m. So I don't mind late. But when the fourth episode of the arc is getting started at 1 a.m., I'm usually nodding off.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If we started at 10pm one the dot then a 4 episode arc should finish by midnight. It takes about 30 minutes atleast for everybody to show up and get situated. I guess 9:30pm would be best in the future.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't really have a dog in this fight, so do what you want, but....

this all sounds too organized. It should be more casual, people should just drop by whenever they want. It should be like the Disco, but faster. Yeah, you can watch episodes together if you want, or you can just....you know, chat. Instantly. I would encourage EVERYONE to log into the chat when they're logged into JCF. Why not? Why restrict yourself to threads that need to be refreshed? Of course, taking that further, you can just ditch JCF and chat on facebook or twitter or whatever, but that loses the Star Wars connection.

Make viewing parties whenever you want. Do three a day if you want to. Do ten a day. All it takes is for someone to go "Hey I'm hanging out in the chat while I watch TCW". If people in Australia or Europe want to do it during U.S. work/school hours, then they should go ahead and do it.

I haven't had an instant messenger since like 1999 so I don't really know anything about this stuff, but I'm pretty sure you can just make a group chat on AOL, or better, Skype.

Eh, maybe, as a community, we're not really comfortable with this. Maybe we're too anti-social, or just not interested.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's how we were doing it actually. Starting at a set time but people just wanting to come back were allowed and encouraged to come into the chat. Some kind of organization was required. Remember back to when we watch did the first viewing party? We also sometimes used the chat just to chat. Its open all the time so ya know. www.lacwac.com/letschatlacwac. It'll also see use should we ever do anything with the LACWAC homepage which is overrun with spam.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think it worked great in the days when you said, "Hey, I'm bored at work, I'm opening the chat," and people just came in. The Disco chats have been really good times, with no agenda set, people just came and left as they wanted. If one of us can open it and it doesn't have to be you, that's worth a thought.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You guys don't need me. My presence has never been a requirement. Its always open, anybody can go in at anytime and you have admin rights in the chat anakinfansince1983. So does Dark Lord Tarkas. Both you and Tarkas have run viewing parties without me. You can go in the chat at any time and use it to chat or for your own viewing parties without me.

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Alright then, from now on when I log into the JCF I'll log into the lacwac chat, too.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, thanks for clearing that up. :)

I'll log into the chat in the evenings and see who is around.

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm in the chat now and it's quiet as a tomb.

Might give Corruption a try, just for laughs.

Or I might try the Citadel arc, continuing my run through S3.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll check in an hour and a half or so; not home yet.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm in now and I'll probably hang out until 11 p.m. or so, at least off and on. I don't think I'm going to watch anything tonight, not TCW related anyway, although I'm planning to start my season 4 run soon.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I rarely socialize for the sake of socializing, in real life and on the internet. Post in here when you guys have impromptu watch parties so people know, it'd be greatly appreciated.

AkashKedavra_93 you were the one who wanted the younglings arc, right? This Sunday still good for you?

18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I will know for sure tomorrow! :)

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll lurk in the chat for a bit tonight.

21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I will be free by 9 p.m. PST.

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So... Has anyone been thinking about hosting another viewing party? :p

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hell, I'm still waiting for that micro-series viewing someone mentioned wanting to host way back when.

Togruta and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll host a Mortis viewing party; bring your own tequila shots. :p

Kidding--based on the episode ratings, most of you wouldn't want me in that chat.

I would like that micro series viewing party. Young Jedi would be great at some point but I'd rather wait until the DVDs come out.