main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah, I don't think there are enough rabid TCW fans to make Disney unable to ignore them.

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well its all a matter of opinion right now on whether we will get Disney to take action, but I choose to remain POSITIVE.

In other news SMGO.tv has been in touch with Disney regarding a crowd funded return for TRON: Uprising, and they let Savetheclonewars.com know that they will be talking to them about The Clone Wars as well. You can find the Tron voting page on their site. For fellow fans of the show, where there are avenues to speak up we should.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I agree. I don't think the noise will be loud enough to move Disney.

eht13 likes this.
  4. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It definitely won't be if we make no noise, though.

5. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We couldn't make enough noise to gain an additional 3 years of air time, true. But it's possible that we'll make enough noise that Disney will allow an additional arc or 2 to be produced to tie up any major remaining loose ends. It only takes 10 minutes to compose an email, sign the petition or send a letter, so for those of us who wanted the show to continue, why not? Even if nothing changes we can at least say we tried.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Agreed, and perhaps in the meantime we'll have the chance to connect with fellow fans of the show. I'm enjoying seeing some of the online passion from fans, tweets from all ages, and emails on progress of petitions and crowd funding campaigns. Its just nice to say that we have avenues to express ourselves and also get to know individuals who share our love for the Clone Wars.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So disappointed I missed yet another round of debates about people claiming The Clone Wars isn't Star Wars. [face_rofl]

[​IMG]

(GL especially gets a kick out of that one.)

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to admit I'm losing interest... just other things all going on around me its making feeling passionate about this more difficult. :(

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Are you saying there are other things going on in your life that has taken away your interest in saving TCW?

10. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    What is this 'life' of which you speak? :p

kubricklynch and rumblewagon like this.
  11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Correct, as well as other fandoms I'm a part of suddenly becoming interesting again :p

12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    So Bryan Young from Big Shiny Robot has another article up regarding the campaign to save the Clone Wars. I took the letter that he wrote to a fan of the campaign, as I think he makes several attention-grabbing points:

That comment about rallying back in January seems like a bitter pill to swallow (how many of us truly believed the show would get cancelled? Filoni and co. had given no reason but to be optimistic back then, only in March did alarm bells really start ringing). But he does make good points that right now we should focus our efforts on forcing Disney to release all the "bonus content" that has made it past post-production (and perhaps all of Season 6 that has already been animated, if we're lucky). Getting as much content as possible is probably all we can hope and rally for now.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "Forcing Disney to...". [face_laugh]

14. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I don't know if Disney is looking deeply into the supposedly axed story arcs to realize they contradict movie plans which would be extremely preliminary at best.

They only have a story for Episodes VII - IX because George Lucas planned out the trilogy and came up with the stories. I saw a few brief interviews with Ewan McGregor about the ST. When asked about reprising the role of Obi-Wan he made a few off-hand remarks about the ST as if it was something George had at least thought of in detail even at the time the prequels were being filmed. Going back to all the old George Lucas interviews and Mark Hamill interviews from the 70's and 80's, I think it's a safe bet the ST at least in some form has always been in George's mind.

The spin-off films are in a different category in that, presumably, George may consult on those, but hasn't come up with story treatments for them. So I'd imagine they're still in the process of contacting writers, directs, etc. to even come up with and plan the stories for those movies. I don't know if those stories are nearly as close to completion as the Sequel Trilogy.

I would say that perhaps Filoni and co. decided not to release those arcs because they leave certain characters in an even more open-ended position than they are already. For example, we know that they were planning the show for 3 more seasons, so likely a lot of things in season 6 would be working to set up the following seasons. I don't think they would have completed arcs to give Rex, Maul, etc. any kind of definitive ending. Filoni and Sam Witwer have said Maul was going to feature prominently in future seasons (beyond season 6, given that according to JAT, at the time those interviews were conducted S6 was already done and season 7 production was beginning). Ahsoka was likely to have a future on the show. I still don't think Ahoska was going to die on Clone Wars, but I think we would have had a better idea of her future in the Galaxy. Filoni heavily implied in the interview for "The Wrong Jedi", that this was a defining step toward keeping Ahsoka alive beyond TCW. Ashley Eckstein has said she was doing recording for season 6. Given that the show has prematurely ended, I imagine they would hesitate to release any arcs or episodes featuring Ahsoka at all given that as it stands now, she's one of very few characters with any kind of closure in this part of the story. I'm sure Ahsoka will have an important future in the Star Wars galaxy and I want to see it told on screen, but it would almost seem jarring to throw her into some bonus arcs for TCW at this point after "The Wrong Jedi". It would've been fine if they kept the show going, but at this point with the team disbanded, it seems highly unlikely we'll see any of the season 7 and 8 content finished.

Ultimately, I think they're going to release any bonus content they can that doesn't include Ahsoka (while she likely plays a less prominent role than in season 5, she's still an important character and though she's no longer part of the Jedi Order, I doubt Filoni would've relegated her to the sidelines completely to the point she's no more prominent than Cad Bane or Hondo), and doesn't raise even more questions than we already have.

At this point, given the direction Disney seems to be taking with the franchise, I think we can expect the new series Dave Filoni is working on to either lead into Episode VII or take place at some point during the Sequel Trilogy. In this case, I think it's unlikely we'd see many of the characters from TCW touched upon much, if at all.

I think we are going to have to accept that at least for the time being, Darth Maul, Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Mother Talzin, Asajj Ventress, Hondo Ohnaka, and Cad bane are going to remain in limbo. As long as the focus remains on the Sequel Trilogy, I don't think we'll see any return to the Old Republic, Prequel Trilogy, Dark Times, or Original Trilogy eras on screen. After Episode IX though, after Filoni is finished with the ST tie-in series (which I really am interested in seeing....hopefully the animation is the same quality as TCW), I think then we'll see a lot more opportunities open up to tell stories in other parts of the Star Wars saga. Disney is planning to keep the franchise alive well beyond Episode IX. I don't think releasing new "Episodes" every 2 - 3 years is a good idea at all, and while I'm not opposed to the idea of Episodes X - XII, I do think they need to justify anything beyond the ST becoming part of the main Star Wars saga and being named as such. There will be the opportunity to revisit these characters, but it won't be for some time. For now, I'm just going to look back, enjoy the five years we had, and consider this as a starting point for these characters. I believe they're important to the saga as a whole, and it's important that their stories be told someday. For now, they're going to focus on the Sequel Trilogy and that era. I can understand this to an extent. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker (assuming they all return...Peter seems the most questionable because of his legs, but I would imagine they could still use him for any close shots of Chewie) aren't getting any younger and I'm looking forward to seeing them all up there together on the big screen again, hopefully bringing the PT and OT together to tell a new story which combines new characters and old characters into a true epic culmination of everything that is Star Wars (at least in the movies) up to this point while simultaneously laying the groundwork for main features beyond. I do think that with the talk of multiple spin-offs, Dinsey needs to take years off between main "Episode" trilogies and only title the movies as "Episode ___" if it's directly part of the same storyline as the other movies. I'd rather not see the nearly finished TCW content if it just raises more questions. I'd rather they focus on the Sequel Trilogy for now, but eventually return to the characters established by TCW (since their stories are now completely open-ended) after Episode IX. They could then use those stories to not only finish the tale of the characters from TCW, but also set up future storylines to make the saga as a whole from Episode I to Episode IX and beyond work together as one epic narrative.

With The Clone Wars we have lost the battle, but I don't think we've lost the war. Ahsoka, Asajj Ventress, Darth Maul, Captain Rex, Hondo, Cad Bane, Mother Talzin, etc. will live to fight another day.....

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I just hope that any content we do get released does at least include some of the Anakin/Obi-Wan stories that were hinted at by JAT.

Watto and Valairy Scot like this.
  16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Indeed, Watto, that is the news that got me excited too. And if an average series like Tron can get such support, we should get the same for TCW.
    I think somebody posted on the FB that smgo.tv has contacted one of the major Save TCW pages and said that they would love to represent TCW and contact Disney about it, but they have already two Disney shows to deal with.
    I hope they do get around to doing The Clone Wars petition.

With a little more motivation, even the laziest fans could chip in and help the vote.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    OK, I am seeing some folks have waning interest in the campaign here... I can understand since we haven gotten very little feedback. Other shows and movies come up to take up our interest. I would encourage folks who really care about it to keep momentum going and try to continue the influx of folks to support the campaign through all the different channels we have available.

Bryan Young's blog post is reasonable and he brings up some things to think about despite the "bitter pill". I would be OK with refocusing the campaign on getting all of the Season 6 content for now since his sources have told him that there is quite a bit more than the two arcs-- I'm willing to be cautiously optimistic. Charles Murphy (Ahsoka arc) confirmed on Twitter that he wrote some stuff for S6/S7. If we support that content they could always bring in more animation resources to finish some more episodes.

18. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    personally i cant see the new tv series leading up to ep7
    surely they want to keep secrets about the new trilogy, a new series in my opinion would let to much info out of the bag.
    im hoping for dark times which shows vader mopping up the galaxy and bounty hunters / black sun causing grief.
    if not that a shadows of the empire timeline or something close could be good

19. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Tron was better than TCW. There, I said it.

20. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Yes, we know you said it, it's right there. You don't need to tell us that you said it after you say it.

I wasn't impressed with Tron myself. TCW, on the other hand...

21. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    You don't need to say you know I said it. ;)

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am not sure if this has been posted here, but here I go anyway...

I will disagree, but we have different opinions! Tron will never be as cool as Star Wars!

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I just listened to that podcast, I was happy to hear a nice long interview with Kyle... but like you said his rally cry for the #SaveTheCloneWars campaign is epic! Everyone who's on board with this needs to listen to that, he is really getting to the heart of the matter about what Disney is doing to Star Wars as a whole, and what specifically we as fans should be doing to speak up about that and the Clone Wars in particular. It got me fired up for sure.

24. bluelantern714

bluelantern714 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2013

Wow, just listening to the end of this got me really fired up. A "massive disrespect" is right. Not just every TCW fan, but every Star Wars fan needs to listen to this. Just the people on this thread alone need to stop posting about how it's "all over" and let Disney know that this is not acceptable. Like Newman said, think about all the people that just lost their jobs after investing nine years in this. We can at least do some kind of Twitter campaign every Saturday like the fans of Young Justice and Green Lantern: the Animated Series did. And as far as Kickstarters go, if Veronica Mars can do it (who even knows who that is anymore?), Star Wars sure as hell can. The community really needs to rally together here if we want to get any kind of closure.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    He's still trying to find attention? I find that hilarious.

(I am not trying to dissuade you guys, but I am often annoyed by that Kyle Newman guy)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.