main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion George's original concept story line ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by princessnikki, Apr 7, 2013.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    To add to what I was trying to say about Shmi, maybe they could explore these Annikin, Kane and Deak characters if they were to go the finding of her family background route.

2. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I'll take that bet.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    It's GL's original outlines regarding the main villain not being seen until the final chapter that makes me think Plagueis, Sidious' master, is gonna be the main villain reveal at the end. If it wasn't for the original outlines I wouldn't even consider it.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I would be completely satisfied if the villain was Plagueis. He's the only character who has a chance of living up to what Ian McDiarmid did as Sidious in my opinion. He ties to the first 6 movies, and yet he is completely new because we have never seen him on screen. Also it seemed, according to the Plagueis book, that he kind did away with the idea of 2 Sith. Therefore Anakin's achievements are not undone. Plagueis would most likely be the start of a new kind of Sith, similar to the One Sith in the EU.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Plagueis cheating death was explained in ROTS, but explaining where he was all this time will be the hard thing to accept from most fans. They're better off just coming up with some unknown new Force Born starting up his own evil sect. Sort of like what Tom Riddle did in the HP franchise.

Apart from Vader and Palpatine, what other villains did GL come up with in his original notes?

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope I'm here when Episode 35 is being produced so I can still be reading:

I bet this is the film where we'll finally see the Whills!!!

darklordoftech, Blip, Vthuil and 3 others like this.
  7. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah kind of have to agree with you about plagueis, would be too hard to convince an audience where he was all this time.

Also, from a story perspective i believe sidious is far more powerful than plagueis ever was. If plagueis was still alive he would have felt it. Also pretty sure when he killed him he would have made certain he was dead. Also sidious was a human and plagueis was a Muun (I think) and I don't mean to sound speciast but humans are far more superior than Muun's. humans have a bigger brain.

8. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    Two points that would go against your hypotheses. (Great topic by the way).

1) "If plagueis was still alive he would have felt it." - - Well Sidious was alive and Yoda didn't feel it. So maybe Plagueisdid an awesome job of concealing himself until he was ready to strike.

2) "Also pretty sure when he killed him he would have made certain he was dead" - - Well Obi Wan should have made sure Anakin was dead, but he didn't. He assumed he would burn to death. Maybe Plagueis and Sidious fought and Plagueis was mortally wounded/ unconscious even and Sidious thought he was dead.

But if Plagueis is to make an appearance, how the heck do u explain that after all these years, what was he doing?

B

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Obviously he was hunting down the boy wizard Harry Potter....wait...thats a different bald noseless guy. Nevermind ;)

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    It's possible that Plagueis was only interested in immortality, and that he faked his death so he can hide on some remote paradise world where no one can find him. I don't know, but no matter what they come up with, it'll be weak.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Aw, you beat me to it, greg.

And @Saintheart, this is five bucks U.S.? Oh, and are we just talking Episode VII, or the entire ST? 'Cause I don't want to have to wait another eight, nine years to collect my fin. ;)

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That was my thought on Plagueis as well. But I disagree that whatever they come up with would be "weak."

Darth Bane?

Darth kRud and darklordoftech like this.
  13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah pretty gross that they kissed more then twice before return of the jedi! In fact they may have even gone too second base threw out the eu! [face_sick]

14. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    True, but I'm stating that sidious was more powerful than yoda (yoda even acknowledges this in the ROTS novel) and therefore sidious was able to conceal himself.

Secondly, Obiwan was extremely emotional after battling anakin and probably couldn't have bought himself to giving him a coup de grace. Palpatine on the other would have been clinical and efficient in killing his master...

15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    And now dead.

Or was he?

Uncertainty rippled through Sidious, rage returning to his eyes. A tremor of his own making, or one of forewarning?

Was it possible that the wily Muun had deceived him? Had Plagueis unlocked the key to immortality, and survived after all? Never mind that it would constitute a petty move for one so wise—for one who had professed to place the Grand Plan above all else. Had Plagueis become ensnared in a self-spun web of jealousy and possessiveness, victim of his own engineering, his own foibles?

If he hadn’t been concerned for his own safety, Sidious might have pitied him.

Wary of approaching the corpse of his former Master, he called on the Force to roll the aged Muun over onto his back. From that angle Plagueis looked almost as he had when Sidious first met him, decades earlier: smooth, hairless cranium; humped nose, with its bridge flattened as if from a shock-ball blow and its sharp tip pressed almost to his upper lip; jutting lower jaw; sunken eyes still brimming with menace—a physical characteristic rarely encountered in a Muun. But then Plagueis had never been an ordinary Muun, nor an ordinary being of any sort.

Sidious took care, still reaching out with the Force. On closer inspection, he saw that Plagueis’s already cyanotic flesh was smoothing out, his features relaxing.

Faintly aware of the whir of air scrubbers and sounds of the outside world infiltrating the luxurious suite, he continued the vigil; then, in relief, he pulled himself up to his full height and let out his breath. This was no Sith trick. Not an instance of feigning death, but one of succumbing to its cold embrace. The being who had guided him to power was gone.

The novel does a good job of going back and forth on this matter, but in the end, Palpatine, it seems, at least, has convinced himself.

16. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    I gotta read that book.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    The book was very good. I loved the portrayal of the Sith having a double life. It felt almost like they were mobsters in a way - wheeling and dealing with politicians and the underworld.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Like a lot of other novels (and films, too, for that matter), it has it's points where it slows down, but it does offer what I found to be an intriguing take on Palpatine's roots and goes into great detail regarding his training. Along with this, a light is shined upon the heritage of the Sith as a culture, the nature of power, the intricacies of the Sith 'Grand Plan' (and the Republic's internal strife), and Maul's origins and place in the Order. Of course, it answers almost every question one could have about Plagueis, himself (except, perhaps, his ultimate fate, as the section I quoted illustrates).

Yeah, I mean, I'd recommend it to almost any SW fan.

19. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Was "Deak" not used as "Dack" in ESB as Luke's gunner in the snowspeeder?

• If they were to use the idea of a younger sibling, please don't let it be that they were Luke and Leia were triplets and the other baby was hidden.
    • Even worse would be that Anakin was a twin and the other child was taken from Shmi without her knowing, leaving her with the weaker Anakin. This child could have been hidden by Plageuis to be trained as his apprentice, as he knew Palpatine would try to over throw him. After playing dead and lying low he can make his return alongside Anakin's twin to claim the Empire.
    • Worse still, just before his demise the Emporer found how to create life and created a being made from darkside force energy and set for it's training to be continued even in his absence. It's this being that is the main "baddie" in EpVII (i'm thinking a non-human, more Predator/Alien, but trained in the ways of the Sith)

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  20. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm off to Benidorm at the end of May, n my bro is getting me the book for my birthday shortly before. So I shall enjoy reading it next to the pool supping a cocktail [face_dancing]

21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Now that sounds like a fine way to experience the book. Cheers!

Darth Chiznuk and StoneRiver like this.
  22. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    In all my time here, this is the first thing I've seen that might make me think Plagueis... GL's obsessive need to make everything "fit".
    [face_thinking]

Darkslayer and darklordoftech like this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree, that's an interesting point, StoneRiver.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    I am right in thinking the Emperor was inserted into RotJ cuz good ol' George was having personal issues and was generally fed up with Star Wars at the time aren't I? But that wasn't the original plan?

Plagueis being referenced in the PT and the ambiguity of the book combined with my point above sure is swinging me towards him appearing in the ST. If he's not in EPVII but is referenced, you can bet your bottom dollar he will be revealed in EPIX. Theoretically anyway, as per the original outlines.

25. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    In the book, Plagueis seemed to spend a lot of time studying people as they died, or rather studying how the Force leaves them when they die. He could've been spending all this time continuing his studies in immortality while oserving the big galactic war. What if he somehow came up with the idea for the Death Star and was somewhere in the outskirts, observing the Force as billions were vaporized in seconds.

He'd be very different from Palpay though considering Palgueis seemed to be more of a stoic mad scientist while Sidious was a large ham with lightning.