main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I was hoping for a scene where the dwarves fart competitively for three and a half minutes. You just know Jackson has some dwarf fart-humor scene stashed away somewhere.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well then there should also be a scene where Gandalf steps in troll poop and does a super saiyan scream for 7-8 minutes.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, I don't really care too much about special features. My favorite special features are deleted scenes :p I don't need to watch animatics or commentary. It would be fun to see the extra footage, but not $50 of fun.

eht13 likes this.
  5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Libraries. Seriously. At least see the EE films...
    And I think the features are fabulous.

MrZAP likes this.
  6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, I saw that about the libraries :p And it's a good idea; I'll have to see if mine carries them.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Now that I think about it I'm not sure I've seen the EE for Two Towers. Maybe years ago or something. I generally watch the regular versions, but I do like the EEs I have seen.

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I've sort of forgotten that there were ever such things as the theatrical editions. The EEs are the only way to fly.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    A interesting new video

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Other than this I have no idea what will be in the EE.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well wasn't there that scene where Gandalf catches a moth in the Rivendell scene and Saruman proceeds to slowly pull off its wings while droning on in a dull voice?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    While bitching about how he hates Gwaihir and the eagles.

14. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I want a Hobbit movie that isn't able to be meaningfully described as having a "last two hours".

15. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My library only has the theatrical editions, not the EE. At any rate, I think I prefer the theatrical editions. The EE were cool, but for repeat viewings I think the three-hour theatrical version is more enjoyable.

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I've not seen the theatrical versions since the cinema, but I have a feeling that were I to see them again they would feel longer than the EEs. Why? Because I'd be so frustrated at not seeing stuff I know should be there that it would be a less enjoyable experience. So I'd notice the length (which is significant even in the theatrical versions). The EEs work so much better, immerse me more effectively, so they seem to glide past.

18. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I've forgotten alot of the theatrical editions completely, minus FOTR which used to be on Encore alot and I would always watch despite owning them. But the whole time I would wonder where the EE scenes were at.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well hold on now. Hold on. This is almost suggestive of some heinous plot concocted by the nation of New Zealand to get people so completely immersed into a film about their country audience members eventually 1) forget to eat/drink/other bodily functions and die or 2) become inundated with subliminal messages and swear fealty to the New Zealand nation. Either way New Zealand succeeds in world domination.

I'm not so sure I support these EEs anymore.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    So much hate for this film. Well thank goodness some of you folks don't rule the world.

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I kind of sympathize with Saruman. Imagine if your smunderlings had private conversations at official meetings. How would you feel if you were being personally dirsrespected with absolutely no recognition that you were even in the room?

At least Sauron might have listened to him.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The movie was awesome, don't know why some people hate considering it kept close to the book

23. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    I liked the movie, but honestly....really wasn't that close to the book. Had the major events in name, but they were often very much different...in the last two hours.

Bacon164 likes this.
  24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Haters gonna hate.

25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I really liked The Hobbit, but it's still an undoubtedly flawed film. The material itself is well directed. The acting is good and the visuals are for the most part nicely done, which is more than can be said for many big budget blockbusters. But the way it is edited leaves much to be desired though. And that's the film's biggest flaw.

For example in the very opening we see Ian Holm's Bilbo writing There and Back Again, which was a nice way of helping keep a consistency with the LotR movies and helps the audience get used to Martin Freeman as Bilbo. But then the scene runs too long by holding a conversation with Frodo when it really should have transitioned to 60 years earlier upon having Bilbo quote the novel's famous opening sentence. The film is filled with such self-indulgent fluff that if shaved off would have produced a leaner, better movie.

NYCitygurl and Mar17swgirl like this.