main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Variety: "There will be at least one Star Wars movie a year"

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    This is unfortunately true. A lot of the screenwriting process seems to evolve around getting certain elements into the movie that are known to sell well.

For example male action stars almost always have an alpha personality.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It is kind of a strange thought but I'd kinda view a Disney version of Star Wars, featuring the continuing adventures of the OT cast, as a failure if it isn't the biggest movie of all time.

If they can't top something like Avatar with a film franchise that is as beloved as Star Wars is I'd be surprised.

And I thought Avatar was complete rubbish, but look at the money it made.

Ryus and eht13 like this.
  3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, nothing you are going to say is going to convince me because I don't agree with your opinion; it isn't about "getting it," it is all speculation at this point; I would say that you are the one not "getting it." You are making a huge sweeping generalization about people's opinion of the PT; you aren't some kind of mass mind reader that can represent everyone's opinion about the PT, and the fact that people paid for movie tickets and DVDs/blurays speaks a whole lot louder than one person's half-baked assumptions. I don't think people buy things because they DON'T like them. ROTS sold really well, and people had 2 movies to decide that they disliked the prequels and weren't going to buy them, but that isn't what happened.

There are a huge variety of factors over the next few years that will determine how well it sells. Making some sort of "period" statement about how much it will sell at this point is just silly; you are pontificating.

4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh, that's what it is? I had one, and didn't even know what to call it!

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Agreed, especially given who they have enlisted as director and screenwriter.

6. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Ooooookay.

Am I not allowed to pontificate? I like pontificating.

7. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    On that note, I think I'm going to go watch TPM on one of those blu-rays I bought, and have a mild fangasm. =P~

8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    You didn't know the meaning!?!? I thought you where teasing. Sorry for the mix up [face_laugh]

9. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I like Star Wars movies (obviously otherwise I wouldn't be here...) but I've my doubts and concerns about a movie a year (and perhaps more) so that SW become like a marvel franchise. I am not sure it would work that well. Star Wars is one universe involving many era but it's essentially in the tone of Star Wars. It is not the case with the various superheroes of the Marvel comics. So it can become quickly desinteresting for the casual public. Also, I am afraid SW will loose in quality. It is inevitable at this rate that some movie would be simply like crap while other might be just ''good''.

Jedi Comedian likes this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Actually, I was originally joking, but that is a good word to describe what happened to many of us when we heard there would be more SW movies. I would every so often scour the net to see if there was any news of a new one, and one day, I pull up CNN.com, and there it is, BAM!!! The sale to Disney, Episode 7, on and on!!! Instant fangasm!!!

11. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    I will have a come apart if a KOTOR movie is ever made.

Gahhhhhh, that would be so awesome.

12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    They should film VII, VIII, and IX simultaneously (a la LotR) and release them in 2015, 2016, and 2017 so that Episode IX comes out on the 40th anniversary of Star Wars, completing the Saga.

Could be why Kasdan and Kinberg were brought in, so that all 3 scripts could be written at the same time.

eht13 and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  13. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I agree with this. Back to the Future II and III were also filmed at the same time for similar reasons. It would also be wise considering the age of the big three. They could always film scenes with Mark, Harrison and Carrie alone against a green screen ahead of time, in case they want to edit something with them in later. Kind of like contingency filming.

14. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    If there are going to be any spin off movies it might be the story of Star Killer or with the sucess of Pirates of the Caribbean I can see also see a spin off movie concering Tyber Zann. I would also like to see the Clone Wars get a final Movie Based on the book: Labyrinth of Evil

2013: Conclusion of the Clone Wars TV series
    2014: Final Clone Wars Movie: Labyrinth of Evil (Unless they Address this in the Series!)
    2015: Episode VII
    2016: Spin of Star Wars Forces of Corruption" The Tyber Zann Story
    2017: Episode VIII
    2018: Spin of Star Wars "The Force Unleashed" The Story of Galen Marek AKA Starkiller "
    2019: Episode IX
    2020: Star Wars TV Series

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Episode 7 may not make 2 billion dollars, but given Disney's track record and the fact it's Star Wars, I think it will overtake TPM as the highest grossing SW movie ever and approach the level of Avengers. Remember, ticket inflation is insane these days. Almost every summer blockbuster these days gets the top 20 grossing list.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.