main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Is this the first time we've heard that Mary Jo Markey's gonna be the ACE on Episode 7?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No matter how many times I have viewed it, that AntMan test footage never ceases to be inspired.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The Ant-Man footage is amazing, hopefully a exciting way to start Phase 3!

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I always liked Pierce. It will be hard to picture him with the face of Robert Redford, though. :p

Also, this finally confirms that Emily VanCamp's role is Agent 13 (most likely Sharon Carter and the Agent 13 name is used in the credits just to avoid giving away the twist).

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also I think this is the first time they've confirmed Sitwell is returning for TWS, but I could be mistaken there.

The way it's listed, it would be both Jeffrey Ford AND Mary Jo Markey. Not sure if thats new info or not.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Mrs. Inty already can't wait for TWS.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    According to the Nerdist.com, Angel's J. August Richards has joined "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" as an 'unknown, super-secret character.'

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Every time I see Thor and Padme together, I lament that AotC wasn't made late enough for Hemsworth to be cast as Anakin.

He'd have been perfect. Not least because he's actually got the Vader height.

Oh, and actual chemistry with Portman.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Agreed 100%. It doesn't matter though. Lucas would still have hired HC or someone worse because, well, he had already lost his marbles, fallen to the Dark Side or whatever other reason you can think of for everything that was wrong with the PT.

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Black Panther?

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Isn't he a DC character?

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Apparently some Captain America costume concept art:

[​IMG]

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    So they decided that it was the red that was making Cap look goofy?

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I think the red is still there, in shadows. It's kind of a weird cross between the Heroic Age "Commander Rogers" look and the costume from the first movie.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Regardless, it really isn't much of an improvement over the costume he wore in Avengers. I really prefer the outfit he wore during WW2.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I do too, but I like that concept art much better than the Avengers costume. That was awful.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

Oh, you're right- I missed that at first glance since the chest logo is hidden behind the arm pose. That's awesome. I loved that uniform design, with the logo in the middle and the white stripes going around the shoulders/sleeves (I'm seriously bummed there hasn't been a t-shirt yet, to my knowledge; I guess the sleeves make it too tricky for a quick t-shirt manufacture).

[​IMG]

Looking at that, with the red "blood stripes" going down the legs and the strap boots, TWS's look is based on this design without a doubt.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There is a t-shirt of that uniform. Keep in mind that the atmosphere of CA:TWS is a political thriller/espionage/conspiracy so not only does the "Captain Rogers" outfit make sense from a "going off the grid" plot point, but the muted color scheme of that uniform lends itself well to the film's tone.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    As I read through the cast list I couldn't stop murmuring "Cool!" and "Oh, wow!" in breathless excitement. Robert Redford as Agent Pierce! Anthony Mackie as Falcon! ScarJo returning as Black Widow! Stan returning as Buckie/WS! And Hayley Atwell (who impressed the bejeezus out of me in Pillars of the Earth) as... Peggy? Not Sharon? [face_thinking] Don't tell me... she loveded Cap so much she put herself in cryo-sleep?[face_dunno]

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Emily VanCamp is Sharon. Peggy is apparently in flashbacks.

I'm wondering why they spoiled Bucky as the Winter Soldier right in the press release, though -- are they not going to draw that out at all in the film, for the audience not exposed to the comics? Or are they expecting that anyone who could find about it or follow press releases is already going to have found out?

23. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I will accept flashbacks of Hayley as a consolation prize for her not being the lead. They might have cast her as her own niece, she could have pulled it off nicely.

As to Bucky, my guess is the studio realizes most non-fans don't know who Bucky or WS are, and if they did know they wouldn't care. It's not exactly Vader-is-Anakin in its degree of import.

EDIT: That sounds snarky and I didn't mean it to be. Just that the public won't be wowed by the news either way.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I assume it'd be easier to market the "Cap vs his friend" angle than the "Who is Winter Soldier?" angle- especially since the common knowledge of the answer amongst comic readers would quickly dispel any possible "Is he Khan?"-type viral speculation.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, for those not that versed in the Comics, "friend against friend" is a much easier way to connect that audience to, what I presume, is the sequel's story, rather than "Who is this mysterious Winter Soldier and why is he after Cap?" angle would be.