main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *blinks*. What?

FWIW, I don't care one way or another, Ventress was a Dark Sider who worked for Dooku for awhile, call her a Sith or don't, she's still Ventress.

But it seems that the apprentice of a Sith is a Sith from what we've seen.

fett 4 likes this.
  2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Darth Maul is a Sith; hence the name "Darth". Also, Maul's defeat on Naboo isn't subjective.

3. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    An ex-Sith. See, TCW is what you get when you let a fanboy in a cowboy hat direct Star Wars.

4. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    No, a rival Sith. Furthermore, even if he were an "ex-sith", it would still give credence to Obi-Wan's line in ROTS given the fact that he dealt with someone who was still trained into a Sith.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If one cared, one could say that he was a Sith, and that his defeat and replacement revoked that status.

Sidious said there can only be two, and Maul was no longer his apprentice, he had been replaced.

If one cared for such distinctions.

Imo, "Sith Lords are our specialty" doesn't make much sense either way if taken seriously, even if you count Maul, Savage and Ventress.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Luke Skywalker: "Dave is a great man!"

Seriously though, I think its great that Filoni was on board and he has been a great steward for the franchise. Under his watch we have gotten 100+ Star Wars episodes over the years and they have carried on and rivaled the legacy of GL's films. I'm glad he is still on board for the next animated series and all that mentorship under GL is being utilized going forward.

7. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Dooku thinks he's a Sith, as does Maul, Savage, Ventress. But at the end of the day, all that matters is what the man in my avatar thinks.

Cevan, Zer0, KED12345 and 5 others like this.
  8. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I doubt Obi-Wan knew that Maul did not count as a Sith any longer(in Sidious's view) when he said those words("Sith Lords are our speciality").

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It's a "history is written by the victor" kind of thing, or "might makes right." Whether or not Maul is a true Sith depends on who you ask, and who has the might/victory to back up their claim.

Maul: Yeah huh, I'm a Sith.
    Palpatine: Nuh uh!

If Maul and Savage won and they wanted to retroactively label Sidious a traitor to the Sith by taking on a Jedi as an apprentice and labeling said ex-Jedi a "pretender" who would doubt them? It happened a lot in the real world when it comes to the changing of dynasties. If a dynasty is weakened and overthrown, another moves in and if it succeeds often makes great strides to legitimize its own rule. If they fail and are suppressed, then they'll likely just be remembered as a failed rebellion of traitors.

When the Han dynasty of China weakened and the Cao-Wei dynasty succeeded it, what right did they have to do so? It's pretty much built solely on their ability to coerce the former Emperor to step down because Cao-Wei is stronger. If Maul and Savage want to call themselves Sith, well history would remember them as such had they won against Sidious, but they didn't. So they are just failed pretenders themselves.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    As I said, even if we count Maul, I don't think the line makes much sense if taken seriously.

Neither Kenobi or Skywalker have an amazing track record against Sith Lords heading into ROTS.

Unless watching while a Sith Lord kills your girlfriend makes Sith Lords your specialty.

If we're taking that obvious attempt at levity serious, then I'd say Kenobi and Skywalker's specialty is chopping up droids.

This whole line of discussion started over "Maul is what makes that line make sense", which is so trivial I'm not sure why I bother to discuss it.

The line doesn't need to make sense, it's a bit of levity and bravado from Kenobi.

Sable_Hart and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Sith Lords are our specialty" is such a stupid line that Palpatine was probably using all his skills to avoid laughing his ass off.

Blackout, Sable_Hart and TaradosGon like this.
  12. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    TaradosGon, have you by any chance seen The Three Kingdoms series? It's based off of the events you described(the fall of the Han and the rise of the Cao-Wei kingdom). If you haven't, you should give it a chance. I find the writing for the show quite good. I mean just look at this badass conversation right here:

At least watch it until 2:28.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    It's possible that Maul makes that line worse, because the last time Kenobi saw a Sith Lord, the Sith Lord shanked his girlfriend in front of him, so I'm not sure why Kenobi would be smiling and making light-hearted, confident comments.

kubricklynch likes this.
  14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Yeah, I was watching the show on Youtube. I can't remember at what episode I stopped on. I think around the time of the Emperor's plot to have Cao Cao assassinated. The novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms off which the show is based is also available for free online at threekingdoms.com (scroll down to see the chapters). A friend of mine introduced me to the hard copy of the novels, but I felt they made for fairly dry reading. Though they are about 1/3 fiction, 2/3 historically accurate (or so I've heard).

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    BTW, I asked Matt Michnovetz on Twitter if this upcoming bonus content Order 66 foreshadowing arc was the Fives arc he referred to earlier. He said this one is not his, and said he hopes we do get to see his later.

16. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Huh? That's really interesting. I was under the impression that those were one and the same.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Matt M. told me that this one is definitely not his, but wouldn't reveal what he actually worked on. Brent F. tweeted a couple months ago that he did write a clone arc, so the Order 66 one could be his.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree this is really interesting and sad sensed I'm a clone fan. I could have sworn there was either a discussion or rumor that there was a missing Matt Michovetz arc from season 5. I mean he was the guy in the head writers chair for season 5 and we didn't get a single arc from him so I had thought that might be true. This sounds like even Fives may not get a resolution which I always thought he, along with the fallen dominoes were supposed to be the one true cradle to grave stories in TCW. We saw Fives in training, on his first assignment, and then through a couple big event in his life. I guess I wouldn't mind Fives being one of the open ended characters as much as Rex.

Hah, Disney since your considering a movie for every character and their moms how about an Echo and Fives movie? =b

Sgt Crowfield and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow, just so you have some context, he actually did imply that he wrote a Fives arc but he just said this was not the one. Here's the tweet, make what you will of it. I think his first tweet implies he thought i meant "bonus content" in general, so I had to clarify that i meant the specific "Order 66" clip:

@Halabrew
    @MattMichnovetz is the @TheCloneWars episode you promised with "Fives" the one in Filoni's "Future of the Clone Wars" preview?
    [​IMG]Matt Michnovetz@MattMichnovetz
    @Halabrew@TheCloneWars I sure hope so!

@Halabrew@MattMichnovetz@theclonewars
    c'mon man, we all saw the clip now, you can say if that one is yours..​
    [​IMG]Matt Michnovetz@MattMichnovetz@Halabrew@TheCloneWars It's not one of mine.
    9:42 AM - 1 Apr 13 · Details

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think we need to dig up the old info from last years SDCC and compare. That's really interesting. I'm guessing Matt's arc was actually the fabled Clone Commando arc that was reportedly in development. I think Fives was said to be in it. I am not going to old my breath for that arc. That sounded like it was beyond season 6. I'm wondering now just how much of a role Fives will play in this order 66 arc.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well he is one of the major players in that bonus content clip, so at least you will be able to see Fives one last time and say goodbye :_|
    Also, Matt seems optimistic in the the tweet "I sure hope so!" about seeing his S6 material whatever it is... he wrote some good stuff so even if its not clone-related... which it still could be... I'm eager to see it. There's no guarantee what we will get, but I'd like to stay optimistic with Bryan Young's info and keep pushing to get as much as we can of S6.

Good call on the SDCC info, I'd like to see that again also, after all, we don't have anything new to review :( I was looking at an old interview from end of S4 where Dave mentioned that Dooku would be dealt with more directly in the future and how his situation differs with Maul in the picture (!)

22. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I thought Matt Michnovetz said a while back on twitter that his season 5 arc was bumped out of the Season because of the Young Jedi arc, so that makes it sound like the episodes were finished.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yup, could be a different arc though. Cad Bane or Yoda arc maybe? Unfortunately besides the Order 66 prelude and Clovis arcs, those are the only two we have heard about being in any state of completion. Hopefully they are sitting on a treasure trove of new material... I remain optimistic, but setting expectations that they may not have that much done.

Random Comments likes this.
  24. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    As we know Matt did not write Order 66 arc and he might not have written the Clovis arc, this mean we will probably get 3 arcs at least but I am wondering which arc it could be, like you said Bane or Yoda arc or something completely different, JAT talks about episodes which explores more the friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin, if the animation of those one is done.

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    As Maul found out the hard way.
    [​IMG]

Zer0, Sable_Hart and Random Comments like this.