main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Things you didn't like about AOTC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Feelicks, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Can someone point me to a list of or comparison of the aforementioned Bluray changes?
    I'm interested to see the difference.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The only thing I did not like was the cringy bad lines between Anakin and Padme. But those are tolerable. The movie rules.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Here.

Random Comments likes this.
  4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    He was daring Jango's body to get up and make his day.:p

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He was reading a lot of Traviss at the time.

6. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    He was taunting it. Or trying to look like a had ultimate power. I don't know, he just looked stupid.

7. powersRweak

powersRweak Jedi Knight

Feb 2, 2013
    Mace is confused that this screentime isn't being spent exploring more important things than Boba Fetts dads death.

kubricklynch and Dredalus like this.
  8. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I agree. That was dumb.

9. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I didn't really mind Mace looking down at Jango...he looks up at the others to begin with, and I take him looking down as a bit of a moment of reflection of what he'd just done, kinda thing. The initial look up was the "Yeah....I'm a badass" type look IMO.

I really enjoyed AOTC but the one thing I didn't like were some of the lines between Ani and Obi - their relationship just seemed a tiny bit strained, I would have preferred if their exchanges were a little less rigid and bit more "friendly". Also, I dislike how Anakin seems to stop moving for half a second while Dooku cuts his arm off. Other than that, though, good movie :)

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How so?

11. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I agree with you on this. I feel like there was too much tension between them, right from the beginning when Anakin immediately rebels against his master's intentions with protecting the senator. I feel like it was too much like, "This is strictly a teaching relationship, don't step on each others toes."

12. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Does anyone else kinda dislike Mace in general? I feel like his character was portrayed as a complete ******* jedi.

13. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I thought he was pointless.

Sitara and Han Yolo like this.
  14. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Exactly!! It was like he was always there, not really doing anything except being a dick.

I think the fact that I am not a fan of Samuel L Jackson might be a factor, but still...just like you said, pointless.

15. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Totally. Like, I don't like his actor, but I also felt like his role in the movies was dumb. He doubted Anakin, thought he had authority, and was slain. That's it. Cool, good job Mace!

16. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I thought it was just me who found Mace Windu totally pointless.

You'ere the first two I think on this board that has ever agreed with me.

However AOTC I found him tolerable, and wan't nearly as mean and hard hearted as he was in the other two.

lbr789 and Sitara like this.
  17. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Ultimate power? Are you sure you don't mean.....

UNLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!![face_laugh]

Dredalus and Random Comments like this.
  18. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Never was there anyone ever as badly miscast as Sam Jackson as Mace Windu. Lets be honest here: He was only hired to fill the diversity quotient with regards to African Americans, just like Lando in ESB and ROTJ.

Now having a diverse human race is superb and I am all for it. BUT, it should not come at the expense of the story. A Jedi Master is supposed to be calm and serene, not to mention a kick ass duelist and powerful in the Force. Liam Neeson fit all of that very well. Mace did not at all.

In fact, if they were really going to have him say so few lines, why not just hire a stuntman? Look how good Ray Park made Maul look, and by extension he made Obi Wan and Qui Gon look good too. Imagine how good a real martial artist/wushu expert/fencer could have made Sidious look during Sidious vs Mace.

Imagine Jet Li or Donnie Yen as Mace Windu. Jet Li can actually look quite wise in some of his roles, and his action without a doubt would have been incredible to witness.

19. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm with you guys, but I share the same general dislike of Jackson's acting.

However, for me he does serve a purpose. He shows how blind the Jedi were, and how arrogant and stubborn they'd become (he should have let Anakin come and help him aprehend Palpatine).

20. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm not sure I agree the character Mace was completely pointless. There needed to be a representative of the current Jedi Order there when Anakin chose his allegiance. What better person to be betrayed by Anakin than the Master who was most dismissive of him from the start? I do agree that Mace should have taken Anakin with him... he was the chosen one afterall, and it seems intended that Mace embodied the more arrogant qualities of the Jedi Order. And it also seems that it was purposely done to show the Jedi and the Republic had become stagnant, and that the lines were blurred for Anakin when he sees a Jedi Master using the same logic as a Sith ("He's too dangerous to be left alive!"). But having said all this, I think the fact that it is a betrayal is sometimes overshadowed by these other factors. Mace, in his own words ("If what you have told me is true, you will have gained my trust"), was trusting Anakin at the point Anakin arrives at the Chancellor's office (ironically it was too late). Look at the "stay back" hand gesture he gives Anakin when Anakin arrives at the office to see Palpatine cowering in a corner. It signifies Mace is relieved an ally has arrived. If Anakin had been brought along it would have been very different, and Anakin's fear and desperation likely wouldn't have been as overwhelming as it was when the two sides basically gave him an ultimatum. Like The Emperor, in his arrogance, is blind to the fact that Vader is about to turn on him in ROTJ, Mace is blind to the fact that Anakin, a long-time ally, is going to side with Palpatine. Maybe the way I'm explaining my stance is confusing... but although Mace made the huge mistake of trying to kill Palpatine when it was prophecised Anakin had to kill him, I don't think Mace is the scapegoat many fans label him as. Mace's saber flying out the window when Anakin goes past the point of no return and participates in his murder symbolises the end for the good guys. I think this moment is where Anakin has sold his soul as the only solution he thought he had, and although Mace provoked him, this death is the first that really seals the deal that Anakin has betrayed the Jedi, and himself.

21. CrashTheHedgehog100

CrashTheHedgehog100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    I didn't like the way that it completely ruined Darth Vader. It's hard to still imagine him as an evil and scary guy in the Original Trilogy after seeing both Episode 2 and 3.

I did like the introduction to the Clones though, but that's it.

22. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    That does make sense. He served as more of symbol is what you're saying. That works.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    For me Darth Vader stopped being simply an evil and scary guy when I first watched ROTJ. He became much more than that.

24. Feelicks

Feelicks Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2012
    He was having teenage problems.

Even the most nefarious of villains have teenage problems.

powersRweak likes this.
  25. powersRweak

powersRweak Jedi Knight

Feb 2, 2013
    I agree, Darth Vader was nothing more than evil and scary until I watched ROTJ.
    I too think he became much more - a tragic figure, not so evil, yet more scary in a way. I still feel shocked to see his face.

But on the other hand I still feel shocked to see Darth Vader as a typical moody teenager. I'm sure he was, I know I was, but I wouldn't want to watch a film about myself at that age either.