main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"This deal is getting worse all the time!"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by IG_2000, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Like you did?

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  2. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Someone asked a question. I answered based on KL's past behavior. The poster above was so bothered by what I said, yet had nothing to add, that he desperately has to tell me he's put me on ignore. The sad thing is I have no idea who he is, so why would I care?

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    ARAJediMaster likes this.
  4. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I realize that business is business, and that Star Wars makes a huge heaping pile of money, but if that's ALL Disney's decisions are based then we have cause to be worried about the future of our beloved franchise. :(

5. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I do wonder sometimes that after all that has gone down since George sold Lucasfilm/Star Wars, if he doesn't ever think to himself, to quote Anakin here, "What have I done?"

ARAJediMaster and darklordoftech like this.
  6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Gave 4 billion dollars to charity.

klooney and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I sent an email to the website (I think Brendon Wahlberg runs it?), but there's something very off about the specific selection of scripts being removed. Zero to do with spoilers, as two of the scripts relate solely to The Film Formerly Known as Star Wars, and the other is simply an alternate version of one that's still there (which is about to be published as a comic book).

The published version of the fourth draft, fine, it's published, copyrighted material, but the original fourth draft and not the revised version? As for the First Draft, with Akira Valor simply standing in for Kane Starkiller (I think), so what?

I'm not going to get hysterical just yet, but something's not quite right here. Sheridan over at the legendary mypdfscripts.com had to deal with an utter nightmare when the studios decided to do a blanket purging of all unauthorised scripts out on the web, I can sense the same happening here, except I can see it extending way beyond just early SW scripts.

"Storm's coming, Ani, you'd better get home quick..."

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, you probably remember the password to our Google account. :p Download and save :p

9. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I think he had mixed feelings when he did it, but I don't think he was under any illusions about what he was doing. The fans are judging by some of what I have read on places like this, but he went into it with eyes open and made a choice.

He wanted out, he wants to focus on his philanthropy, his museum, and small films. When it comes to Star Wars, he's out.

10. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    boooo that is really unfortunate

11. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    This is the man who copy-pasted a comedy Noooooo! into the saga's climactic scene. Disney have a long way to go to reach that level of boneheadedness.

12. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Ugh. Call off the hounds, I'm a moron. They just made a slight change to the page, the 'missing scripts' are now on a second page, I didn't notice the links as they're just under all the social media stuff. I was simply used to it all being one page for so long.

:oops::oops::oops:

Hopefully the Sydney office of Disney won't press charges for what I did this morning. That Hitler moustache should come off Mickey's face pretty easily, I'll pay for the broken windows and I'm really, really sorry for the mess I left in the lobby...

DarthBoba likes this.
  13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Just FYI...From what I understand, 20th Century Fox has the rights to those films until 2020, so any 3D film LFL does will not benefit the parent company, Disney. All that is happening is a realignment of product to benefit Disney, not to upset the fans. Although disappointing, necessary to get the ST going and more live action films.

As far as TCW go, at least they finished off the season...it was a clean break. I hope they find some great way to wrap up TCW.

SlashMan likes this.
  14. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I agree with your concerns. Also, I am intrigued by these new circumstances and with any luck I hope to see great versions of each of your, what I think are, great ideas.

15. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Well, yes. The man has done great things and not so great things. How many home runs could Babe Ruth hit? I still think he is a genius. He did make the movies 'he' wanted to make (which does make me think he wasn't interested in a lot of other input) and he has such a large vision one could always argue that we're just trying to keep up to understand. Some things he's done I do reject as very questionable, but also respect the grand vision the man has been trying to get all of us to see (not just the studio heads) since 1975. Hell, I'm back here, hungry for more, even after Jar Jar Binks and the 'Anakin (Vader) created Threepio' bit (still shaking my head).:confused:

16. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I'll take both:)

17. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Sorry to tell you, but the man is now the second largest shareholder in Disney stock ($2 billion dollars worth) so I don't think you've heard/seen the last of him.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Speaking of which, Disney's shareholders need to stand up to all this copyright abuse and moratorium.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  19. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    There's no need to apologized. GL is now the second largest shareholder in a company that owns LFL and not the guy with complete artistic control over Star Wars. That's good news in every measurable way and I need no consoling. :)

20. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    He wrote the treatments for the ST. He's creative consultant. His mark is and will be marked out in the future. I, too, am pleased that he is no longer the sole creative component and that very talented and creative people will be assisting in the SW series. I thought the PT showed he was in need of assistance with the writing, dialogue and directing. But I contend the vision was still there. Now is a unique opportunity to have both. I HOPE that they make them awesome. I would love to see directors like Peter Jackson take on a sequel assignment. Or another trilogy assignment...that would be AWESOME!!!

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I've read that GL deliberately wrote bad dialogue and directed the actors to act in a "wooden" way.

Anyway, is there anything else that Disney might ax?

22. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes. Why did he do that? Time will tell.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    1. To match whatever inspired him
    2. He didn't intend Star Wars to be taken seriously.

24. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I think he has a love/hate relationship with SW fans or SW in general. He definitely does exactly what he wants/likes. Like the Ziro the Hutt taking the persona of...that writer....Truman Capote. Kind of hilarious, but totally unexpected, mixed with strange.

25. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Given that last episode, I think they were warned that this season could be the end. So they wrote it with that in mind. That ending was an appropriate series finale, that didn't happen by accident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.