main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Release Date: TBA

I made a DVD/Blu-ray thread for Season 4 last year so I think it's in order to create one for Season 5 as well; let's speculate and talk about the upcoming release of the fifth season in this thread.

I am pretty sure Ahsoka is gonna be on the cover for obvious reasons; she would also be the first female character to appear on one of the TCW season set covers.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would agree that Ahsoka would be the cover...

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yup, Tano should have the honor this time.

As always, I'll reiterate my (alas, sure to be ignored) hope for the inclusion of an option to watch the multi-episode arcs at once, like a little movie. That sure would've been a nice feature to enjoy during something like the Umbara arc.

Some have speculated that season five's premiere episode, "Revival," may be moved to it's original place in the storyline and I think that makes sense, given Adi Gallia's death scene.

These things usually start hitting the shelves, when, in October, right?

4. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Yes, it is usually in October.
    I agree Ahsoka would be the cover, season 5 is kind of Ahsoka's season.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Yeah, I would say Ahsoka Tano for the cover

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
  7. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Maybe pertaining to the 'whose face on the cover' discussion but not the rest since this thread is for general discussion pertaining to the DVD/Blu-ray release, not just/mainly about the cover like that thread.

As for the release date, I'm pretty sure S5 will be released in October like the previous season sets.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Any chance they'd release it earlier with the company changing hands and with the season ending earlier?

And if Ahsoka isn't on the cover, I'll eat the disc with the droid arc on it.

9. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Here's a legitimate question here: do you think that they will include the already mentioned bonus content episodes that we'll never see on TV? I would love it if those were included as extras. Either that or they will be a stand-alone disc for sale.

10. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Here's to hoping we get some major commentary from the writing/direction staff for "The Lawless" since RebelForce Radio completely fumbled the ball. "We have Dave Filoni for our annual post-season roundup, but let's spent 3 hours talking about season 6 and the bonus content and Episode VI because it's not like those obscure things have gotten any media attention whatsoever."

Yeah, I'm bitter as hell.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They'll probably troll us and have us think that Ahsoka will be on the cover but it will actually have Gason and WAC on the cover

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  13. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I hope there are some fun commentaries and some director's cuts.

14. oXdanXo

oXdanXo Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2013
    I'm hoping they release a good boxset in the UK of all 5, since season 1 and 2 we had a slipcover and a book, season 3 a slipcover, season 4 came out in just a case, although the US gets a slipcover (Seems fair?), so by the looks of it the UK are in for a disc with plain writing on it in one of those little plastic wallets "Clone Wars season 5 disc 1" etc.

Grievousdude likes this.
  15. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I actually like that cover.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That cover breaks tradition but I like it. I guess the final season should be a group picture and it really needed a few clones for that. =b

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  18. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Interesting cover, containing the entire ensemble cast, plus Yoda (a fan favorite). So we have a cover featuring Obi-Wan and Ahsoka for the first time, plus Anakin and Yoda get an encore. Not bad at all, considering this is the final full season. Also, am I the only one who noticed that Ahsoka isn't holding either of her lightsabers in her preferred Shien reverse grip? Pretty rare to see her holding two lightsabers in a conventional grip. Minor detail, I know.

19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Erm... this is a standard cover that has been up on amazon.co.uk for ages. It's a placeholder for the real cover. This image was also the placeholder for the Season 4 cover on amazon.co.uk too before that cover was released.

Ani501st likes this.
  20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yeah no way that could be the cover!

21. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I've just received word from the new issue of Star Wars Insider that "Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Five" is scheduled for a Blu-Ray/DVD release later this year. If you look on the last page of the article "The Show That Changed Star Wars" where it says Expanded Universe it says the Season Five Blu-Ray/DVD release will come out later this year which means it will come out this fall.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  22. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I definitely hope that they remember to do this and doesn't skip out on it by using the airing order.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  23. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I agree with you, neumaster. I hope they put "Revival" back as part 1 of the 4-part Darth Maul Arc. It works like that so they can have a featurette for that arc as well as Onderon, Young Jedi, R2-D2 Undercover, and The Fate of Ahsoka. So, Warner Bros., if you're listening, put the order of Season 5 episodes on the Blu-Ray/DVD release as the following in chronological order so there can be 5 featurettes for all 5 four-part arcs:

1) A War on Two Fronts
    2) Front Runners
    3) The Soft War
    4) Tipping Points
    5) The Gathering
    6) A Test of Strength
    7) Bound for Rescue
    8) A Necessary Bond
    9) Secret Weapons
    10) A Sunny Day in the Void
    11) Missing in Action
    12) Point of No Return
    13) Revival
    14) Eminence
    15) Shades of Reason
    16) The Lawless
    17) Sabotage
    18) The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    19) To Catch a Jedi
    20) The Wrong Jedi.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    It will be Ahsoka and it should be (probably something dynamic like from the prison escape). But I for one would be happy with WAC and Gascon on the cover. I maybe in the minority, but I have come to love the D-Squad arc.

25. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    While I'm hoping for Ahsoka, Gascon & WAC on the cover would be hilarious (albeit unlikely).