main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison's response to Letterman when asked about Episode VII.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    This was on David Letterman just last week. Harrison Ford quickly changes the subject when asked about Episode VII. What do you guys make of this?

Jedi_Lantern likes this.
  2. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    It's fine that Letterman isn't - or at least, doesn't appear to be - a fan of Star Wars, but he should at least research before interviewing guests.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  3. Marc McAllister

Marc McAllister Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2013
    He said "...For a long time they didn't ask me.", so i took that to mean they have asked him.

4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    He's in. NDA?

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, his joke here is that he was only in three, they never asked after that, hurt his feelings, etc. That's the way I took it. I wonder how many SW fans said "OMG, Dave, there have only been 6 SW films!" When in fact there have been 7.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Letterman's usually pretty humble when he makes a mistake, from what I remember.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hmm... Six Episodes - Episode 1-6, one Clone Wars movie, two Ewok movies... that's nine, not seven.
    If Clone Wars counts, so does Ewoks.
    And wasn't there a made-for-TV Droids movie? The Great Heep or something like that?
    And of course, there's The Holiday Special ;)

8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    ...The twelve-part saga has been slowly creating itself this whole time! O_O

yes, joke :p

9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't know why Disney just doesn't announce Mark, Harrison and Carrie's involvement now and get it out of the way?

We all know they will be in (except for death or ill health intervening) they know they will be in, we know they know they will be in, so why not just get it confirmed and we can all move on?

10. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    This comes to confirm once more that they have been told not to say a word about the movie or their involvement but it's almost certain the OT heroes will be back on board =D=

11. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Probably because the studio knows Mark, Carrie and Harrison pretty much have total control over any contract. Even people who aren't really watching the sequel news get excited when I tell them the big three are probably coming back; their fan base is, well, everybody, and I'd imagine they're demanding their own moon colonies or something :p

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I suppose technically you are right, but only 7 were in theatres which is what I meant.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Ewok movies were shown in theaters in Europe ;)

14. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    So they weren't shown in theaters in the USA?

15. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Letterman knows how many Star Wars films there are, he says obnoxious stuff like that all the time, its just his usual act. Ford was clearly having fun with it.

The fact that Ford can't say anything at all has got to mean that paperwork of some sort has already been signed.

Padme501st and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  16. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    I remember the first one. I was about 12 or 13 at the time. They were very, very, uncool.

Harrison seems to be having fun with the whole is he / isn't he thing. Good see see him enjoying Star Wars again.

17. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Ford's body language seems to say that he will be in the next films.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Is it me or does Harrison Ford look different in almost every picture/video I see? Some vids he looks great and others he looks like my grandpa. Its obvious now....he's a shapeshifter. I look forward to that ability being revealed in episode 7 :p

19. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I think it just says he desperately needs a cigarette. Look at his hand rubbing the chair.

That aside, that's what he's like on talk shows. Doesn't want to be there, but will have a bit of fun for himself if he has to turn up.

20. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Either way, that was funny stuff. They were both playing with the subject. Dave always rehearses specific Q and A segments with his guests, so that was well-planned and well-played by both of them. =D=

21. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    and Space Balls

22. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    im thinking the ink has been dry on this for a while... jmho

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [face_laugh]

God, he seems so... old in that clip.

24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think Dave was being serious about there being 12, nor was Harrison being serious about having hurt feelings from not being asked to be in another one; he was deflecting the question.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hahahahah, that was awesome where Ford was acting hurt they never asked him back. Pretty good reference to those Star Wars movies he made decades ago.

That being said, I think this is my favourite Harrison Ford talk show Star Wars flashback moment ( at 7 minutes in)