main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New animated series leaked? Update: It's fake. Nobody is surprised. Film at 11.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    This was leaked onto IMDB. It's probably fake and, given the amount of EU it destroys, that's a good thing.

After a quick read through here's what I noticed:
    • Takes place in 15 ABY.
    • No Imperial Remnant, instead there's the Union of Imperial Loyalist, which is headquartered on Corellian.
    • No Luke, instead he's "the Shade".
    • Its tied to 1313, which wouldn't work anymore.
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Star_Wars_Reclamation_An_Animated_Series_151068.asp

One of the leaked pages:
    [​IMG]

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Reading that, I get a strong Dark Empire vibe from the premise, which I guess makes sense given what Lucas once said about DE.

Can't say I'm particularly keen on the term "Union of Imperial Loyalists" though... I suppose "The Union" isn't that bad, and has echoes of real life factions, but... just never really liked the word Union. :p

You're right it could very easily be fake though. I remember seeing tons of these sort of things back during the prequels' days. If it is real, though, then I can very, very easily see 1313 being reworked to fit into the Coruscant sublevel secret army thing, given the game engine already exists, is designed around the underlevels, etc, etc.

Must admit, though, a hidden underground army seems more Darth Krayt than George Lucas.

3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    sounds so very fake to me... especially the secret part

Edit: even if true... that saves at least 15 years of EU which was the early main EU.. well most of it. still I doubt this... but I guess these 15 years were needed to have at least most Zahn, Stackpole, Allston, Anderson, Wolverton, etc. created characters for (ab)use in the show.

more reasons why this is not THE series:

1- it is a huge jump from 15 ABY to when the Sequels will take place given Big Three actor ages... if it intends to bridge it, unlikely to ever reach the Sequels within the few years till their release 2015
    2- if this series intends to overwrite the EU and bridge to Sequels it has to replace the EU by giving the big three kids, wifes, etc. and re-do all the EU did... I do not see that happen that quick and without repetitive storytelling
    3- given the show premise the Empire will be around for the Sequels and thus turn the ST into another OT expansion.. and much less its own trilogy like the Prequels had been with an original conflict. the OT showed the death of the Empire.. each trilogy needs its own conflict and war.. but not the same of a previous trilogy or else the entire 9 movie saga then would feel weird with prequels even more out of place. there were seppies vs. republic, in OT we had rebels vs. empire, ST needs something new.. not empire vs. republic again.

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I so hope it is real.

Sky Bonteri sounds like he would be made of complete win.

Sounds better than some of Filoni's other ideas that he actually produced.

And the Supreme Commander of Republic forces would be High General Gascon.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You'll change your mind once Filoni says that Sky is the love child of Ahsoka and Lux. [face_plain] [face_sick]

TrakNar and Sitara like this.
  6. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    As much as I would like to believe this, the Level 1313 reference so marks this off as a fanboy's invention.

7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Having just read the other pages (didn't see the link before) I must agree, cthugha: the instant I read that 1313 reference it screamed fanfic.

Especially when I've just said it sounded like a perfect opportunity to rework 1313, and I find the chances of my idea actually being the case very slim. :p

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree this is fanfic plus you got names like Manco, I'm guessing whoever wrote it, has seen a Few Dollars More then :p

9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    lol only now found the link myself... Zor we mirror each other ;)

these names are so booring fanfic crap.. oh my... 1313 alone sounds better than the names. as well as the lack of other prominent OT figures in these leaked pages which is unlikely to be lacking in ANY animated project of such impact on continuity.

10. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    in the light of Lit's new baby L-canon... how about us here writing a proposal to Filoni that we will serve him on a plate at Celebration Europe? We can do better!

PS: best thing of these fake pages: 15ABY would mean Glove of Darth Vader stays canon :p

Lazy Storm Trooper and Gorefiend like this.
  11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Of course. Where did you think G in G-Canon came from?

12. cthugha

Sep 24, 2010
    Not if it's supposed to be an EpVII tie-in that's supposed to hint at but not spoil what's going on there; especially with the script and all still being in development. If nothing else, I think this is a very well thought-out fake.

And seriously, Luke going "Shade" after Endor? I love it! :cool: This is exactly the kind of "you never guessed we'd take it that direction" surprise I expect from the EpVII reboot.

Reveen likes this.
  13. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    This premise sounds fanficcy as all hell. But I want to be a cheerleader for it come hell or high water just for the prospect of getting a Calrissian character. The idea of a Calrissian being a main character of the new trilogy is ooooohhhh maaaan.

Pisses me off that the current EU seems to be going out of it's way to make Lando irrelevant. If there's anything that needs to be retconned, it's that.

And I can easily see Port-ROTJ Luke deciding to take he Jedi to the shadows, thinking that the institutionalization of the order i what led them to becoming a bunch of corrupt losers.

kataja and Esg like this.
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  15. cthugha

Sep 24, 2010
    Here's hoping for Crucible, then.

16. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    If it hasn't got Atha Prime as the shadow of the Imperial past in it, I don't believe it.

C'mon, everyone knows these movies are just there to sell toys, and Kenner has been sitting on the Atha Prime production run for what, three decades now?

17. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    That's a well-made fake. But whoever did it should have spent more time writing it. And they should have claimed this is brand new. If it was supposedly "in the works" before Lucasfilm was sold, how come the premise rewrites Holocron-dictated C-Canon chronology? I know that's most likely fair game now, but it wouldn't have been when Lucasfilm was an independent company.

18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    That is a poorly made fake. I cannot believe that is even considered "news".

--Adm. Nick

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    It says it was "in the works" before the sale? Definitely a fake then, as that would have been before 1313 got axed, so it wouldn't have been tied into a completely different Level 1313 that had nothing to do with the game.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Gutting the entire EU premise of the New Republic but installing a Chiss in charge of the Imperial Remnant? ...with a Bonteri Jedi?

A well-forged fake in the style of the that notorious artist, David P. Filoni!

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    can't wait when the new series is released and Filoni waves these pages into our faces... wearing a Supershadow T-Shirt outing himself finally.. :p that will be the day I'll consider DETOURS more canon than canon itself.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Zorrixor like this.
  22. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Eh, Clone Wars did that too.

I mean, I'm not saying that makes it real. Just...Clone Wars did that too.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Guys, this obviously real. A real rejected Derek J. Reda pitch, but real.

24. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Like Eliane's.... nevermind.

25. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    You mean... we'll finally get to know how Bib survived the Some Sort of Viper?