main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Hating Humans One at a Time: The Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know. She's never been the brightest bulb, even in the best of times (and that's really the most charitable thing I can say about her), to say the least. It seriously took all I had to be polite (because she had her daughter with her at the time), and not slam the door as hard as I could in her face during that last visit.

And thanks, it'll be two years next Tuesday since she died and too be honest it's still hard on everybody in the family.

EDIT: Oh and protip: If you (general you) want me to follow you, well, anywhere on the net, putting 'future pedophile' on your profile is definitely a way to ensure I will be doing the very opposite; staying as far away from you as I can.

2. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    One non-confrontational technique you could use for dealing with such people is to raise your voice. That is, continue speaking with a normal tone, but just talk loud as ****.

I know it is abrasive, but, whatever, it intimidates most people, and then you might not have to deal with their stupidity.

The best way to deal with jerks is to be a bigger jerk.:D

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    "Future pedophile" WTF is that about? Haha

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hate Orson Scott Card. The man is a loony.

Space_Wolf and Eeth-my-Koth like this.
  5. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    LOL! You have no idea how loud these people are. Trust me, I am no shrinking violet nor am I soft-spoken. My husband avoids these family get-togethers like the plague. he sees what I see. We spent every holiday with them for 9.5 years and the one time we missed Christmas because my grandmother had died 2 days before and my side of the family wanted to be together, they freaked and had to do it again, yes, again a few weeks later because ''little Johnny couldn't be there." Um, 'little Johnny' was about to turn 50 and we had seen them 2 times in the 2 weeks prior.

I'm gonna try your advice. I now follow the "if you want me to respect you, you must respect me" course of action. I will arrive with a good attitude, a smile on my face, and ask how they are, but once anything out of line gets directed at me, my husband will get the bat-signal to take action. The deal is: I don't let my family get out of line or cross boundaries with him and vice versa. If he wants me to have his back, he better have mine.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know. I decided for the sake of my blood pressure not to ask and simply block.

PCCViking likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe it's a cry for help?

8. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Wait! What? Who has "future pedophile" in their profile?:confused:

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Admittedly, there's a (small) part of me that hope so, the rest of me just has no interest in assocating with anybody that actively declares themselves a pedophile, future or otherwise.

J_Girl: this guy on Twitter put me on their follow list last night, he had 'future pedophile' as part of his description profile. He also had rapper and stand up comedian too, so I don't know if he meant the 'future pedophile' as some kind of joke, and quite frankly I don't want to know either way. I went and blocked him straight away.

J_Girl likes this.
  10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh, whew! I went running to my profile to see if somebody broke into it and put something sick in there. I agree, I want nothing to do with anybody that thinks like that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Someone at work left a Diet Coke in the freezer last Thursday/Friday. Obviously, it exploded. Someone removed the larger frozen chunks of soda, but there is still a large brown stain with small bits of frozen soda on EVERYTHING in the freezer including other people's frozen food, ice cream, and brown stain on the wall of the freezer near the ice cube trays. As of today, no one has taken responsibility for putting it in the freezer and cleaning the mess.

12. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    lol, i did the same. I think we all did...

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, sorry, I probably should have just put at the outset that I wasn't talking about (as far as I know), that I wasn't talking about anybody on the boards.

14. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
  15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So on the subject of 'Do No Harm':

My mother has suffered from, what she believes, an infection that likely originated in her jaw. It's been a chronic thing for years now, and she only feels better on antibiotics. The doctors refuse to believe it is an infection. It should also be mentioned my mother was/is an RN so she has some idea of what's going on. At any rate, the latest bout in this saga involved getting a tooth essentially salvaged by this oral surgeon. Because she has lupus, my mother can not heal well. She was given antibiotics before the surgery and also pain pills to last her to the weekend. By Friday, she is in so much pain that she calls the doctor's office and asks for enough pills to last her through the weekend until she sees the doctor on Tuesday. The office insists that she has to come in. By this time, she's so swollen that she has a bruise under her eye that is purple and part of her lip is purple. It looked like she was beaten up.

So, I go with her to this doctor on Saturday and sit in the room. He comes in, basically asks why she's here. She explains that she wanted pain medication for the next two or three days. He tells her she can make due with Advil. She then asks about antibiotics to make sure any infection is knocked out of her. He flat out says no. At this point, I pipe in that 1) She has lupus and can't heal well on her own and 2) She's had a chronic infection for over a year and the only way to treat it is a strong course of antibiotics based on what we've seen. Again, he says no. And then he tells her she had a cavity. Not a cavity in her tooth. A cavity in her bone.

My mother had feared as much for years and has been trying to prevent exactly this. She specifically mentions osteomyelitis and he essentially brushes her off, claiming they something about cavitation. So he basically mentions how this needs to heal. So we ask again for antibiotics so her body can have the best chance at healing it. And again, he says no. At that point, my mother flat out states "Well, I'm not going to convince you." He basically says "No you're not". He then tries to place blame on anywhere but himself and claims he could rip out every tooth in her head and she'd still suffer from this infection. So when we left, the first words out of my mouth outside the office were "What an arrogant prick".

And that's been proven. By chance another of my mother's doctors calls about some blood work and she tells him what happened. The doctor is floored and can't believe he would deny her request. He then tells my mother if she has any issues, to call him for the meds. Monday roles around and the swelling has gone down enough that my mother can look into where he operated and there's a hole in her gum. So she goes back to the A.P. about this and again he does nothing for her. This time my sister went and she basically agreed that he was useless. She then went immediately to our primary doctor who gave her antibiotics. Then she made an appointment the next day with the dentist who referred her to the A.P. He can't believe the A.P. treated her that way and so he gave her pain meds with a refill. He also said by looking at her bruising that it was clear they were very rough in handling the procedure and that it would take some time to heal. Then he said he was going to speak to the A.P.

This is one of those instances where you wish the person would suffer the same fate as the person they've mistreated. Some doctors really do need to be taken down a few pegs and this guy was definitely one.

Space_Wolf likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And people wonder why more people don't go to the doctor when they need to. Part of it is money, true, but the other part is *************** like this who should never even be in the medical profession in the first place.

17. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Today I hate sister-in-law #2 in my series leading down to Easter. #2 is a real winner. She is 5 years older than me and single. A few years ago, she dated a guy who still lived with his ex-wife and kids. Yeah, I know. And she would sit at the family gatherings ignoring everyone at the table and texting him like a 13 yr old. He broke up with her via Facebook almost 8 months later. Gee, nobody saw that coming, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway, she is not a bad person, per se, but.. When we cancelled that one time over Christmas to be with my family because my grandmother just died. She called my husband crying that I was stealing him away from her and that the family was going to fall apart because of me. It's not like he was especially close to her. I never saw him call or email her. Yeah, um, I was the one who invited her to concerts, plays and went to her house and helped her take her deck apart and then rebuild it with my husband while my husband and I paid someone else thousands of dollars to do the same to ours because we didn't have the time do to our own. My husband never offered to do any of that. It was me and he made sure to point that out to her, but she cried like a child to him that no, it was all my fault and I was the one pulling the family apart because she didn't get to see him for Christmas. Did I mention she is turning 50 next week?

These are the same people that used to push my husband to propose to me, mind you. Every time I saw them for two years, it was "When are you two going to get married?"

Ok, there is a lot more I could say, but the whole me stealing him away from her is enough to make me sick to my stomach and hate her today!

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ann Coulter defends Meghan McCain murder 'joke'

I don't like Ann Coulter, but she's really taken things to a whole new level. What would be amusing to me is if the McCain family actually did go ahead and press charges against Coulter for threatening Meghan.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I didn't bother reading too much of it, but from what I read I don't see the problem. It was a joke. Lighten up. I'd give the joke my full support if it were a bit funnier.

She shouldn't have to back down, she shouldn't have to apologize, and she definitely shouldn't have any charges pressed against her.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hating Ann Coulter would be so obvious that it wouldn't be worth mentioning here, except that hating her involves giving credence to the **** she does purely for shock value. She isn't worth wasting any emotion on, including hate.

Stackpole_The_Hobbit likes this.
  21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Indeed. I swear there was a period of five years or so that I didn't realise she still existed.

22. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Dr Kermit Gosnell.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    [​IMG]

You've got to be kidding me.

Bib Fartuna likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, Justin, you didn't pay much attention to Anne's story while visiting that house did you?