main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Luke Skywalker = "The Shade"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bosskkkk, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Any truth to this?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Star_Wars_Reclamation_An_Animated_Series_151068.asp

I like the take on (presumably) Luke Skywalker, showing him mysteriously fighting for either side, without harming anyone. Very intersting, and a nice complex take on his character/archetype.

Hints of how his character will be personified/introduced in Episode VII if true....

(Not so sure about all the political aspects of that "leaked" document, but I do like the Leia trying to downplay her relationship to Vader, and Mon-Mothma does make sense as Supreme Chancellor...and I always thought Lando having a daughter (Kala Carlrissian) makes sense...

Interesting (if true)...

2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Dubious at best, IMDB posters are not exactly a good source for quality information.

3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I would only worry that this was cancelled with all other projects due to the Disney buy out and closure of LFM...

-C

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I dont know, it sounds rather stupid from the little it reveals and Ive seen a few other fake things like this now already. Plus who's Kala's mother, since timeline wise Lando would have had to have knocked her up 9 months before Endor and he was trapped at Jabba's place at that time...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    As I said in the other thread, give me Mark Hamill supplying the voice to Luke "The Shade" Skywalker, in a galaxy wary of Force-users, and a son for Luke in the ST, and I could see almost never asking for another thing from the franchise again. I could die a happy Star Wars fan.

Any truth to it? No idea, but I'd recommend taking it with a big ol' heap of salt. ;)

6. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Some aspects of it sound interesting, but I'm not going to put my neck on the line and say it's genuine.

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Two words - Fan Fiction.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Think you may just be right.

That said, I do like Luke's propsed role (at least as a starting point).

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I didn't even get to Luke's role - the whole thing reminded me of my 'Intro to Animation' class from the Art Institute, except an initial proposal is usually just a one sheet with a very quick outline. Also, the emphasis on the initial three OC's (that made me heavily :rolleyes:) just all screams fan fic...

Besides, a NDA would still cover a former employee - those things are pretty tight.

ETA:

OK, I just read through the rest of it - if this were truly where LFA was heading, then Star Wars very narrowly missed Jumping the Shark...

11. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The IMDB poster says, "...we'd been working on details of it since early last year but didn't know the details until a few months ago..." It's fair to say "early last year" means early in 2012.

We know Lucasfilm employee Pablo Hidalgo didn't find out about Episode VII until June 29th, 2012. So "early in 2012" seems a little too early, IMHO.

Ryus likes this.
  12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Never trust IMDB

PrincessKenobi and Ryus like this.
  13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    There's some interesting tidbits in there, I have to admit. The whole "Shade" thing has piqued my interest. It would certainly be a different path for Luke Skywalker.

With that said, I am also very skeptical about the truth behind this. I will stick to my guns and wait for some kind of official confirmation before getting too carried away.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't believe it for a second. Sounds like really bad fan fiction. [face_laugh]

eht13 and Ryus like this.
  15. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Don't see it myself, "The Shade" nice idea, terrible name, sounds like someones been taking hints from Smallville :p

16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    While I agree the some of the original characters of the series, especially Lando's offspring, seem badly written, some of the ideas have roused my interest, particularly this Chiss President. He already seems like a very intriguing and developed character and I wouldn't mind seeing someone like him in Episode VII.

17. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I bet this is legit. Now some have called it fanfic but I look at it this way. If TCW would have been leaked early people would have had the same response. 'Anakin has a padawan? No way we didn't see them in RotS'. There's still fans who don't accept TCW as canon anyway. Look at the reaction when Darth Maul came back in TCW, and that actually happened. If it isn't plausible for you that Land could have had a trist with some woman while he was trying to rescue Han then you don't know how womanizing works, lol.
    Now if this is legit, I bet this is how it goes. Those past mistakes of Leia's involve Han. Notice how neither him nor Land or Chewie are mentioned? I bet that something happens to where Leia's legacy is revealed, her and Han have a child that this New Jedi Order won't take because of the relation to Anakin Skywalker do they bring him/her to the Shade for training.
    Twenty or so years later Episode VII starts with Luke and his Padawan Anakin Solo.

Edit: Han and Leia get together during the series not before. Their child will be born during the series.

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

Shark Jumping at it's finest.

19. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    How is this jumping the shark exactly?

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Ummmm.... [face_batting]

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

It's complete and utter fan **** - I'm only surprised they skipped out the buxom red headed assassin, or maybe they were saving that for season two.

22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    And then they find the Emperor's actual granddaughter and even though she too never knew her linage clearly she must be witch hunted by the supposed compassionate Jedi, so Mon Mothma orders her arrest and the NJO is sent to capture her but Shade fights them all off and... [​IMG]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    Oddly enough you didn't answer my question.

24. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    Ummmm.... What? Let's look at the EU quick. A Grand Admiral that knows everything that's going to happen? Check. A pilot that rivals Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles? Check. A Jedi that survives everything no matter what to come back later and heal Cade. Check.

If we're talking about jumping the shark then yeah the EU being doing it since the kaiburr crystal.

25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    My opine on the EU over all is pretty well known, especially in the EU sticky - I'm not going to drag my dislike into every thread, but this is garbage even for the EU...

Ryus and Darth Chiznuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.