main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Why obi wan? Why didn't you tell me Vader was my father? ;)

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    What I told you was true, from a certain point of view.

3. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Who does Luke think his mother is? He never asks and she's never mentioned in the the CT.

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    When Vader says "there'll be no one to stop us this time" to the commander aboard the Tantive IV, exactly what is he referring to? When were they 'stopped' before?

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  5. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    That sounds...

Simply Irresistible!

Try ebay.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    That doesn't even make any sense. :p

7. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I only just looked at this thread for the first time since last night. Please don't ban me for posting such a bizarre non-sequitur.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    its okay, I was mainly curious about the apparently Executor-branded OT set. And by curious I mean skeptical :p

9. Jedi_85

Jedi_85 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2013
    Can anyone tell me what species Yoda is?

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    No, because his species has not been given a name or a detailed background, per George's orders.

11. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
  12. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    When Luke landed on Dagobah, it seemed to me that it was pretty coincidental that he landed right next to Yoda, when he could have landed ANYWHERE on the whole PLANET!

So how did that go down? Did Yoda sense that that was where Luke would land, or is it another "Will of the Force" kind of thing? Like the Force wanted Luke to land exactly there.

13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    In ANH, the ceremony is filled with Humans. In the audience and on the stage. The only Alien species to my knowledge is Chewie. Aside from film budgets, why are there so many more aliens in the PT than in the OT?

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm guessing because the Empire hunted down a lot of them.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I also thought it could be that the galaxy was/is unevenly populated or clustered with species in greater quantity here and there. But also a good point that you bring up. I think it really had more to do with budgets, but it always made me wonder. This idea I bring up now comes from the Darth Plagueis book I'm currently reading.

16. Master-Luner

Master-Luner Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2012
    Why did they not change Luke's last name from Skywalker to something different Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda knew Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader. They split up the twins so Darth Vader would not know Luke and Leia were alive then they don't cage his last name? I'm sure in the Star Wars universe the last name Skywalker may have been popular cause of what Anakin did in the Clone Wars. But with Luke being a strong in the force as Anakin if Dark Vader ever met Luke the Last name combined with how strong he is in the Force it wouldn't be that hard to piece it all together.

17. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    Good few threads addressing that very issue - George Lucas' own explanation is that if you check out the Tatooine phone book, there's loads of Skywalkers in there.

Bit redundant, though, how many kids these days know what a 'phone book' is?

18. tkshores

tkshores Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm trying to sell some action figures on ebay. Classic 1977 stuff.
    http://bit.ly/ZKRw09
    Can anyone recommend a place to get a good, "realistic" value for classic Star Wars toys?
    The Interwebs has prices all over the map!
    Thanks!

19. powersRweak

powersRweak Jedi Knight

Feb 2, 2013
    Cool stuff you have there.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/forum.php is a good place for info on Star Wars collectibles.

20. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    This question remains unanswered... -.-

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Heir to the Empire, Luke speculates that Yoda may have made Luke's scopes go dead at the right moment, so Luke landed exactly where Yoda wanted him to.

Emperor Ferus and Jedi_Liz like this.
  22. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    When Luke comes in Dagobah's atmosphere, all his instruments shut down and it can be possible that Yoda guides his fighter with the Force.
    That's one way of explaining it. If not, it's yet another plot hole.

I guess that when Kenobi gave Luke to the Lars' he told them that Anakin's dead. He thought so, he left him alone to die on Mustafar.
    When he found it was too late to do anything but to watch him from distance.
    And the Lars' kept Luke's surname in respect of Shmi.
    That's all I can think of.

23. Tornado Wrangler

Tornado Wrangler Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 22, 2013
    There are tens of thousands of populated planets in the Star Wars galaxy. Hundreds of trillions of individuals, if not quadrillions. A name ain't gonna get you anywhere toward finding someone. But what about after he becomes "famous" after destroying the Death Star? If you remember from ESB, before the Emperor told him, not even Vader had heard his name, a good 3 years (i think) after the Death Star attack. That either means some crappy Imperial intelligence, or more likely, that members of the Rebellion used pseudonyms. There's absolutely nothing to support this theory, but think about it, some of these people have families on Imperial-controlled planets. Why would they want to use their real names? Either that, you they choose specifically to hide the identify of the individual who destroyed the Death Star to prevent assassination. Probably did all they could to keep the name "Luke Skywalker" from getting out.

Of course, the real reason why is because, at the time, I don't think Lucas had yet decided that Vader was in fact Anakin.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually Vader uses Luke's name (or at least, his surname) at the beginning of ESB:

"That is the system, and I'm sure Skywalker is with them. Set your course for the Hoth system."

Interestingly, a novel series- the Rebel Force series- does mention that the Rebels did their best to keep Luke's identity from getting out, figuring the Empire would target him for assassination. This didn't last long though- the comics and novels (Splinter of the Mind's Eye in particular) make it clear that Vader knew Luke's full name and home planet, fairly early on.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  25. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    When did Lucas make his statement about the EU being an "alternate" parallel universe? Was it after HttE?