main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Anthony Daniels has just been confirmed to appear at Celebration Europe by the official site. C'mon, this has to be the big whoop-de-do we're waiting for! :p

EDIT: Hmm, they've also posted a 'History of May the 4th' which is interesting. Man, I need some news... :p

JainaSoloYJK and Lee_ like this.
  2. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Props. Just check it out on Wookiepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Nest_II:_The_Unseen_Queen

3. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I double checked this whole thread and didn't see this clip posted, I thought it was relevant and interesting to see:

4. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    This is Star Wars. Once the script takes precedence over the visuals and music, it's become just another Hollywood drama.

To put it another way, the pre-production paintings are all that matters.

5. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't care unless it's official. When is it going official? Who cares if it isn't?

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow, that is really interesting. So the rough time frame from WAY back then is still in play. Also, by the sound of that, Lucas may have had at least a rough idea of what Episode 7 was going to be at the time.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think the problem is that, at this point, the story has become complicated, which it was not with the OT. When we didn't know anything about Anakin, The Force, The Sith, The Clone Wars, the rule of two, midicolorians, Padme, and so on, we were able to simply enjoy the "ride" that Star Wars took us on. Now that we have all this info, the visual is not enough to make it work.

When Star Wars came out, it was a nice, simple story based on classic archetypes, set it space with newly invented special effects to make that's setting believable. The effects enhanced the story.

With the ST, there is a lot of "dot connecting" to do in the story, which great visuals will not cover for. The writing must be strong for this to work. And I mean really work, not just box office. There are plenty of films that are visually spectacular and make a ton of money, but have no story what-so-ever.

I don't think anyone here wants to see an ST lacking in either area.

aurora maisy and Darth Claire like this.
  8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah last thing I want is Star Wars to become Transformers *being all "ehh who cares about story and characters. Just throw in some fancy set pieces, CGI, some stupid easter eggs and Lightsabers and people will be happy*. I do not want that to happen

9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Couldn't agree more. I'm guessing that Academy Award nominated writers Arndt and Kasdan will help to keep that from happening. Keeping Bay away from the ST will also help.

Yes it is. Kinda makes you think George knew what he was talking about in interviews when he said:

"In the sequel Luke would be a sixty-year-old Jedi knight. Han Solo and Leia would be together…The sequel focuses mainly on Luke, and Lucas says Mark Hamill will have first crack at the part if he is old enough."

and

that he had "titles and ten-page story outlines for each of" the nine episodes

klooney and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  10. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I love when Mark throws in impressions like that. He does a good Harrison Ford too.

11. Rebel Scum

Rebel Scum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 20, 1999
    I have a lukewarm feeling about this....

Doug625 likes this.
  12. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    How can you ? I'm on a high since last October.

Luke Skywalker as an Obi-Wan type of Jedi.....I thought this storyline would be stuff of legend.

No

We will see it...

13. Herewegoagain

Herewegoagain Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2013
    It's confirmed: Carrie is gonna play Jabba the Hutt's granddaughter.

Harrison is gonna play a bounty hunter looking for one last paycheck before riding off into the sunset forever.

Mark, like Obi Wan, has spent the last thirty years wandering around in obscurity looking for relevance.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    HA![face_laugh]

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Not too much longer now, just a few more days. I hope, boy do I hope! [face_hypnotized]

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, Iron Man 3 does get released in just a few more days...

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They'll announce who's editing the film.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, I was talking about the draft. This Thursday. ;)

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

Which leaves me pondering... George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return! Which of the Big Three in the draft will be Geno Smith...

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm afraid to go into any forum other than this one so I just decided to post it here.

21. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013

I could not stop laughing! Harrison Ford is REALLY having fun with all this! [face_laugh]

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ True. I must confess, I really had no idea Harrison is so funny. He should do more comedies.

23. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    New Leia Novel set in between Hope and Empire. I guess they are really getting people ready for the return of the Big 3:

[​IMG]

JainaSoloYJK and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I wonder when they took that photo of Carrie... or maybe it's photoshopped. That's a TESB hairstyle, but not the clothes.

25. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    That's not her body. Her head from The Empire Strikes Back is Photoshopped onto a model's body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.