main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I hadn't realized that either, if he/she had it first, I'll go ahead and change mine again ... :(

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think I am, but the idea of Ahsoka being the "last woman that Anakin loved" or Vader having "feelings" for her, chaps my hide.

This isn't direct at you, Tarkas, but I do think there is a misunderstanding on this forum:

She. Is. A. Kid.

Anakin may not always behave like an adult but he technically is one. And his (even emotionally) cheating on his wife with a teenager is not only really really creepy, but also undermines a large part of the point of his ROTS story.

And yes, I do think Filoni elevates Ahsoka to a level she doesn't deserve. I liked her in seasons 1 and 2, when she would be feisty and rebellious and actually get in trouble for it, as opposed to exhibiting the same behavior with Plo Kloon the Council saying, "But she was right."

3. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Well they could simply redo her age and say she was the same age as Anakin, nothing in STAR WARS is set in stone, look at the way they did Bariss Offee's character. People keep telling me "anakin and ahsoka no no no" but it could happen and would be a great story, STAR WARS lore is full of romances of all kinds. Padme is gone, his children are hidden from him, Obiwan is a Jedi and an enemy of The Emperor, Ahsoka has no allegiences, no ties, Anakin was the only one, it WOULD make sense for them to have something together while he is in the suit if done right, and yes they would have to redo her age but who cares I would watch that movie, game, book, comic, whatever. It would be an interesting story set between 3 and 4. Padme was older than Anakin too right? gee I would not want my 9 year old dating a 14 or 15 year old so don't give me the creepy age teacher argument anything and everything can be retconned or redone or whatever for the sake of telling a cool different kind of story.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Um.....FRAK NO.

Vader sure is evil, but he isn't a pedophile nor was he EVER.

Besides i think you mean Padme, because that is the woman Anakin loved before he became evil. Yes he did "love" Ahsoka to, but not in the creepy/horrible/crappy fanfic way you seem to think.

Why is it, whenever a male and female are made to be close in a story, have a strong friendship, some people seem to want said pair to hook up, even though there was no evidence in said story to show they were attracted to each other?

Yes i know they are different sexes.......but *gasp* sometimes romance does not bloom between a man and woman, especially between a man and a girl. And there is nothing wrong with that.........

Sometimes a close relationship between a male and female who aren't related, works best without romance.

Making a romance between Ahsoka and Vader would really hurt their characters.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    How is he supposed to have a romantic relationship in a walking iron lung again?

You've allowed your obsession with Ahsoka to enter very creepy territory, dude. Trust me, I know all about being creepy.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I think i sense LukeTano's ghost here.......perhaps for some reason......drawn to these recant events........

7. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I have to agree with this 1,000,000 %. How and/or why would Vader have some weird secret relationship with Ahsoka? Sorry, but this is one of the worst ideas ever.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If Vader ever gets another girlfriend (and I wouldn't mind ... at all), it should be some hardass imperial chick and not Ahsoka Tano.

The idea is creepy because she is his teenage pupil, not because of the iron lung. You can have a romantic relationship with a quadriplegic or comatose too.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really don't approve of Anakin with Ahsoka because he's got wife and because she is underage. However from a mental standpont

Ahsoka. Is. Not. A. Normal. Fifteen. Year. Old.

Ahsoka has been raised to become a Jedi Knight. She has fought for two years in a war, she might pass as a child soldier if we are going to just call her a fetus, she has grown up quickly because of that.

The last couple times I watched both the Slaves of the Republic arc and "A Friend in Need" I thought she did seem a little more mature in those than I previously though.. Sometimes it feels like something happened off screen that changed her. I think season 1-2 Ahsoka is more fun myself because she is boring in season 5. She seems like an adult in the Young Jedi arc. However we probably didn't need to see some big event that changed her into that. When the going get tough she still acts young and Its something that just happened over the course of the war. She grew up fast. In Animorphs as the kids go through fighting their war over the course of 3 years (Anybody here read books 20-22 otherwise known as the David trilogy? These books put those kids through some dark stuff). They grow up and lose their innocents fast. Indeed Ahsoka seems emotionally tough at times in season 5 and successfully lets go of her attachment (crush) on Lux.

The best example of a normal kid in TCW was Lux Bonteri who was pretty much a mama's boy and when was murder we has a kid who didn't know his own butt from a hole in the ground out there trying to figure out what the hell to do and it got him into some serious trouble. He ended up under Pre Vizsla's arm watching a village burning. That was one time when if ever anybody needed Ahsoka to rescue them it was him.

I don't think Ahsoka is really elevated all that high other than being TCW's deuteragonist. Ahsoka should have been disciplined for sneaking onto the mission in the Citadel arc.If that's what happened its just as much Plo's fault for letting Ahsoka get away with it (And she was seeming a little depressed at the time). Its not clear if that's what happened or if Plo told her to go. Either way its meant to be a device for setting up Anakin's rivalry with the Jedi Council though one Council Members disrespect for him regarding the safety of his own Padawan and more importantly someone he deeply cares about.

I don't call Ahsoka a great Jedi hero but she was a great soldier. She will leave an impact on the galaxy through the baggage she's left Anakin who will be more determined when he starts having dreams of his wife dying the child birth to do anything he has to in order to prevent losing her as well. That's not going to be a good one though.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I feel Ahsoka's change of character came as a result of Season 3's finale.

Personally, I liked the change. She's fighting a war, there's no way that wouldn't change you. Especially at the age of 14-16.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ahsoka is also not a normal 15 year old in another way.

She doesn't really have any romantic experience. In that aspect, which was the topic at hand, she's still very immature.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You may be right. I think the season 3's finale may have been offset by the Water Wars arc which makes it feel like she wasn't nearly as mature in season 4 than we saw in season 5 so that's why it sometimes feels like something is missing. I remember her seemng like her old self in that one. Perhaps I should rewatch the Water Wars arc sometime. Basically I tried to say Ahsoka is fighting a war and it made her grow up fast, that alone explains it fine.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She isn't a normal 15-year-old, but biologically she is still 15 years old, which means she's off limits to an adult.

I have very few rules when it comes to who I think should or should not have a sexual relationship but...no adults and kids, period, end of sentence, not in any universe.

I've posted several times that I liked Ahsoka much better in seasons 1 and 2, when she was immature and when her bad behavior actually had consequences. Even when she got on my nerves because she wouldn't shut up ("Does anyone care what the Padawan thinks?" Um, no), I still enjoyed her character more. I believe that war would change a teenager who is fighting it but I would rather be shown that, as opposed to being shown an Ahsoka who is suddenly more mature (and supposedly wiser) than her Master and left to assume that something happened to her off screen.

14. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    A pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. While a relationship between Anakin and a 14/15-year old Ahsoka would be inappropriate (not to mention hopelessly non-canon), it would not make him a pedophile. In Germany and France the age of consent is 14 and 15 respectively. The Star Wars universe is not the United States (nor is it any other country of course). Still, I don't think a Vader/Ahsoka romance is at all plausible given that the EU depictions of him in the OT era show him still devoted to Padme (there's an illustration somewhere of him in the meditation chamber on his star destroyer, gazing at a picture of Padme projected onto the walls).

As for Ahsoka's fate, I wonder whether she'll be one of the ex-Jedi who survived Order 66 by keeping their heads down and presenting no threat to the Empire. Wasn't there a female Jedi elsewhere in the expanded universe (she might have been a healer, and I think she was a Qui-Gon Jinn type maverick as well) who left the Order early in the Clone Wars and was left alone as a result? Can't remember the name right now. I'd be happy for Ahsoka to be left as one of the 'unanswered questions' of the PT era, because I don't think any fate for her could surpass the Clone Wars scene in poignancy.

Just please, please not a Disney Princess.

15. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Not to nitpick or anything, but Vader killed children. As in, he chopped them up into pieces while they were still alive. Compared to that, having carnal relations with a 16 year old with her consent doesn't really seem that big a deal, especially considering we have no idea what the age of consent in the SW Galaxy is. (remember TPM and "Are you an angel")

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure nobody approves of Vader killing children either. I don't really get the argument that "He did this, why does it matter if he did that too?" Because doing that is still wrong and really, why do we need to add one other thing, especially one that would mess up the characters of both people involved?

Almost the entire point of ROTS was that Anakin was so obsessed with Padme that he was willing to commit horrible deeds for the devil himself because he believed it would save her from death. Having sex with Ahsoka on the side doesn't fit, regardless of whether she's underage or not. Her being underage just adds another element of wrong.

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Because it is out of character. Vader was never even hinted as being into young girls so now claiming he is would be a retcon. Also he is not into using/abusing people as much as his master.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Did someone forget that TCW is a family show, however much we adults enjoy it? You don't even step in the same building that the concept of pedophilia lives in.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pretty sure that's not what the adults want either.

On screen Ahsoka is always depicted as something like a little sister to Anakin right down to the nicknames. Sometimes their relationship veers more parental. An encounter with Vader would be emotional because it'd be like he's killing a close family member.

Also, Ahsoka is not really portrayed as being wiser that Jedi Master IMO. A wise person would not have just taken a key card, walked out of her cell, and run away.

20. MRCynical

Oct 7, 2008
    Well then it's a good thing that a relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka would have absolutely zero, zilch, nada, connection to pedophilia then isn't it?

Moot point anyway, as the idea is so utterly divorced from canon (not to mention daft).

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why do people here assume he'd instantly kill her? Just because it's a Sith-thing? In the movies he doesn't act that way.

Did he kill Luke at their first meeting? Nope
    Did he instantly attack Obi-Wan? Only after OBW drew his lightsaber
    Did he instantly attack Padmé? Nope, only after he thought she betrayed him

Therefore, if he meets Ahsoka he will first talk with her and probably try to turn her to his side.

22. MRCynical

Oct 7, 2008
    Why do people here assume he'd instantly kill her? Just because it's a Sith-thing? In the movies he doesn't act that way.[/quote]

In the movies he doesn't, but that's because he is slightly scared of Obi-Wan and trying to turn Luke to the dark side respectively. He hunts down and executes plenty of Jedi during the dark times.

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Ahsoka is even closer to him than Luke. He doesn't know Luke (yet) and she is basically his foster daughter. It would not fit his movie behavior if he simply killed Ahsoka.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I don't think he would try to kill her instantly, but depending on how she reacted, he might end up having to chose between remaining loyal to Sidious and destroying Ahsoka. And we know, of course, that he was loyal to Sidious up until the point of Luke getting fried half to death.

I'm thinking of the way he behaved when Obi-Wan confronted him on Mustafar, in ROTS. By that point, he had already led the 501st into the Jedi temple, trashed the place, and killed every man-jack in it, including the children. And as Palpatine specifically emphasized, "every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan Kenobi is now an enemy of the Republic"... But even so, he was still unwilling, at first, to kill Obi-Wan. He still tried to talk him out of trying to stop him, tried to get him to join him, even though he must have known that Obi-Wan would not be moved, and that a fight to the death was inevitable. But he tried anyway. "Don't make me kill you." None of the temple Jedi got that, they were just executed in cold blood.

Course at the end of the duel Obi-Wan had de-limbed him and was leaving him to burn, and all bets were off. "I HATE YOU!" But before battle was joined, Vader did try to avert the inevitable. Obi-Wan was his brother.

Which brings me to Ahsoka. If Vader ever did cross paths with her again, I'm thinking either he killed her or she ended up serving the Empire in some capacity.

Hmm... High Inquisitor Tano.. now there's a thought.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    If we only focus on what Vader's choices are, yes he seems to be limited in what his options regarding Ahsoka might be, try to turn her to the dark side, try to kill her, less likely would be letting her go. That is certainly leaving Ahsoka's will and her choices out of the equation. She could turn to the dark side, try to kill him, or try to flee. If we try to keep the choices in context to the characters and what we would expect from them, I would expect Vader to try to turn Ahsoka and reveal himself to be her old Master, Ahsoka to be outraged, disappointed and disgusted, Vader to then get enraged and realize he could not let her live, Ahsoka would still not want to kill him yet realize that was what he intends on, so I would expect her to attempt to flee. Vader, does not have the best track record with capturing or killing the people he intends on hunting down. He allowed Leia to escape in ANH, he allowed the Millennium Falcon to escape in ANH, he allowed Luke to escape in ESB. I'm sure in Vader's arrogance, in each of those situations he thought he had the upper hand, and that escape was impossible for his foes, this is especially apparent by his reaction to Luke allowing himself to fall in the scene in ESB. Vader is not infallible when he thinks he has someone cornered. Therefore, I believe it would come down to Ahsoka fleeing from Vader and successfully escaping and I'm sure it could be written and done in a realistic way. Vader would be left to consider that he truly underestimated Ahsoka and her ability to deny him as her Master and that he let her get away and could not reveal this to Sidious, lest he look like a fool thanks to his old padawan. Ahsoka would be left to dwell on her inability to talk any kind of sense into her former mentor and Master, and her failure, and perhaps would then remember her vision of her future self on Mortis, warning her about Anakin. She would know that she must remain in hiding for the rest of her life, or at least until Vader and Sidious were dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.