main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Ex-LucasFilm employee leaks next animated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Because every time someone complains "there's soooo many negative comments!" I find that irritating, since they aren't contributing to a conversation, and are trying to stifle or shame dissenting opinions.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    It would be interesting to see the droids rising up to rebel against organics in an attempt to bring about some sort of technological singularity. An attempt to end the oppression of the organics. But like you mentioned, it's far more sci-fi than space opera fantasy that defines Star Wars at its core. So I doubt that these droids are acting alone, or even of their own volition. Something or someone has got to be controlling them from behind the scenes. Though I am a fan of stories about AI rebellions and the singularity, if well-written and executed properly. I also like this story premise of an invasion of completely alien synthetics causing former enemies to unite against the greater threat, as common and tired as this trope often is. Also, the whole "technology and the Force" colliding can make for a really cool singularity storyline.

"It appears this [droid] is preparing to rebel."

Near-human hybrids are fairly common throughout Star Wars, just look at characters like Darth Maul and the Dathomiri Nightbrothers and even Aurra Sing. But good point about the hybridization having major consequences in RL, like sterility (mules, ligers, etc.).

3. Nickster79

Nickster79 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    As much as some of this sounds a bit ridiculous, I would have felt the same way about Star Wars: The Clone Wars if I had read a basic plot outline and character outlines before the series began...and I ended up loving it.

KED12345 and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    That is quite different then the half human half twilek kids shown in TCW, because near-humans are not aliens, they are connected to normal humans, but twileks are not near-humans, but actual aliens.

It makes sense for near-humans to be able to interbreed with other near-humans and normal humans, though it doesn't make much sense for aliens to be able to interbreed with humans.

LelalMekha likes this.
  5. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Roger that.

6. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I liked the Sky guys in Jade Empire and the 2002 movie 'Hero', so I'm not opposed to the name per se. If this really is about the new animated series, then I'll probably watch it and judge the characters, stories and overall entertainment I get out of it all afterwards.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Circular_Logic

I don't think Star Wars needs to go deep into the singularity and what it's implications are to explore this type of story. It's one I'd like to see too, actually. Droids are treated like appliances in the SW universe. Anakin is regarded as foolish for treating R2 as a friend.

Most droids in the original trilogy are all beat-up, as much has fallen into disrepair as a result of the Empire. I feel like there's been enough setup through the saga that this storyline could take place.

And hey, if we look at A Friend in Need, R2 riles up a group of droids to overcome their current owners. It's not unprecedented, even in T-canon. There's also IG-88's almost-rebellion, and HK's Mustafar army (though I don't really consider anything in Galaxies to be canon).

8. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    "Well, if droids could think, there'd be none of us here, would there?" I always felt like this line was foreshadowing somehow or there were more implications to it. When it came up again even more fleshed out in the D-Squad arc it made me think it might be something on George's mind we might be seeing more of.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The liger is actually favorite animal of mine to use as an example for how hybridization can go wrong. The lion and the tiger while both cats may well be aliens to each other separated by atleast 800,000 years of evolution and physically they are different animals built for different habitats and life styles.

The Bengal Tiger evolved to hunt in forests, is solitary, and rarely attacks animals larger than itself. Its heavier than the lion but has a shorter body length and shorter legs with more powerful hind legs making it a much better jumper. The tiger has a larger head in relation to it body with a shorter muzzle and bigger thicker canines so the tiger can kill its prey by biting through the vertebrae in the prey's neck. The African Lion is lighter but longer and taller than the tiger. Its a better sprinter with longer legs and the tuft of fur on the end of its tail hides a hard tip that acts as a counter balance. In prides (highly social) or just as often alone lions regularly take down animals much larger than themselves which they overcome through a combination of power and wit thus a broader chest and strong forearms for pulling those animals down. It kills by suffocation so its jaws are smaller and weaker with skinnier canines. Thanks to smaller jaw muscles the lion's cranium has room for a slightly bigger brain.

Physically you get an animal with mismatch proportions that cause deformities in the legs and in some cases the spine. The canines in Ligers sometimes have to be removed because they don't fit in the mouth correctly when its closed which wears the gums. Then there is the issue male lions always carries a gene the promotes large size and his offspring, the lioness carries a gene that puts a limit on that. Tigresses don't have this gene so the result is gigantism which means the Liger grows enormous and is prone to obesity. That does even include the mental problems of an animal torn between the tigers solitary ways and the lion being a social... wait what am I rambling about? Point is hybridization is really bad. It creates a different picture of the Lawquane kids when they grow up. =b

I wonder if the nano droids were the beginning of using droids to create beings that seem organic or imitate organic beings almost like cells. This is basically what a scientist did in the anime I keep mentioning called Casshern sins. It kinda sounds like there is an evil Mando who would is gonna get the bad guy stamp (hard to read, I'll believe it when I see it) who will either know something or be behind it. Either that or the Zel-Quui (?) dude would turn out to be the furor. I myself don't mind some scifi but would hate to lose the fantasy, fairy tale aspect of it.

Technology and The Force meet. Reminds me of Gargoyles when Demona gives talks about her plan to combine science and sorcery to wipe out the human race allthough its not much alike

It'll need some kind of armor me thinks. =b

Circular_Logic likes this.
  10. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Maybe the nano droids are somehow able to spoof or alter Midi-chlorians? If they act on a cellular or sub cellular level why not create a cyborg or some kind of living(?) droid with an off the chart Midi-cholrian count? Another way they could combine technology and the force.

11. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Sounds like something Hego Damask Inc. might come up with.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Fake force or create a force weirder? Hmmm... Well if one can do it with sorcery like Talzin...

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    WARNING: LESS THAN 100% GUSHING NERDJUICE POSITIVE COMMENT BELOW

CHECK YOUR BASH PRIVILEGE

I don't like this script.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Wait, you liked Sky from Jade Empire? Sky was nauseating, but maybe that's because I'm a dude and not appreciative of his charms.

But Sky as a name doesn't bother me, names rarely do. The person makes the name, not the other way around, imo.

Oh, and this show sounds terrible, so I hope it gets made and fails miserably, driving off kids from the ST, hurting the ST sales and discouraging future animated series as the first step in the total collapse of the Star Wars franchise.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The whole thing sounds too much like the Terminator meets Star Wars.

16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Except they aren't half human half twi'lek kids; Cut Lawquane is simply their adoptive father.

17. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Which I would like, since terminators are actually scary... Really this is starting to grow on me more and more. Only thing I´m not sure about are the protagonists.

18. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    ive just finished reading "the book of sith"
    Sidious talks of gathering force users and creating his "shadow gaurd" to do covert missions
    He also talks of moving his concious to another body and escaping "chaos" aswell as creating monsters on byss using force alcammy and experiments (Maul isnt mentioned by name but Sidious line "i have plans for you" kinda made me think Maul would of been a science project)

Theres some stuff i like in this Reclamation draft esp the possible link to 1313 and the nano droids

Maybe the shadow is a darkside user or users attacking both sides to make Luke Skywalker and jedi look bad keeping the galaxys opinion of jedi negative

19. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    You know it's fake, right?

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just realized as far as "Sky" Bonteri...awww, she named him after Skyguy.

Mmmmkay. [face_plain]

21. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Eh, we'll see if this pans out as fact or merely rumor. Not too thrilled either way.

22. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't hate it. It's an interesting way to handle Luke and retain some mystery about him for ep7. This may have been Filoni's failed attempt to keep his staff from being canned. As likely as not its fake.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Which 'scary Sci-fi' doesn't sound like the correct direction for SW to go IMO.

And if that's real I don't think its a script. Its just some kind of outline that's gotten leaked and will likely get someones ass sued over. I would be surprised if laid off employees weren't make to sign some kind of non-competition agreement not to leak info about the ST and possible projects.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Keep this in mind: This was supposedly published on November 9th, 2012. Not even two weeks after the Disney/LucasFilm sellout. Anyone who thinks that if this hasn't changed one single bit doesn't understand how the process of script writing works. This is the first rough draft and it might not even be real, let alone up to date. Like I said, the OP claimed that the project is on hold due to layoff. That tells me this is going to get canned for a new show, because it claims that this will be a Clone Wars style-project in terms of the workforce. You can't do that when the workforce has been laid off.

This show isn't going to happen. Move on.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pretty sure everyone is discussing the possibilities because there is little else to talk about right now.

Hmmm... guess if we should just move on then should I close this thread, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.