main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well if a writer is sounding hopeful that's got to count for something, surely?

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    In this uncertain time for a fan... always in motion is the future, and many possible futures there are.

I am being optimistic and I think the writer is keeping it positive. If we mix that with a persistent message, we just might get somewhere.

This has been a public service announcement for #SaveTheCloneWars. ;)

3. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Imagine it now.

Fives.

The Republic Commando.

I would lose it if that happened.

Seerow and Random Comments like this.
  4. oXdanXo

oXdanXo Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2013
    Have they announced anything about the bonus content yet?

If I had the money I'd buy Disney, let the Clone Wars continue, and have Mickey Mouse as a rival Sith Lord, then let Sidious teach him a lesson or two.

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Psshhhh Mickey could take on Palps.....

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    High fives for Fives! I'd look most forward to anything that makes Fives mad. =b

Disney remains silent right now.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    So can Goofy

8. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Oh yes, right. Perhaps the folks at 0isney are planning to do something, er, Kingdom Hearts-y with the Star Wars Franchise. Micky as the Head of the NJO, Black Pete working for the enemy's leader and so on.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh man, the horror, I'm just imagining this now. Then ya throw in like some dimension jumping earthling a jump into the actual movies to help them along.

10. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Yeah, I hope they wait a long time from now when I am far, far away before they do something dumb like a "Mickey in the Star Wars Universe" movie! [face_bleh]

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Movies every year sounds cool actually though how smart they will be remains to be sees. I can't help but be a bit cynical and say its about the Disney parks in the end.

12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    As long as the parks have free admission, I'm game :p

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its about $100usd a pop to set foot into DisneyWorld. Then after that point there is nothing you can buy that costs under $7usd. You want a personal pan pizza with a coke? Be prepared to pay close to $18usd for it.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ok Chewy89 I gotta plan. You wanna go to Disney World. I wanna go to Disney World cuz I never been. Let's find some of the employees dressed as Stormtroopers, knock 'em cold when no one's looking and leave them in a coat closet, and steal their armor. If this gig could get someone into the Death Star, it could get us into Disney World. Which is basically the same thing.

15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Use a Star Wars plot to get into a Star Wars theme park? AWESOME!!!! I'm in :p

16. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "I've heard from people familiar with Lucasfilm's internal politics that Kennedy has been vocal about retaining Lucas' original vision for Star Wars and preserving Lucasfilm jobs in the face of Disney's relentless cost-cutting measures"

So far she clearly hasnt tried hard enough, everything is getting canceled and a ton of People have been fired.

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If she gets the top job she can rectify that. Also if she pushes her luck to far, Disney could fire her. To maintain her own job and importance, she has to be careful how vocal she can be.

18. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    She wasn't a part of the sell to Disney?

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm in and I have two others, one of the just over four feet tall, the other just under four feet tall, who are also in.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

:D

(I really do want to take them to Disney at some point.)

Barriss_Coffee and Chewbacca89 like this.
  20. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    The more the merrier!

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Kathleen Kennedy wouldn't be part of the layoffs and cost cutting stuff? She probably would be better for the film side of Disney if she landed CEO over the theme parks guy.

22. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Aw man, The Clone Wars cancelled and now Futurama cancelled? I'm losing all my animated sci-fi television!

This must be how the "rural purge" felt like for fans of The Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, and Hee Haw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge

Could we be witnessing the "sci-fi purge"? The Clone Wars, Futurama, and Tron: Uprising all canned within a few months of each other.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't forget Transformers Prime, Young Justice, and Green Lantern. Ok perhaps not all Sci-fi but for me the only thing left is Archer. I would call it more the animation and action cartoon purge.

Mia Mesharad and Darth_Harmon like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The idea of a "sci-fi purge" is just depressing.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait, Futurama's cancelled? Again? Dang, there's actually been a bunch of decent episodes since it came back again.