main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    i see, so the custimization is basically the same as KOTOR just more in depth? I don't really care much about how my character looks, just equipping different items and leveling up in a similar manor

2. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    *shakes head*

I like the trooper armour designs, I was a bit concerned it might not look good on female characters but it does.

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Pretty much yeah. I mean you can now craft mods and such instead of just finding them but...yeah, its pretty much get armor, find mods to equip them with, and you're good to go :p

4. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    How do you unequip a weapon in TOR?

:( Help me.

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    No clue. How far have you gotten?

6. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm on Kaas, level 11. But I accidentally equipped a vibrosword and now I can't equip my lightsaber unless I unequip it first.

7. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Oh ok. I'm a level 3 on Tython...:p

8. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm also level 4 on Tython on the Jedi side. :p

9. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Cool. Hoping to play more tonight after work. You like Tython?

10. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Meh. I like Korriban better. :p

Tell me when you play today and lets play together. :)

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm a level 23 trooper and I think 18 or 19 consular... one on Taris (ew I hate Taris so much) and the other on Nar Shaddaa. I'd offer to come help you noobs but it does depend on what server you're on, I have a low-level bounty hunter and jedi on a different server.

As for equipping and unequipping, go to the little person symbol, which opens your character and companion pages, then right-click on any slot you want to unequip.

12. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Yeah, I figured it out. I'm currently on Dromuund Kaas as a Sith. :)

13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I let you know!

14. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    I wish you could use a 360 controller on TOR

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Have you tried?

16. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    No but message boards with other people asking have said that it isn't compatible :(

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Honestly don't know how you'd play TOR with a controller [face_dunno]Only two kinds of games where I would never use a controller: RPGs and Strategy games.
    Only two things got me through Taris; one for each character.

For my Consular, there was a certain thing from KOTOR that I finally get to see resolved...although it gave me a :(

For my Agent, he was going head-to-head in a competition with a Sith prodigy and was doing some infiltrating of his own of a Republic special operations group :p

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I can't really say what it is about Taris that I hate but it's just so frustrating. Worst is that there's no choice about it... bleh.

19. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    i play the KOTOR games, dragon age and mass effect with a controller and thats great, but I agree with you on RTS games, i play supreme commander forged alliance like crazy, couldn't ever use a controller on that

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    The scenery is pretty blargh on the Republic; the Imperials actually have it better believe it or not due to them warring against some rebel factions. On the Republic side...you're just going around doing mindless quests and killing rakghouls. So. Many. Rakghouls. And whenever you go back with a completed side quest, there's at least half a dozen more to replace the one you just completed.

Taris just felt very long and tedious on the Republic side imo. I don't think I ever completed it fully; just got the hell out of there as soon as I could after completing my class story quests [face_skull]

Well goes without saying as to why Mass Effect is easy with a controller; its mainly a third person shooter with RPG elements on the side :p

As for the other two...they were just better optimized for the use of a controller, especially when it comes to your skills compared to MMORPGs like TOR where you have...a lot of skills. Way too many to be confined to the limited number buttons on a controller. That and TOR doesn't have an option for you to pause the game to set up your skills and attack patterns :p

21. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    lol, i felt the same way about taris in the original game, but then over time it slowly became one of my favorite planets.

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I liked Taris; a good starting world. At least in KOTOR Taris you had a city to explore while under Sith occupation, then you go down to the lower levels where you got your swoop gangs and bounty hunters, and then the under levels where you got your Rakghouls and Rancors.

TOR Republic Taris is just all swamp. And Rakghouls. And you kill them. That's it.

23. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    indeed, taris is a really cool world and it is fun becuz (uunlike how many feel) i really have come to enjoy not being a jedi during that world, it is pretty fun to start off at a low level like that

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    For favorite planet in KOTOR it has to be Dantooine mostly cause "JEDI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [face_hypnotized]"

For TOR its either Hoth or Corellia. Corellia had all the big stuff really going down but I'm always attracted to ice worlds/environments. That and Hoth had some interesting things that needed to be done there :cool:

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Corellia, I can't wait :D

I also can't wait for KotOR because well. I can't buy it here since it's more expensive. *tries to have patience*