main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Ex-LucasFilm employee leaks next animated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I dearly, dearly hope this is fake.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would make a nice long comment about this but after reading 8 pages of posts about how people do not like it and Lux and Ashoka offspring I am too tired.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If you're being laid off anyway, why sign the agreement?

P.S. I think this is fake.

4. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    You don't sign NDAs at the end of your career because of this very question. But whoever leaked this (if real, and not just a slightly more believable SuperShadow script) would almost certainly have signed an NDA when they took their job at the beginning, especially if they were in a position to have access to this sort of information.

My thoughts on the overview itself are mixed. When one compares some TV shows and movies to their initial few-page "treatments", they're almost unrecognisable from the polished product they end up being, so if this is real I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until we actually see some of it.

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Move along. Move along.

6. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    If you look at the original poster of this:
    fantasmographer

IMDb member since March 2006

Rankin/Bass 1998-2001
    Zombie Studios 2001-2004
    Digital Dimension 2005-2008
    Lucasfilm 2008-Present
    I just find it a little more believable that it might be true, why would a guy who has had an account since 2006 all of a sudden decide to post that, if he joined the day before I would be more suspicious. I can see what they are trying to do fusing Clone Wars mythology with poss Ep 7 themes. Maybe some photoshop genius can unblur and handwritten notes.

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So... what exactly is the problem with Lux and Ahsoka ending up together and having children supposed to be again?

(Other then the obvious biological compatibility questions, of course).

Also, what's with the pessimism about the concept? Virtually any genre story idea sounds stupid on paper. "A policeman gets hit by a car and has a coma dream that he's in 1973" sounds like a dumb idea, even a boring one - and it was the best television series of the past decade. You can't tell until you see how it's executed.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

The fact that this guy/girl apparently decided to make a post about an alleged leaked outline for a TV series, and yet provides his work history seems incredibly stupid IMO. If it were legit and LucasFilm wanted to pursue legal action, that kind of leads a crumb trail for them to follow and identify who the individual is.

9. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    He is probably pissed they all got fired. I have a friend that works in the film industry, he leaked some stuff on line about a big franchise (not SW) he was working on and the FBI tracked him down hah. It happens.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    TaradosGon

Yeah, people are idiots. It's one of the universal constants.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's not a biological problem, I think they probably are biologically compatible since Togrutas are humanoid.

It's a genetics problem. That poor kid will get a double dose of the "annoying as hell" gene. And we'd have to watch said double dose on screen.

Darth__Syphilis and kubricklynch like this.
  12. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    If you can find a genetic therapy that stops people from being annoying when they're teenagers, you'll become the richest woman in the world.

Other than the stuff typical for teenagers, I fail to see what was particularly annoying about either Lux or Ahsoka.

Darth_Pevra and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, not all teenagers are annoying. In fact, I'd say I find far more of them likable than annoying.

But if you can watch either the Citadel arc or Shadows of Malevolence and not want to slap the hell out of Ahsoka, your tolerance for arrogance and petulance is far greater than mine. Ditto if you can watch Heroes on Both Sides and not get annoyed with Lux.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Them being humanoid aliens does not mean they are biologically compatible and can have kids. Humanoid just means an alien that walks upright, has 2 arms and 2 legs, and 1 head, and that can be applied to aliens such as Wookies, Rodians, etc, which im sure can't have kids with humans.

It's bad enough we got some half breed with that twilek in TCW, hope we don't see anymore part Man part Alien characters in star wars.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Half breed"

[​IMG]

Hem hem, Professor.

K'Kruhk, JevanShevu, Seerow and 3 others like this.
  16. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    In before lock ... [face_party]

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Interesting LuxSoka spawn and a random Lando child. Luke wondering around and someone else starting the the NJO. Yeah not a fan of this.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It does seem like some folks have been watching to much anime who came up with stuff. Lando's child is like a 14 year old smuggler? I'm imagining a scantily clad, big mouthed Ahsoka clone there.

19. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Not really sounds like a copy of what they did in clone wars. Lando Kid is Ashoka, Sky is Anakin, and Master dude is obi-wan.

20. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I absolutely agree with this.

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The script does look interesting. It doesn't look great, just interesting.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Disney plans to destroy the post-RoTJ EU (if this is a) correct and b) comes into fruition)

Most impressive.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I thought an post-ROTJ EU "destruction" was inevitable from the start with VII on the table and all.

24. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    The fact that the IMDB page says they have been working on the details since early last year makes me wonder if that is a pretty good indication it is fake. Early 2012 would have been before Disney even bought the franchise and probably before they even had a good grasp of what they wanted the ST to be about. Not sure they would be working on a cartoon series before those things were even ironed out.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The only thing about this that sounds very good, and more importantly, at all legitimate, is the timing of its setting. Post ROTJ, leading up to Episode 7. But that was pretty obvious, so whoever created this (if it is indeed fake) didn't have to think through that part very hard.

Also: "i could probably get in trouble, but oh wait, i don't work there anymore"... yeah, OK. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.