main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New animated series leaked? Update: It's fake. Nobody is surprised. Film at 11.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Duh, thats why it's made of win.

I can't wait to see Ahsoka teach Luke a thing or two.

2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    oh no, sex!

But the show actually takes place in 19 ABY, which, if true, would neatly preserve all golden era EU material, everything pre Yuuzhan Vong war, give or take a few retcons here and there.

3. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    No, it did not. The Clone Wars did not erase 30 years of continuity; it disregarded certain elements of a 3-year-old continuity. Until they started killing off Jedi Masters who were already dead, there was no continuity conflict at all to the untrained eye.

Independent Lucasfilm would never wipe out continuity with a single stroke, because it had invested very heavily on it.

4. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    You said it was obviously a hoax because it rewrote "holocron-dictated C-canon". I said TCW already did that. Which it did. You even give some examples of it right here. You didn't say anything about how it was a hoax because it was rewriting continuity from 30 years ago instead of 3 years ago, you didn't say it was obviously a hoax because a slightly more trained eye (let's face it, how many people are going to know that the Union should be the Remnant) could pick up on this. Change the goalposts now if you want, but TCW changed C-canon. It just...did.

In your opinion to a lesser degree than the changes proposed here - and I'd agree. But to say "independent Lucasfilm" would never wipe out continuity due to its investment in it is...an odd thing to say when you're saying it immediately after acknowledging the issues around the deaths of various Jedi Masters, and when TCW also did things like change established Mandalorian politics, etc., etc. Some of these things can be retconned fairly seamlessly, some can't, but that's tangential to the fact if you need a retcon, it's because you have a conflict.

Look, I don't really want to believe this is real either, so I'm happy to hear reasons why it might be a hoax. But splitting hairs over the exact lengths to which TCW was allowed to change canon, and how that somehow indicates precisely how far this show would be allowed to go, as though it provides us with a clear and inarguable line in the sand, is not useful, because it doesn't.

George Lucas is THE guy who told Dave Filoni not to worry too much about the EU, after all.

Rawne, MarasFire and kubricklynch like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sex isn't a problem. Those two annoying-as-**** characters combining genetic material to create another character, is a grotesque problem.

That may be the only good thing I have to say about it.

cdgodin, instantdeath and CT-867-5309 like this.
  6. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Put simply: TCW was liberal with continuity, whereas this little faker we're discussing disregards continuity, and I don't believe that anyone in independent Lucasfilm, the owner included, would want to just wipe the slate clean and mess with the spectacularly successful from a financial point of view licensing model they had developed over 20 years. They would be liberal with it "to allow for creative freedom" but not go as far as forcing a lot of material into "it never happened territory". You may think that's splitting hairs, but, yes, the exact lengths to which TCW was allowed to change canon, and how that indicates how far this show would be allowed to go, does indeed provide us with a line in the sand, to my eyes. That is the chief giveaway for me, with the 1313/TCW tie-ins and the fact that it's not very well written coming next.

7. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I have no idea how a secret droid army from the depths of Coruscant makes sense. Yeah, sure its a giant city planet so might be easy to hide things but to create enough droids to fight two interstellar governments? Unless this is some Celestial/Rakatan tech, I just don't see it. Plus, this seems more like a plot (if it were even real) for a novel or a game. Not an entire series. And of course this pretty much dumps the EU completely.. at least TCW somewhat acknowledged it but throws quite a bit out of continuity in the post-Endor period.

Might be my sleep deprived brain but I think the only thing I found interesting was the character list. I kind of like the idea of Lando having a daughter... and Sky seems like a nice nod to TCW and even the Mando seems unique.

Woah, woah, woah... Lucas? Are you suggesting that Darth Lucas is an in-universe Sith Lord?! [face_hypnotized]

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

This might be Star Wars blasphemy on my part but this seems appropriate:
    [​IMG]

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    So long as it can be done by two human actors wearing alien outfits, it is okay.

Cronal likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sure this belongs in the diversity thread but...Togrutas are humanoid, so yes.

10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Hutts can be done by two human actors wearing one alien outfit, so... wait a minute, is that why they are hermaphrodites?

11. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Don't forget they're self-replicating. If they're agile (or stealthy) enough and have a sufficiently fast reproduction rate, they don't need to be legion (at first) in order to be a major threat.

[face_rofl]

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, as the protagonist of 1313 was going to be Boba Fett, maybe they were going to be really creative and have his DNA get stolen and Palpatine form this secret army of Fett clones underneath the Senate building...

Oh, wait, a secret clone army, that's been done... so, er, need something else, um, what can we do... oh yeah, that Mass Effect was good: let's go with a self-replicating Reaper invasion instead!

The more I dissect this outline, the more laughable its fanfic elements are. :p

Cronal and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Of course, the trained eye might have noticed things like a fixed location on Ryloth having both day and night, Abregado turning into a gas giant, etc.

Zorrixor and kubricklynch like this.
  14. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Although I agree this is probably a fake, I really like the idea. The Shade. I like it.

15. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    This series is obviously a lead in to the Sequel Trilogy:
    Ep VII: The Search for Chewbacca's Gold
    Ep VIII: Bib Fortuna and the Rise of the Dark Falls
    Ep IX: Darkness Falls on the Rise of the Dark Falls

cdgodin, Grey1, Lugija and 1 other person like this.
  16. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    lol... at least no actor fits into Sy Snootles :p

Barriss_Coffee and Zorrixor like this.
  17. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Wait, you guys are talking about those two from Jedi Trial, aren't you?

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I... uh... totally read that sentence the wrong way at first... [face_plain]

19. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    D'oh... but remind me, which way was the wrong way? :p

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The only context I could see this being remotely plausible is not as a bridge to thesequel trilogy (which wouldn't have existed yet) but rather as a pitch for a follow-up to TCW for Lucas Animation to produce- and it leaning very heavily on 1313 as a game/franchise.

Given that there was seemingly an effort to tie together TCW, 1313 and Underworld to one degree or another- I could see this being a further spinoff of that media crossover (if only for the reason that it would allow them to recycle a lot of resources between the projects and cut down production overhead).

That said, it screams too fanficy to me. If by some chance it was real, it's prospects fell apart with the loss of Underworld and 1313.

kubricklynch likes this.
  21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    as for too fanficcy... how did TCW look to us in the beginning? :p and it still does!

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Too fanficcy" isn't an insult in and of itself, as not all fan fiction is bad.

23. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I wouldn't count 1313 out just yet.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Even if 1313 re-emerges, the concept of banking off of the game AND the Underworld TV series (which is definitely on hold) to launch a new series is gone.

I didn't think it looked fanficy ;).

And I don't mean to insult fanfic work with that comment- just saying it looks like someone combined some plausible elements into a fan fic idea that doesn't come across as a real deal pitch concept.

25. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Barf barf barf, I need a barf bag. Anyone, who's got a barf bag? Somebody? I don't want cause a mess here on the boards.

Ugh, someone purge this nonsense immediately.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.