main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY LGA 2013 Planning

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Jan 3, 2013.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thought about it but I'm not sure how many locals we'll really reach at a Lexington con. Plus it looks like so much fun and I haven't had a chance to go to it yet in it's first 2 years, I'd like to enjoy it as a fan first. For promoting us I'd like to hit up the local events like Free Comic Book Day and the Star Wars gaming tournaments upcoming.

2. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    That is so true Mika. and yea.. it's really going to be something next year. Looks like Star Wars might own the place. [face_cowboy][face_coffee]

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I just got this email from the Fraizer History museum. Anyone know anything about this?

Saturday, April 13, 2013
    11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    What do a medieval knight and a Star Wars Storm Trooper have in common? We will have live walking and talking examples of each for you to meet from 12 to 2 p.m. Join us for medieval-themed performances, crafts and countless hands-on discovery objects, all designed to give you a glimpse into life during the Middle Ages.

Second Saturdays treat families to a little bit extra during their trip to the museum. On the second Saturday of each month, the Frazier History Museum offers engaging games, crafts, activities and historical performances revolving around a selected theme and designed with children and families in mind. Second Saturday activities are always free with paid admission and, of course, admission is always free for members.

4. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    No, I don't, but this sounds awesome! April 13th huh? I wonder who the Storm Trooper will be?

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    No one from the 501st, this isn't on our event list. Probably a museum employee in a Rubies costume :)

6. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Appo and I are going. We plan on being there at 11:00 on the 13th and checking this out. He's thinking about wearing his Vader costume (not repping any club, that is unless it would be alright to rep our alliance). It'll be pretty funny to see the Troopers reaction.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    If you want to, feel free to PM me your email addy and I can forward you the original email the Fraizer sent me.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Since when does Appo have a Vader costume? Have you been holding out on us?

9. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    PM sent my Jammies! "Thank You"!

And >cough< ... well Mika, yea. I purchased a Rubies Supreme for Appo for Christmas. It was originally intended to be submitted for a Dark Empire approval but... well... Sith happens. :mad:

I think Capt. Midnight and Appo are going to try and make some upgrades to it for Legion submission. But heck, Appo has a Mandalorian that's almost completed plus he has that Clone Trooper to work on too. Midnight, his wife and us got together a couple of months ago to begin work on the Clone for a Commander Appo.. but poor Appo has had so much duty for the Empire that it's been VERY slow going.

He talked about wearing the Vader to the Frazier thing. I told him it's not a Star Wars event, mostly for Mid-evil education, but he might do it anyway. Could drum up some attention for the local Star Wars Fan Force Group. People would ask questions and we would have the answers. 8-} I think.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Very cool about the Vader. I'd like to see it sometime. I'm not near close on any other costumes.

You might want to check with Frazier first, don't want to upset any of the muggles. They might not want Vader upstaging their show.

11. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Very good Mika... as excited as he is about an opportunity to wear his Vader, I think you are right about that and echo my original thoughts about it. If he still thinks he wants to wear it, we'll ring Frazier just to make sure. Advice well given and very well taken. [face_batting]

12. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    we could break out our old tribe gear. i think i still have some. maybe.

13. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Will have to see about my work schedule...

14. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh I hope a few of us can make this.. it would be loads of fun! We could do some lunch together somewhere if everyone would like. I sent an e-mail to the Frazier asking if we can show up in costume. I'll let everyone know what they say as soon as they respond.

Thanks again for the suggestion Mika. Courtesy goes a very long way. [face_batting]

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah can't make this...why? I have to go car shopping. I told Jammies the other night but everything was just finalized today. Someone hit my vehicle as I was driving down Breckinridge Lane and totalled it right before Easter. Just got the check today. Just some bruises on my end. If it would have been more serious I would have shared with you sooner. Really more of an inconvience now.

Not to derail the thread but...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Glad you were safe Boss, and glad you have good coverage. I know it is a hassle, but we all look forward to seeing your new Jedi Mobile.

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Hey, I could have been worse:
    [​IMG]

jedimika likes this.
  18. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    GULP!!! OUCH!! That was too close! [face_relieved]

I'm so glad I told all of you how much you all mean to me!! This just proves at just any given moment in time.... how utterly close we are to our everlasting rewards.

Oh Mika I'm so glad your alright.... so very, very glad.

And now, on to that new Jedi Starfighter! :cool:

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008

You win....

20. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, wait. I'm sorry Mika i wasn't trying to imply that this was a contest or a one up manship thing. But you are right-- from a certain point of view. I did win, I won becouse my friend was not hurt, and that he is safely with us and his family. [:D]

21. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Well... at this point in time, I for one don't want to get one up on either one of you. RUNS AWAY!!!! ...... ^:)^

22. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey Gang, I finally received a response on my inquire. It came in yesterday, however I'd contracted some kinda dreaded scourge and was sick all day. I hadn't checked my e-mail until this morning. I think it was a strep of some sort. Had a sore throat and very slight nasal and lung congestion. I'm over it now but weakened so we won't be attending this today. :_|

Here's the response. I included his e-mail addy with it. He's the contact person and his addy is public anyway so I didn't think it inappropriate.

Mick Sullivan <msullivan@fraziermuseum.org>
    12:27 PM (19 hours ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to Natalie, me
    [​IMG]
    Hello Cathy!
    My name is Mick Sullivan and I am the fellow coordinating tomorrow’s Medieval History activities. This is a part of our Second Saturday Series, which is a themed day (Women’s History, Wild West, Halloween, etc) each month. The main concept behind each day is that all of the events are geared towards young kids and families. We’re trying to make history approachable and fun by using lots and lots of hands-on objects and engaging activities. So we try to keep things lighthearted whenever possible. There’s not any “speakers” per se – our regular group of performer interpreters will perform several period correct characters (Robin Hood, William Tell, Sword Demos) on stage throughout the day. So tomorrow we’ll have a craft table for kids to make their own plague mask, opportunities to try on armor and repro artifacts to touch and help spark the imaginations. It’s a gonna be fun. Oh and we’ll have a live knight and Star Wars Storm Trooper for armor comparisons.
    As far as your costumes – SURE! The more the merrier, right. I just wanted to be clear that the idea is Fun and educational, and not “high-brow” education (or whatever that may be). If you want to come hang out and tour the museum – we’d love to have you!
    Thanks,

Mick Sullivan
    Coordinator of Youth and Public Programs
    Frazier History Museum
    Louisville, KY
    msullivan@fraziermuseum.org

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool, now we know...and knowing is half the battle :)

Sorry you're under the weather, hope you feel better.

24. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I sure do Mika and "Thanks". :)

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    If knowing is half the battle, then 1/4th of the battle is red lasers and the other 1/4th is blue lasers.

VoxDeamonicus likes this.