main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Is It Possible.....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jango Fett, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango Fett

Jango Fett Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2013
    When Leia Organa told Luke Skywalker
    Could she have been talking about the adopted mom who told Leia that she was her real mother?

darthbarracuda likes this.
  2. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Nope. Luke specifically said "Your real Mother" and she didn't bat an eyelid. Leia knew she was adopted at that point, otherwise she would have said something to the contrary.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This has been asked many times.

4. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    The fact that she knew Padme was "very beautiful, kind, but sad" doesn't contradict anything in ROTS. She clearly indicated that she remembered her through "images" and "feelings" rather than normal memories, which is a very jedi-like thing. Also remember that both Luke and Anakin had visions/dreams about things too. Yoda even stated "through the force, things you will see. The future, the past, old friends long gone."

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's also possible that memory in Star Wars is better than memory in real life.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Giant truck sized plot hole

7. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Or, ya'know, the Force.

Images. Feelings.

8. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    No, I'm sticking with plothole. She was asked a simple question about her memories and she gave a simple answer. No visions, no force. Just plot hole. The fans here bury their heads in the sand when it comes to plot holes

9. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    The thread title makes me think of the ancient aliens guy.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  10. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    [​IMG]

11. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Nah, no head burying on my part. I know Leia was not originally conceived by Lucas as Luke's sister and I know that what I said wasn't necessarily Lucas' original intentions when writing the conversation on the bridge. Nevertheless, given the events that we have seen play out in the films and based on what we know about the Force, it makes perfect sense that Leia could have seen visions of Padme and quite possibly felt her presence, be it in the real world or in some dream-like state.

"Just images, really. Feelings." - Leia (Return of the Jedi)

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future...the past. Old friends long gone." - Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)

"Obi-Wan...there...is good in him. I know there is...still..." - Padme (Revenge of the Sith)

"She was very beautiful. Kind, but sad." - Leia (Return of the Jedi)

I'm not going to push my opinions on you or tell you that you're wrong (differing opinions and varying perspectives are completely natural and, to be completely honest, make for very interesting and fun conversations and debates), but did you ever stop and think that, perhaps, sometimes its the people who dislike the films with their heads buried, unable or unwilling to accept change?

Jarren_Lee-Saber and SlashMan like this.
  12. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Something either fits the definition of a plot hole or it does not. It's not really subjective. Something either goes against the internal logic established in a film or it fits it. It's not really all that subjective to be blunt.

Lots of people here use qualifiers like "it makes sense" to justify these types of rationalizations they know full well are not coming from the film. Leia is describing her memories, as she was asked to do. She isn't telling us stories of visions, she clearly didn't form memories as a 5 second old infant.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Was already answered, Leia answered it

14. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That explanation doesn't cover why Luke had no memory of her whatsoever, not even images or feelings.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  16. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I deal in facts, a plot hole is a clearly defined concept. I did not invent the concept.

17. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Any number of potential factors could have prevented Luke from remembering. Maybe the fact that Leia was raised in a very similar environment and took on a position of Senator like her mother ("I am a senator, like my mother before me" ;) ) gave her a stronger link somehow. Maybe Luke's upbringing and his isolation from everything and anything related to his past hindered his 'vision'.

Leia remembering and Luke not is no different than any other instance in which one Force-user senses something that another does not.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's all way too much of a stretch for me, but if it works for you, kudos.

19. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    The fact that it takes that much explaining kind of tells you everything.

20. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    OK, I can see where this is going - off-topic and into the usual flame war over Leia's memories. It's been done to death and is still raging away over in the CT forum in the 'Plot hole' thread.

As far as I'm concerned, Yunners answered the OP's question one post in.

Locking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.