main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Ex-LucasFilm employee leaks next animated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I figure they'd have known for a while the take over was going to happen. I don't think it illogical work started in a new pilot last year. However then everyone got laid off and if legit this is on hold or canned anyways. What ever Filoni's working on that's in early stages is anyones guess.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04...developing-the-next-star-wars-animated-series

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The "Fifteen years have passed since RETURN OF THE JEDI and the death of Anakin Skywalker." part makes me think this isn't an official doc. They would say 'Darth Vader', not 'Anakin Skywalker'. Anakin died when he became Darth Vader.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Well, before he died he saved his son and in a way was Anakin Skywalker again in his final moments.

klooney and eht13 like this.
  4. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Except that his blue ghostie looks like young Anakin.

5. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    He still dies as Anakin Skywalker. When he saves Luke from the Emperor he is no longer Darth Vader. "Tell your sister you were right about me". Right that there was still good in him, and that somewhere deep down in Vader, Anakin still lived.

kubricklynch and eht13 like this.
  6. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    No point in hiding. They would hunt him down anyway.

7. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    He's still Darth Vader. He's just Darth Vader with some good in him.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Mask and armor doesn't Darth Vader make. He was Vader before the mask.

Darth__Syphilis likes this.
  9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    So does that make the ghost of Anakin actually the ghost of Darth Vader? Anakin rejected, though did not declare it so, his moniker of Darth Vader the moment he quite literary threw the Emperor out of power.

eht13 likes this.
  10. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    He declares it when he says "no" and picks the jerk up and throws him over the railing into a pit! Heh.

11. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Indeed.

12. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    At the end of Return of the Jedi, we see the force ghost of Anakin Skywalker, not Darth Vader.

13. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Oh gosh, not this debate again.

14. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    There should be no debate. George has spoken.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Not sure which Lucas quote you're referring to, or whether it's to the movies themselves... but this appears to be something not everyone agrees on. Seems clear to me, though, that the "Return of the Jedi" title referred in part to Anakin Skywalker "returning" just in time to save his son and kill Palpatine.

16. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    No.
    It's the movies themselves. Anakin being a blue ghostie means specifically that Anakin died when he became Darth Vader. It's the only way that change makes any sense. That is George telling everybody "Obi-wan wasn't lying. Anakin died when he became Darth Vader."

In regards to the title, Return of the Jedi is probably open to interpretation but to me it means the Jedi are returning now that the Sith are destroyed.

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    So who rescued Luke then? Sith Vader?

I don't think the whole "Anakin Skywalker died" element should be taken so literally. It is probably meant metaphorically.

eht13 likes this.
  18. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Darth Vader rescued Luke.

"Anakin Skywalker died" is spiritually literal. (or is it literally spiritual?) That's why his blue ghostie is young Anakin, not old Anakin who still has his arms and legs for some reason.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Interesting theory.

But what would Vaders motivation then be to rescue Luke? Like you said yourself, Anakin Skywalker is dead. Therefore following your logic to its conclusion Vader and Luke are not related in any way.

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    http://screenrant.com/stars-wars-reclamation-episode-7-prequel/ Heres some news on what the star wars reclamation might be like.

EDIT: IT also talks about a Criss villian could be involved. Meaning it could be like the clone wars where the Eu was still canon but not adapted which means some of the eu of the post return of the jedi may still be canon but not adapted into movies or t.v. shows!!!!!!

But thats just speculations!

21. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Biologically speaking he's still his son. He even calls him son multiple times. He wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it or think it. And the good part of him didn't want him to die so he did the only thing he could. He chose a side and saved his son.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I thought the good part in him (Anakin Skywalker) was dead?!

Maybe you should explain what or who you think actually died in ROTS. Because right now I'm getting confused.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This is bull****. C'mon, guys.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell. If we're going to get into semantics about when Anakin was Vader and when he wasn't, I'm going to get a headache too big for ibuprofen, it's going to have Vicoden written all over it.

kubricklynch and TreborSabreon like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the line "Henceforth you shall be known as Darth Vader" makes it a fairly quick debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.