main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  2. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    that's the opposite of derp

3. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    How about, "If women's vaginas had razor-sharp teeth, babies wouldn't be aborted"?

(It's true, if you think about it...)

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  6. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    You would just need to make sure to abort babies before they developed fingers.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ^That is really interesting. On the surface that guy is a dumbass but he may be telling the truth in his lil vid there.

What I am about to post is so very helpful in pointing out insanity.

"If you take birth control your mother probably hates you"

There's more!

"I could look at any one of you in the eyes right now and tell if you're going to be promiscuous,"

:eek:

"no one has ever had more than one [sexual] partner and not paid" and that a girl taking birth control "could end up sterile or dead."

And I'm gonna post that animated gif in another thread.

9. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Ah yes, that's my alma mater. George Washington High School, ladies and gentlemen. I know some of the people who contacted the ACLU over this.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh do tell. I'd love to here more background.

11. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Well, the assembly was paid for by a Christian group in the state called "Believe in West Virginia". However, it seems to have been pushed by the administration, particularly the principal, who scheduled the assembly out of the blue, only informed the faculty a day or two beforehand. Apparently the faculty were also instructed to not go into specifics on the nature of the assembly with students beforehand, but it leaked anyway, so much of the student body became aware of the nature of the assembly before it happened. Campbell and several other students encouraged students to not attend the assembly, since it was technically not required. She also contacted the ACLU about the assembly. Oh, and Aulenbacher (the principal) threatened to contact Katelyn Campbell's college to tell them she was a "backstabber" and "of bad character". She has now filed an injunction against him.

Source: I'm still friends with several of these people via facebook, and my sister still goes to GW and is friends with some of those who protested.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The exact, and I do mean exact, same set up has happened multiple times here in Michigan concerning getting Intelligent Design/Creationsim voted on and into classrooms. Out of nowhere, no one informed until the very last day, etc.

13. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    That's the tactic, I imagine. In any case, this definitely did not turn out the way that Mr. Aulenbacher intended.

14. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    How do people like that keep getting into positions of power over children?

15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Board of Education politics.

Also, GW has had a string of less-than-stellar administrators over the last decade. The last halfway decent administrator got railroaded out of there my freshman year.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I just think that we should flee from evil. Period.

Pat Robertson talking about Dungeons & Dragons. Now at times one should flee from evil. I mean, if your group is say mid level do gooders and some CR 25 red Dragon comes trouncing along, yeah...FLEE! Otherwise, take evil down.

Listen closely, I think it's the Sleep spell that gets him, not the multiple Lightning Bolts.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think we should flee from Pat Robertson.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Because people like that are doing the hiring.

Juliet316 and RC-1991 like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I missed this earlier. That's hilarious. One really, really has to wonder why this woman has such a hate-filled relationship with sex. She treats it like an evil monster that lurks in the shadows waiting for someone to kill.

I feel sorry for her with that level of anxiety and hatred, but at the same time, I don't think she has any business preaching her paranoia in front of children.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I hate how people are saying that, since these two immigrated here as kids, we should now stop Immigration Reform from passing.

Here's a good response I found on Facebook:

[​IMG]

23. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Nationality and ethnicity maybe, but religion seems a little disingenuous.

24. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Does anybody remember when this was a Senate thread called "The Future of the Republican Party?"

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002